Automakers again SCREWING the public? (Factory Warranty Related)

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
First off, gonna page @13COBRA, since he is a subject matter expert.

I had a discussion with a Chevy/GMC rep today while hanging out. (I know, I know)
According to them when the dealer sells a new car, the buyer, must acknowledge that if they private sale the car, that they are selling the car knowing that the factory warranty wil not transfer after the buyer, (2nd owner), in a private sale, takes delivery and buys the car.

**This policy was established 2 days ago by Chevy/GMC hiarchy**

It was explained to me that this is the manufacturers way of curtailing someone buying a $85k Cadillac CTS-V and than than turning right around and selling it for private sale and profit at say, $95k.

In essence what it does, is keeps the consumer hog tied to the dealership and explore trade in options with the dealer because they wont be able to sell private party because the factory warranty is now void under private sale actions.

Is this true or just some sham shit being run down here in Georgia? WTF?

Last edited:

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a CTSV used from Chicago and the warranty transferred to me and I am in Georgia. Now that was a couple of years ago but still..

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Haven't heard anything about this. If it is true it will be a game changer for many.

SUX!!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First off, gonna page @13COBRA, since he is a subject matter expert.

I had a discussion with a Chevy/GMC rep today while hanging out. (I know, I know)
According to them when the dealer sells a new car, the buyer, must acknowledge that if they private sale the car, that they are selling the car knowing that the factory warranty wil not transfer after the buyer, (2nd owner), in a private sale, takes delivery and buys the car.

**This policy was established 2 days ago by Chevy/GMC hiarchy**

It was explained to me that this is the manufacturers way of curtailing someone buying a $85k Cadillac CTS-V and than than turning right around and selling it for private sale and profit at say, $95k.

In essence what it does, is keeps the consumer hog tied to the dealership and explore trade in options with the dealer because they wont be able to sell private party because the factory warranty is now void under private sale actions.

Is this true or just some sham shit being run down here in Georgia? WTF?

Only applies to very limited vehicles.

Only applies if sold within the first year.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. Private seller flipping a vehicle for a profit is bad but when a dealership ads on an ADM to a vehicle all is well, government motors?

No.

Chevrolet, Ford, Stellantis, etc are cracking down on that as well.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Most of us have seen or heard what Farley has said but I'll believe it when I see it. When you find a dealership who takes care of you, stick with 'em.

jaxbusa

Established Member
Do that many people private sale cars so new they’re still under warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread