Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wow, 160 Pages for nothing. This is now a joke. By this time last year, the Demon was REVEALED to the world for Fall delivery. This car is not coming out this year. Keep trying Ford. It's cute to watch.
Do you even realize how stupid you sound?
For what? You have your car...maybe the demon is not keeping you happy and you’re upset with purchase.

Just for clarification how long did it take Porsche to launch its new GT3RS? There was no RS in 12, 13, 14, or 15. The time between top performance vehicles is not new. But hell of you want to spend $87k and not be happy keep on buying from manufacturers who keep replacing their latest and greatest every 6 months.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Too much tension. This thread needs boobs.

3f4edc67-ea2c-44c0-a8fa-27e6754cc961-10089-pc-sec.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm absolutely shocked, and disgusted.

I can't believe Ford is going with the 3.5L EcoBoost in the 2019 GT500.

Kidding.

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Hardly any surface that has not been aero modified in this 2019 GT500 mule.... Also check out those lower front intakes ...clearly visible are mondo heat exchangers in there! This mule seems to be wearing pre-2018 refresh headlights. Hopefully Ford was diligent on weight reduction too. Sweet!

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well their pictures, even the ones without a watermark, they are all addressed to their website so I can't post them but I saw a screenshot from someone who I presume is in the know.

"Yes, the old headlights stayed because it's using the GT350s carbon composite radiator support. This allows the nose to be lower. The 18+ headlights would require a rework of that piece."

Makes sense. Hopefully that cost savings went into a composite subframe.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ah, didn't know GT350 had composite radiator support -- awesome!
Composite subframe -- not holding my breath ;-)

Definitely not going to have a composite subframe. Ford has been developing composite k-members, though. Whether or not it makes an appearance on the upcoming GT500 is anybody's guess. I have speculated in the past year or so that it would be.

68fastback

Need DOHC Alloy Big Block
Established Member
Yeah, there's so much that can be done but it's all a function of the cost/performance competitive dance ...a wedge for Ford right now having both a weight and cost disadvantage and with S650 pushed out a couple years (MY21/22?). Still, seems like a wonderful beast in the making ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread