autoblog tests the zl1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Even with a pro power shifter a wotbox is benificial. Not near as much as it benefits a decent driver but still will see an improvement.

Where a decent driver will see .5+ second improvement, a pro power shifter may only see .07-.1 improvement.
wow, even in cars like these that aren't straight up strip cars? i would think purpose built strip cars would see the biggest gains from a WOT box, i've obviously never used on though.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ya; it's marginal but try help pretty much any car/driver that's a true manual.

Again not leaps or bounds for a pro but still helpful.

I'd guesstimate a wotbox/2 step 2011 gt500 in even smiths hands could run an 11.6@ 122 where as otherwise in the same ideal conditions id run an 11.7@121 based on it running 12.0@119 in the poor conditions they tested it last year.

Try picking one up and seeing if you get a good feel out of it on your car. M2nb sells em for less than $200. Great mod and relatively easy install/programming.

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
Ok fine for the sake of the argument I will accept what you say so if thats what they do then why does everyone agree that the shelby does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds and quarter mile in like 12.4. STOCK. That means no new tires no nothing. And motortrend and autoblog got those same numbers? They should have been slower then if they are taking their foot off completely.

You really just need to stop posting. You look like a complete moron.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
2 pages of trying to get someone to understand "shifting" how awesome....smh

anyway, anyone have an good suggestions for replacement tires on the 2013 shelby? sizes, brand, reasons, price? i think that would be a better discussion

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

anyway, anyone have an good suggestions for replacement tires on the 2013 shelby? sizes, brand, reasons, price? i think that would be a better discussion

Nitto Invo's get great reviews, and are a great price! Put them on my 08 and love them!

svtsupersnake

Banned
You really just need to stop posting. You look like a complete moron.

This is the shit I am talking about. I am literally just asking questions because I'm curious to know stuff and idiots like this post this kind of crap when I haven't even argued with anyone. This is the shit that pisses me off.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
how are they in the wet? for daily driving purposes? would you stick with the same size 285?

I'd go up to a 295 or 305

Check out the reviews on discount tire direct, they seem to be good all around.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
This is the shit I am talking about. I am literally just asking questions because I'm curious to know stuff and idiots like this post this kind of crap when I haven't even argued with anyone. This is the shit that pisses me off.

Well everything you say pisses everyone else off. It's pretty obvious.

svtsupersnake

Banned

Well some of the people above apprently don't even understand how a WOT box properly works. And I was asking before about tires till someone sidetracked this convo. I was asking about the mischelins on the zr1 for how much they are and if they would be a much better tire to put on the shelby. But no one answered my question. They just like to argue nonesense.

svtsupersnake

Banned
Well everything you say pisses everyone else off. It's pretty obvious.

If asking questions and not argueing pisses people off. There is something wrong in their head. Yea my previous post fine because I argued a lot. But these last few have been purely questions so for that guy to say that shit something is wrong with his head.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Well some of the people above apprently don't even understand how a WOT box properly works. And I was asking before about tires till someone sidetracked this convo. I was asking about the mischelins on the zr1 for how much they are and if they would be a much better tire to put on the shelby. But no one answered my question. They just like to argue nonesense.

If you knew how to read you'd see where I did talk about ps2s and recommended them. You were too busy pretending to ask questions so you could get off the mods radar.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
If asking questions and not argueing pisses people off. There is something wrong in their head. Yea my previous post fine because I argued a lot. But these last few have been purely questions so for that guy to say that shit something is wrong with his head.

Check yo self before you wreck yo self

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I'd go up to a 295 or 305

Check out the reviews on discount tire direct, they seem to be good all around.

will do thanx...also im guessing if you want to keep the stock rims you can actually extend the tire size a bit and still fit, say 295 or maybe 305 on the stock rim which is holding a 285? im assuming the stock rim on the 2013 is probably 9 or 8.5 up front and 9.5 or 10 out back (width)?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had no beef; I don't see why people need to get all up in arms against a guy asking questions. I took more time to answer questions than anybody else. It's not like you guys knew all that you know now back when you first got into the car scene.

Hell, a quick question among car guys is a lot easier/faster than searching google and most likely finding misleading/wrong answers.

My $.02, life's too short to be a long legged pissed of P*****rican (intended as a joke from a movie, I have no beef with these people).

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

A question that I answered back on page 3 of this thread! I posted the times of the vettes 3 times and yet you keep calling them a 11.8 car. :fart:

But the main problem is that you keep coming up with absurd statements with no proof/evidence. And then you get upset when others dont agree with you or prove you wrong. Basically your the kid that walks into the wall 10 times before you realize that you need to walk around!:bored:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Tires for track 2 keep coming up in convos....pzero corsa and the r888. Of course these two are pretty much track tires with no wear. I dont like the mps 2 based on their country of origin.

91svtbird

Established Member
How come then in the comparisons with the camaro hme or hpme (what ever the upgraded version is called) it beat the supersnake with a lot less power. Isn't the supersnake's suspension better than a regular gt500? And its got the whipple on it.

Nope not IMO. It has major traction problems especially with the Whipple on it. I'd rather have a 2011 or 2012 stock suspension GT500 than any Supersnake.....
now put a Griggs suspension and better rubber on that supersnake and then you'd have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread