Anyone have ice vending machines?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Twice the ice is the brand I had always seen in the past but there are others like Everest ice. Something I’ve thought about off and on, seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on an Everest machine for some passive income

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I believe they want you to invest in more then one unit. I inquired for multiple units near some popular camp grounds before the scamdemic, the Forms were filled out on line. I would recommend trying to contact in person.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe they want you to invest in more then one unit. I inquired for multiple units near some popular camp grounds before the scamdemic, the Forms were filled out on line. I would recommend trying to contact in person.

They’ll definitely do one machine at a time, I kinda fell back into this because the owners ended up in a local business leaders group I’m in. Their manufacturing facility is nearby as well

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Ice vending machines are best put in low income areas where they are needed year round. Boat ramps, beach areas, etc need to have long seasons to really be profitable. Land rent and other expenses can run the cost per bag up faster than you would think.
The company that you choose to go with will help with placement. They can be pretty profitable if you have the right location, however most people have multiple units.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The one person I know who has one hates his. Always seems to be breaking down.
Would be interesting to know which brand. The Everest machine basically has the ice maker and one other moving part is all, seems much simpler than most.

Ice vending machines are best put in low income areas where they are needed year round. Boat ramps, beach areas, etc need to have long seasons to really be profitable. Land rent and other expenses can run the cost per bag up faster than you would think.
The company that you choose to go with will help with placement. They can be pretty profitable if you have the right location, however most people have multiple units.

I’m in FL so there’s definitely a peak season but boating and such is year round. The plan is start with one to get my feet wet but ultimately have multiple machines

shurur

Established Member
Two things I would want lined up:

Repair services or access to parts and the ability to repair the units myself.

And having a backup unit that I could swap in should my primary unit die.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Not 100% sure on the laws in Indiana, but in my state a private business just putting a sign up that says 'no guns' does not make it illegal for a permit holder to carry a gun into those buildings. If they catch wind that you have a gun they can choose to trespass you and then you can't return by law. A lot of people don't understand that. They think the sign is magically a law that blocks guns from entering. Morons.

But then again, if you are concealing properly no one would ever know anyway so it would be hard to trespass you.

Two things I would want lined up:

Repair services or access to parts and the ability to repair the units myself.

And having a backup unit that I could swap in should my primary unit die.
A friend's husband is an electrician, a cousin does commercial refrigeration/ice (ie hotel ice machines), and again their whole company is about 20 minutes from my office so picking up parts wouldnt be an issue.
Just curious. How much monthly profit do you hope to make?
after cost of the water, electricity, filters, machine payment, rent to the property owner etc... even on the very low end it's still around 1k a month but most do substantially more than that. The range I see from multiple vending companies is anywhere from 20 - 70k profit in a year, with locations doing around 30% more business in year 2 when more people know where it is and start using it. I'd like to hit at least 35k/year. The machine would pay for itself in ~2 years (depending on exact model and options) and are supposed to be good for 10 years or so.

now if you had say 10 of those machines doing that...which across CFL including up into Daytona Beach etc... that seems very easily doable.
Is this for your business, or to make money selling it?
this would be a passive income for me on my own, looking at it with potential to be the main/sole income source with multiple units.

shurur

Established Member
Ok
I'd still have an ice machine fired up and running at home just to switch out when needed...plus..Ice for stuff.....

Looks like you have it all covered.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ok
I'd still have an ice machine fired up and running at home just to switch out when needed...plus..Ice for stuff.....

1) it's all under warranty for the first couple years
2) just having the actual ice producing part sitting around your house for ~10k isn't very realistic. It's not like having a little 4-6 ice maker or freezer

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I need one for my garage. Go through ice like crazy at my house

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread