Bad build experience

2012csgt

Established Member
Guys, there is a lot that has been left out so we will explain.

The customers order was originally layaway, with a deposit given back in 2012 it was on layaway for roughly 6 months - again- not paid in full.

When the customer finally decided to pay for the order the item was no longer available on our website, it was replaced with the MMR BOSS longblock which had many upgrades over the original engine (ARP head studs, BOSS heads etc), we upgraded him to that engine with the main difference being that it does not include covers. We explained this to him and as a courtesy sent him the covers last week after he stated he was unhappy that the engine did not include the covers as he was originally told.

We feel like we handled this as best as we know how, and are surprised that the customer has made this post. We do however apologize if he is still unhappy and this is why we shipped out the covers in the first place.

MMR Management

WOW.... with this being said. MMR=FTW. Definitley some stand up guys.

2012csgt

Established Member
The bottom line is we want to make sure you are happy, you have a engine built by the best in the business. If you want to return it we can swap it out for a Ford Racing crate engine or we can issue a FULL refund.

We assume you are still unhappy because you are still needing/missing parts that you sold on your old engine, if that is the case, let us know what you need and maybe we can help you out with that also. Either way we are here to help, you could have also called us before making this post! We helped you last time when you called and this time would have been no different.

MMR

THIS..Excellent customer service.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah its one thing to be unhappy, another thing to make it public, but there's always 2 sides of the story, my score MMR-2 op 0..

Thank you and good day!

Coonsnake

Established Member
I see a lot of bashing going on in this forum, luckily MMR gets on here and was able to defend themselves before the story got turned into a brothers cousins who installed blow joe's engine and it blew up. With out both sides of the story coming out.

MMR good job and that was a classy move on your part!:)

stang910

Established Member
I'm happy the OP made this post. I've heard so many bad things about MMR that it out weights the good. It's nice to see how the vendor handles these situations so you can see it first hand. Offering a full refund is absolutely fair and I can see MMR is willing to help out anyway possible. This makes me more comfortable if I were to order from them in the future.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Glad to see this looks to be heading toward a positive outcome. I've bought from MMR a few times, there was a minor snafu about what was or wasn't in stock and they made it right, they answer the phone and seem to care about making the customer happy and that goes a long way. I'll buy from them again..

Nuar

Established Member
Big thumbs up to you guys at MMR.
Thats great customer service!

Op, you should be 100% happy now :)

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
What parts do you need OP?

And as far as mmr customer service goes. I have nothing but respect for these guys. They are very knowledgable about these motors and they will go out if the way to discuss any issue that you might have with your motor. I give these guys 5 stars all the way.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Flaco you dont have to go public to get resolution, as you can see mmr is more then willing to resolve the issue! Glad your happy now!

Deespeed99

Established Member
Flaco you dont have to go public to get resolution, as you can see mmr is more then willing to resolve the issue! Glad your happy now!

I dont agree with this. Sometimes you have to go public to get things resolved. Not necessarily this particular instance but when your back is against the wall its the only way to go some times.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Good customer service. No back and forth and offers a quick full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread