autoblog tests the zl1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Nope not IMO. It has major traction problems especially with the Whipple on it. I'd rather have a 2011 or 2012 stock suspension GT500 than any Supersnake.....
now put a Griggs suspension and better rubber on that supersnake and then you'd have something.

Shelby was about to ink Griggs, and then Shelby fired all of his executives!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Ya; it's marginal but try help pretty much any car/driver that's a true manual.

Again not leaps or bounds for a pro but still helpful.

I'd guesstimate a wotbox/2 step 2011 gt500 in even smiths hands could run an 11.6@ 122 where as otherwise in the same ideal conditions id run an 11.7@121 based on it running 12.0@119 in the poor conditions they tested it last year.

Try picking one up and seeing if you get a good feel out of it on your car. M2nb sells em for less than $200. Great mod and relatively easy install/programming.
well i would totally get one and try it out, but since the synchros are going out in the junk mazda M5OD trans in my ford explorer, i don't think i would see a big difference... :lol1:

'96-'98 cobra is in the plans though, street strip car, on3performance single hair drier kit. will definitely got a WOT box(and 2 step) as i plan to keep rowing gears like a MAN, instead of that pansy ass 'automated shifting' shit:D

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
well i would totally get one and try it out, but since the synchros are going out in the junk mazda M5OD trans in my ford explorer, i don't think i would see a big difference... :lol1:

'96-'98 cobra is in the plans though, street strip car, on3performance single hair drier kit. will definitely got a WOT box(and 2 step) as i plan to keep rowing gears like a MAN, instead of that pansy ass 'automated shifting' shit:D

Haha cool man, keep me posted on the build, sounds like a fast combo, I know a guy on this site did a similar combo and made 450whp and ran 10's on slicks/skinnies drag suspension. He said the on3 worked good but he had to refab a few things if I remember right.

When your ready to go turbo after you grab the 98 cobra maybe look into used hp or precision kits are for sale, might be a bit of a price bump but could save you a lot of time/troubleshooting.

Last I heard though th on3 kit was getting constant improvements so it might be fine now, good luck man!

monsterpost

Established Member
If asking questions and not argueing pisses people off. There is something wrong in their head. Yea my previous post fine because I argued a lot. But these last few have been purely questions so for that guy to say that shit something is wrong with his head.

1. Just for the record, how old are you?
2. Did you take any english classes and or writing classes in school?
3. Are you going to school now and if so what grade are you in?
4. What is your IQ?

Your reading comprehention needs to improve as you don't appear to retain anything you read. Your attitude also needs to improve. What gets me is you don't seem to care who you piss off and I'm sick of reading your strange posts.

Now I want you to answer the above questions or I'm going to find Bruce and his BAN stick and you can have another vacation from this site. Lastly GROW UP!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Exactly. Yea you can keep your foot on but the car wont go anywhere with the clutch in engage. The WOT box as I understand and I could be wrong about my understand of the WOT box or the feature the zl1 has makes it so the car keeps going and doesn't slow down for that split second you engage the clutch so you can just keep shifting. Basically like an auto or paddle shifter car does.

What in the hell do you mean by:

"with the clutch in engage"

The clutch pedal has two positions, engaged and disengaged. To explain to you further because at this point I'm pretty sure you don't know which position is which, when your foot is depressing the pedal the clutch is disengaged and when your foot is not on the pedal it's engaged.

I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting in this thread because it's in a CONTINUOUS NEVER ENDING LOOP because of your lack of understanding of anything. I can see this thread going 100 pages only because you can't comprehend what people are telling you. Next time you post in this thread, I'm closing it! PERIOD! :nonono:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I'm not sure if he just doesn't know or he's trolling.

svtsupersnake

Banned
What in the hell do you mean by:

"with the clutch in engage"

The clutch pedal has two positions, engaged and disengaged. To explain to you further because at this point I'm pretty sure you don't know which position is which, when your foot is depressing the pedal the clutch is disengaged and when your foot is not on the pedal it's engaged.

I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting in this thread because it's in a CONTINUOUS NEVER ENDING LOOP because of your lack of understanding of anything. I can see this thread going 100 pages only because you can't comprehend what people are telling you. Next time you post in this thread, I'm closing it! PERIOD! :nonono:

Ment to put engaged. And I honest to god was just asking straight up questions without argueing with anyone since you already yelled at me for that. I just wanted to know which tires would be the best for daily driving and strip, and stuff about suspensions because I don't know. But nevermind. tt335ci03cobra was the only person bothering to answer the questions without making judgements or insults. It's kind of biased that even when I post like a normal person its still ok for people to diss me but I can't retaliate still.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Im still waiting on him to explain how a wot box works and why it is needed since obviously one can not shift in full throttle without it.:shrug:

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
This is the shit I am talking about. I am literally just asking questions because I'm curious to know stuff and idiots like this post this kind of crap when I haven't even argued with anyone. This is the shit that pisses me off.

Idiot I may be, but I'm an idiot that knows how a clutch works, so I'm one step ahead of you.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Dont blame him, its not his fault he doesnt drive a stick. He drives a new 80k dollar bmw m3 that his uncle bought him with the 7 speed dkg auto tranny.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread