Average income for 03 CObra owners

What HOUSEHOLD income bracket to 03 Cobra owners fall under?

• Confidential, None ones business....

Votes: 62 4.1%
  • $0 to <$20,000 (Student, unemployed, no need to work)

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • >$20,000 to <$50,000

Votes: 301 20.1%
  • >$50,000 to <$80,000

Votes: 399 26.6%
  • >$80,000 to <$110,000

Votes: 268 17.9%
  • >$110,000 to <$170,000

Votes: 226 15.1%
  • >$170,000

Votes: 130 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by jason1320
I'm 26 and single (with live in g/f). $70K + bennies. Problem is I own a home in the DC metro area, so cost of living makes my pay equal to about $50K in the rest of the country. Lucky for me I get $700 a month from the g/f for rent and just under $1000 from the VA for college. My company is chipping in a little for college as well (%100). :rockon:

Honestly I don't know how some guys do it. Between car payment and insurance I'm out $1000 a month. That's before $150 - $200 in gas, because this is my daily driver. :nonono:

I feel your pain brother!!! For me, it all came together when I got married. The wifes income kicked in and brought the household income into the $150K range. Moral of the story? Make sure the wife makes as much or more than you.

Big Man

Fill r Up!
Established Member
Im 23 and make between $24,000 to $27,000 a year, depending on how many hours I work a week at the plant. Oh, and I still live with my parents.

I know I don't have a Cobra(I really do want one) but I thought I would share.

jasonc32amg

Established Member
about $140k...but 5/6 yeasrs ago I was eating tuna fish in grad school so I could afford a used bd-11 for my 5.0 coupe when I was pulling in about $20k :)

Black03WPB

Established Member
My hours were cut back to 30 hours a week.. so Im struggling now.

Everything thinks I am rich because Im related to the largest home builder in south florida ( divosta ) and he is my grandfather. He owns about 40% of Polte HOmes, the largest home builder in the united states...but in reality, I never see them, nor do I see their money.

ah well.. its all worth it when I punch it.. even tho I sometimes go to bed nervous how Im going to pay off the credit card statement because I needed new tires..

Last edited:

xxxzach

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
I've heard of people buying groups of brand new homes in Bakersfield and sitting on them for a year or two then selling them for 20%-50% more. Builders are discouraging it but can't really do anything about it especially since they are making money too.

its true and the people that are buying the houses don't live in bakersfield. they're all people that live in the major cities in CA and out of state. You wait a year, hell even 6 months and you can get anywhere from, like you said, 20-50% return. Its sad when a development of homes opens up and there's 1 lot left to be bought. :cuss:

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
I've heard of people buying groups of brand new homes in Bakersfield and sitting on them for a year or two then selling them for 20%-50% more. Builders are discouraging it but can't really do anything about it especially since they are making money too.
Tell me about it. I just bought a new home. It went up $50k from the time of me thinking about getting it to actually going through to buy it. Now, it went up $25k just in the time to go through escrow. :eek:

Last edited:

VOD

Established Member
The Bay area in California is the worst. My cousin paid 1100 a month for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. We bought our house for $168,000 in 1995, and now we could easily get $450,000. My neighbor sold his house for over $500K. Crazy inflation:(

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
Well they do say after all money isn't everything but I'd like to see ya live without it. Who sang that??? Hepl me out was an 80's rock band. :)
not sure if anyone answered yet but it was Silverchair, hardly an 80s band

term

Established Member
I am in the >$20,000 to <$50,000 bracket now with my Viper, and I was there when I had the cobra too.

jpbedard

Established Member
Originally posted by notch3o2
im 18 years old and a student in college my only expenses aree my car payment insurance and gas and weekly spending....i make about 450 a week only workin weekends and im doin aiite as far as affording this thing goes

What do you do?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
50k+ 2nd Pressman at a commercial printshop here in CT..we are owned by the 2nd largest Printing company in the world....OverTime is Car money...lol...GF doesn't know that tho...hehehehe

Jay

smashedheadcat

Established Member
$23660 is what I made last year. Gotta love that usmc salary. Medical, dental and insurrance is taken care of, but I pay out of my pocket to live off base. Thankfully, I'm living with a friend, and it cuts that bill in half. Gotta love the ramen noodles!!!

50stang

Established Member
16 yr old budget bites, o well, just enough to pay for the 5.0

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Im in the military, that should tell you enough. Bring home about 36k/year after taxes. More now that im married.

2004 Culebra

Established Member
I am a E-5 In the USAF. I work anywhere from 50 hours a week to 90 (even worked around 126 before)hours a week depending where we are or what we are doing. It is not an office job we are in the rain, snow, heat, or storms. I supervise around 5 Airman directly and hold resposibility for all other Airman around me. At any current time. With only my base pay I make 22,800 dollars a year. With my COLA (cost of living pay) and my BAS (money for food) I make a whopping 30,500 dollars. I bet you are all jealous right? Oh yeah and that is still before taxes!!!

But the comaraderie, people I have met and places I have been has made it worth it these past five years.

But Come this Sept 15th 2004 I am still going to become Mr Macias. No re-enlisting for SSgt MAcias...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread