Are raptors selling??????

blk02edge

Established Member
Saw two Raptors within a couple blocks of eachother in Bellevue, Washington today... One black, one red. Honestly, it may have to grow on my, personally. First impression, on the road, it just kind of looked like plasticky tonka toy - Not a huge fan! Give me some time, I'm sure my perception will change...

you mean one blue and one orange?

there are no raptors on the lot where I am, they come in for a day becuase there all pre-sold.. I predict the same thing as the gt500, they will start to swarm like civics in about a year and I will buy one as soon as my finances say so :rockon:

blksn8k

Established Member
The fact that Ford is selling any Raptors at all in this economy is a bit of a mini miracle. Comparing Raptor sales numbers to the Lightning is really an apples to oranges stretch. Not only are/were they targeted at two totally different market segments but these are tough times to sell anything much less a high dollar toy.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Does anyone have any actual sales numbers? Judging by a few dealerships is probably not a very realistic indicator. Of course Las Vegas will have good numbers. It's in the middle of a desert.

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
They are selling well in Canada I believe, since they lend themselves to our wintery climate very well.. Having an SVT vehicle that you can drive year round sold me on it.. Plus the orange matches my quad (yeah I'm a ricer)..

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
It's different here in Canada, SVT is still an exclusive Franchise in Canada. ( 27 Dealers) of which we are one.

We've received 4 thus far and all were either pre-sold or lasted a day. I have 5 sold orders that we are expecting over the next 3 months. I hope to have a few for stock in February.

I sell mine at MSRP not over

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
They are selling well in Canada I believe, since they lend themselves to our wintery climate very well.. Having an SVT vehicle that you can drive year round sold me on it.. Plus the orange matches my quad (yeah I'm a ricer)..

lol HI KEV! :beer: ^ my buddy who bought our last one

CGoeschel

Established Member
Does anyone have any actual sales numbers? Judging by a few dealerships is probably not a very realistic indicator. Of course Las Vegas will have good numbers. It's in the middle of a desert.

Over 60 percent of our buyers are from out of state.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I'm dissappointed I haven't seen one yet. I keep seeing new F150s in the distant and i speed up in hopes of it being a Raptor to no avail =(

I'd definitly rock one of those bad boys.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Saw a blue one in Pasadena a couple of weeks ago. Nice looking rig....only other thing I could say about it is that she's a big sumbitch (for an F150 ;) )

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Same ones that were first brought to the local dealerhsips, are still sitting there.

I looked at one the other day, black.....it was pretty nice. ALOT better in person.

They want $48k for it.....and with the Orange Peel that thing was rockin....it will sit there.

I could not purchase a $45k vehicle, with such bad orange peel.....I have seen about 5 of the Raptors, and every single one was orange peeled out....hideous!

Jroc

Established Member
I'd take mine in Blue without the gay sunroof, and without the graphics package. Give me the navigation system with the Sony sound system, and the towing package though.

Also I could careless about a crew and would rather not have one. Anyone in the back seat could kiss my butt. If they want to ride in my truck they'd just have to deal with being more cramped. Why do I want to give up performance and looks for a back seat that I'd never use? If I would what a longer Raptor I'd rather have one with a 6.5 FT bed. I will admit that the 09+ F150 crews do have a awesome back seat though. Even with the front seats all the way back they still have tons of room.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Lift kits way outsell speed parts when it comes to truck parts. In the truck world the really money is in 4x4s. The Raptor would likely outsell a similarly priced L 2:1.

...but how many of the Raptor buyers would have bought a loaded FX4 anyways? Remeber, many of the lift kits sold go on trucks that never go off road anyways.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
...but how many of the Raptor buyers would have bought a loaded FX4 anyways? Remeber, many of the lift kits sold go on trucks that never go off road anyways.

... or a Z71, or a TRX-4, or a TRD, etc. That's the competition the FX4 has, the Raptor is in a category of one. Anyone who wants to do the type of off-roading the Raptor is capable of can either buy it it or build their own. The same can't be said for the FX4. The issue of lift kits not being used for their intended purpose means nothing. All that is important to the company selling them (like Ford with the Raptor) is that there's a lot of people out there that want to buy them. Much more so than truck speed parts. Care to hazard a guess on the ratio of F-150 lift kits sold to 5.4L 3-valve supercharger kits is? Off-roading is simply a much bigger and more profitable segment of the truck market.

Users who are viewing this thread