Banged up my Boss

coposrv

Established Member
Kudos to you for running that car the way it was intended. Sorry it happened, but glad you are OK!! Best of luck getting her back up and going again soon!

This.

Glad you're ok. Big hats off to you for running the car hard, or so it looks. Fix her up and get back on the track!

racebronco2

Established Member
damn! :eek:

this is what scares me about taking mine to the track! did you have track day insurance....?

i have those same tires on my svt contour. theyre sticky as hell. make my NT05s seem like plastic lol.

It really depends on how much you are willing push your car. I have been to at least 200 track days since i bought my car. I have been off track numerous times but never hit anything, always went straight off when i did go off track. Many of my friends do not push their car's as much as i push my car. I have instructed for almost 10 years.

In my experience most of the spins that happen on track is because they are getting on the gas too much before they exit the turn. When getting on the gas while still turning the traction is divided between turning and forward acceleration in which it will not do either very well. I tell my students while turning you will use less throttle as the wheel is straightened out you can apply more gas.

I am at 550rwhp and very seldom does the rear of my car even loose traction and only fishtails when i am trying to drift on purpose and always under control.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
In my experience most of the spins that happen on track is because they are getting on the gas too much before they exit the turn.

^^^This, I figured a simple fish tail should of been an easy correct though, maybe op just freaked out or maybe just not use to back end getting loose :shrug:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Wow that blows. Glad you are alright. Looks like a New boss to replace the one now.

Fat Boss

Established Member
^^^This, I figured a simple fish tail should of been an easy correct though, maybe op just freaked out or maybe just not use to back end getting loose :shrug:

It was everything but a simple fish tail. This corner exit is a the top of 3rd and I had been hitting it fine all day. This time was different and it got whipping side to side in a full drift rotation each way, with the mandatory fist fight with the steering wheel to try and reel it in. My sense of self preservation eventually kicked in and I got off the throttle. It narrows down right there where a bridge goes over, so it's probably the tightest area with the least run out. I think I had a shot of saving it eventually, and also a shot at getting us killed. I'm ok with the decision to get off the throttle and suck up the consequences. :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Yes. I bought a policy the week before.

for those of us that are interested in this, which company did you go with? how much was it and basically whats involved? i think id be willing to pay the extra to cover my ass. id die if i did that to my car and it wasnt covered.

It really depends on how much you are willing push your car. I have been to at least 200 track days since i bought my car. I have been off track numerous times but never hit anything, always went straight off when i did go off track. Many of my friends do not push their car's as much as i push my car. I have instructed for almost 10 years.

In my experience most of the spins that happen on track is because they are getting on the gas too much before they exit the turn. When getting on the gas while still turning the traction is divided between turning and forward acceleration in which it will not do either very well. I tell my students while turning you will use less throttle as the wheel is straightened out you can apply more gas.

I am at 550rwhp and very seldom does the rear of my car even loose traction and only fishtails when i am trying to drift on purpose and always under control.

string theory. :beer:

once i get my big box of mods i have in the garage ON the car id like to take it to the big track when you're out there :beer:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Yes. I bought a policy the week before.

:lol: Damn.

I can imagine that call. "Oh, good afternoon Sir, if you're calling about your insurance cards, those were mailed out 2 days ago, you should have them any day now."

"Um no...I kinda totaled the car already."

:eek:

Fat Boss

Established Member
for those of us that are interested in this, which company did you go with? how much was it and basically whats involved? i think id be willing to pay the extra to cover my ass. id die if i did that to my car and it wasnt covered.

Here's where you can buy track insurance. If an event is not listed, send a link to them and they'll usually add it. Click on an event and put in some numbers and you can see what the deal is.

Lockton Motorsports » HPDE Insurance

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
thought thread title said "Banged my Boss"

Hope you're okay. Sucks what happend man

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Doooood that sucks, so sorry to see. Glad you're ok though and I'm sure it was a blast racing it up until that.

So just another quick question. That tire wall you hit looks like a bunch of super wide, almost new race tires. When I was at the Baltimore Grand Prix last year, the tire walls were also made of huge wide new tires. Why the hell do they waste new tires like that? Or are they used and used up, but they just sorta look new?

thought thread title said "Banged my Boss"

Haha, that's what I thought too.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I came out of the corner that leads to the start/finish straight when it fishtailed several times before I, out of fear for our lives, backed out of the throttle. The ass came around and the only trick left in the bag at that point was brakes so I hit them. The turn is right about where the street sweeper is in this pic I took. You can see where I went off into the tire wall.

My passenger and I were fine. It's nice to hit tire wall backwards. They suck up a lot of energy.

ShelbyBash2013019_zps1893e455.jpg

ShelbyBash2013009_zpsddb403b9.jpg

Well it comes with the territory, glad you we're alright.

Users who are viewing this thread