Banged up my Boss

Blaine

Established Member
He said he has track insurance.

Good that you OP for get track insurance, but sucks about your nice Boss. When I wrecked my Terminator at the track my insurance company basically gave me a big fat FU and quickly dropped me.

Least you had the track insurance.

But... I'm sure the newest Miracle Wax can buff that right out!!!:pop:

Kudos for using the Boss how its suppose to be used. No garage queen here. Sad thats were 99% of the Cobra R's are.. rotting in a garage somewhere.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member

I didn't have track insurance. Esurance(the insurance company I had and that is not a mis-spelling) didn't cover shit. I still have my wrecked Terminator, but I didn't have to buy it back from my insurance seeing as they didn't cover it they never owned it so it was always mine.

flS/R

Established Member
even banged up, that car still looks better than my car right now :) Good to hear that you are okay

Fat Boss

Established Member
Doooood that sucks, so sorry to see. Glad you're ok though and I'm sure it was a blast racing it up until that.

So just another quick question. That tire wall you hit looks like a bunch of super wide, almost new race tires. When I was at the Baltimore Grand Prix last year, the tire walls were also made of huge wide new tires. Why the hell do they waste new tires like that? Or are they used and used up, but they just sorta look new?

Haha, that's what I thought too.

They are probably used tires, I didn't pay much attention other than helping drag the wall back into place after they dragged the car off the pile. They can't be new tires.

How much does track insurance cost?

For a two day event you're looking at less than $300 for the policy, but you're looking at 10% of your value for a deductible. I think the single day policies are the same up front but a 5% deductible.

Glad you're fine! What wheels were on the car?

Thanks! I just put the SVE Drift 18x10's with 285 Hankook R-S3's all around.

Kudos for using the Boss how its suppose to be used. No garage queen here. Sad thats were 99% of the Cobra R's are.. rotting in a garage somewhere.

Thanks! Yeah life's too short to not drive them. I can understand the '00 R's since they made so few, but Bosses are just sooo good on the track, especially with a couple of bolt ons.

I'm going to try and buy it back and make it look and perform as well or better than before. It'll always have some beauty marks under the carpet in the trunk, but if I can put the car back together on a budget I'll be ok with it.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Fat Boss: I'll be interested to see how well the insurance company works with you on your claim. It is one thing to have insurance, an entirely other situation when they need to payout.

Best of luck brother!!

Jesse

Coiled03

Established Member
At least the Boss died a proper death, and more importantly, you're OK.

Time to move on to the next ride.

Z06KILLR

Established Member
Wow sorry to see. Where does one get track insurance and how much is it? What type of racing does it cover.

Nevermind asked before I saw the answer

Last edited:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
It's relatively easy to regain control in that type of fishtail situation if you use the right combination of gas and brake, but it's easier said than done if you don't have a ton of experience in "oh shit" situations.

makevelie187

Established Member
damn that sucks, but your ok, and the car can be fixed. I did the exact same thing to my z06 at laguna seca, but wasn't nearly as bad as your pics, so your not the only one it happens to many people. What i have learned from my mistake has made me such a better driver on the track till this day.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Thanks! Yeah life's too short to not drive them. I can understand the '00 R's since they made so few, but Bosses are just sooo good on the track, especially with a couple of bolt ons.

Agreed, the Boss is incredibale on the track, makes my R seem tame LOL.

Oh, and my R has 40,000 miles on it, two track events per year, I drive it everywhere, and it has never been trailered to any event, always driven to and from... :rockon:

As others have said, at least you're ok and had the track event coverage.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Yep that was me being towed by the Raptor. If you're going to get towed, you might as well do it in style.

Nice going on the R! Glad to see you're out driving that beast.

Fat Boss

Established Member
It turns out my regular insurance covered me. I'm actually shocked. They even said at the end they probably shouldn't be covering it. Paid my $500 deductible and am getting a good used identical '12 Boss a week from Sat. I'm not going to mention the company since they explicitly say no race tracks in their policies.

I will buy Lockton insurance again though. They kept following up and pushing me to get it to a body shop. They had an estimator come out and say $18k worth of damage, but they missed the bent exhaust tubes and mufflers. No hesitation in using them at all.

Here's a good shot of us Bosses and the tire wall / wall I eventually hit. :eek:

Shelby Bash 2013 Boss's doing battle at Spring Mountain - YouTube

Unrealford

Established Member
It turns out my regular insurance covered me. I'm actually shocked. They even said at the end they probably shouldn't be covering it. Paid my $500 deductible and am getting a good used identical '12 Boss a week from Sat. I'm not going to mention the company since they explicitly say no race tracks in their policies.

I will buy Lockton insurance again though. They kept following up and pushing me to get it to a body shop. They had an estimator come out and say $18k worth of damage, but they missed the bent exhaust tubes and mufflers. No hesitation in using them at all.

Here's a good shot of

Glad to see it worked out for you.

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
I was hoping this thread was about your beating up your boss from work, glad you are ok!

Users who are viewing this thread