BBP: 2014 GT500 vs TT 5.0

Elwood617

Established Member
to be fair to the shelby, i just saw 2 races from a dig where the shelby raped the 5.0, but they didn't get posted.... Not sure why?

I think in the 1/4 mile these would be some great races judging by how hard the shelby pulled off the line then how the tt pulled up top.

This video only shows the 5.0s strongest part.

Keep in mind i have a 5.0 so i like to see them win, i just like to see both sides of the story.

+1

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I never said a TT 5.0 wouldn't be one dimensional.....read the post again . I said I am smart enough to save money doing that rather then buying a 13/14 GT500
I think everyone knows the money you can save by going the cheaper route.

To be fair to the Shelby, I just saw 2 races from a dig where the Shelby raped the 5.0, but they didn't get posted.... Not sure why?

I think in the 1/4 mile these would be some great races judging by how hard the Shelby pulled off the line then how the TT pulled up top.

This video only shows the 5.0s strongest part.

Keep in mind I have a 5.0 so I like to see them win, I just like to see both sides of the story.
They probably posted the 5.0 winning to stir the pot, I think its hilarious.

I am not partial to any car. I have a 5.0 too, but what made me buy this in DIB was the way the GT500 looked. Who ever wins I'm cool with the outcome, I do prefer to see them routinely beat camaros/challengers/m3/335/sti/evo though. :rockon:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I never said a TT 5.0 wouldn't be one dimensional.....read the post again . I said I am smart enough to save money doing that rather then buying a 13/14 GT500

if saving money is the name of the game i think that a fox body with a coyote and a 150 shot will pretty much destroy both cars for at THOUSANDS less.

Kewlv8

Established Member

Or dumb enough to over-boost a non-forged engine and get added to the growing list of grenaded 5.0 motors. You end up spending thousands more on a modified base model than if you just bought the boosted model. Real smart :dw:

nonliberal

Established Member
Or dumb enough to over-boost a non-forged engine and get added to the growing list of grenaded 5.0 motors. You end up spending thousands more on a modified base model than if you just bought the boosted model. Real smart :dw:

I don't think I would call 6 psi over boosting.

kaz109

Established Member

I don't think I would call 6 psi over boosting.

What he said...if you think 6psi is over boosting you have a lot to learn

kaz109

Established Member
if saving money is the name of the game i think that a fox body with a coyote and a 150 shot will pretty much destroy both cars for at THOUSANDS less.

True and I love fox bodies as well but the topic at hand is straight line speed, and the two cars in the discussion were 5.0 and GT500 , was it not?

jleews6

Established Member
Coyotes are so impressive. E85 definitely helps him though

50 less cubes and half the boost and still walks the Shelby with ease. They are very impressive. Think of it this way,The shelby at 350 CI @ 1 atmosphere is 700 inches and the Coyote at a half an atmosphere is 450 ci.
The Coyote kinda makes the 5.8 Shelby look bad.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
What he said...if you think 6psi is over boosting you have a lot to learn
You need to learn something... boost does not mean anything.. worry about peak hp and torque. its what kills motors and its what matters in racers. boost is simply ricer mathematics.

True and I love fox bodies as well but the topic at hand is straight line speed, and the two cars in the discussion were 5.0 and GT500 , was it not?

yes i know we were not talking about fox bodys but i fail to understand why people always bring up the pay less for this car and mod it and make it faster. hell my car is faster than a c6z but that does not mean anything.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
50 less cubes and half the boost and still walks the Shelby with ease. They are very impressive. Think of it this way,The shelby at 350 CI @ 1 atmosphere is 700 inches and the Coyote at a half an atmosphere is 450 ci.
The Coyote kinda makes the 5.8 Shelby look bad.

compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration compression ration

kaz109

Established Member
You need to learn something... boost does not mean anything.. worry about peak hp and torque. its what kills motors and its what matters in racers. boost is simply ricer mathematics.

yes i know we were not talking about fox bodys but i fail to understand why people always bring up the pay less for this car and mod it and make it faster. hell my car is faster than a c6z but that does not mean anything.

I know more about turbos and boost than most . Also it is not always peak HP and tq that kills motors but rather the tune and what kind of timing the car is running. It is far more than just peak HP and tq....if anying that comment you made is ricer mathematics

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I know more about turbos and boost than most . Also it is not always peak HP and tq that kills motors but rather the tune and what kind of timing the car is running. It is far more than just peak HP and tq....if anying that comment you made is ricer mathematics

im not sure that you know much if anything about turbos.. i know that tuning can kill a motor as well but the car is running e85. you have to be a real shitty tuner to detonate e85.

kaz109

Established Member
im not sure that you know much if anything about turbos.. i know that tuning can kill a motor as well but the car is running e85. you have to be a real shitty tuner to detonate e85.

I know enough to make well over 600whp in my car for over 4 yrs now. My point was you making a blank statement of peak HP and tq are the faults of blowing a motor are completely false. Yes at some point stock internals will give out but many more factors play into it before you get to peak HP and two numbers. On a shitty tune you can blow a motor at 6psi yes but that doesn't mean the motor blew due to over boosting

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
That's it, I'm trading my car in on a 5.0. With my cash back I'll be able to build a TT Lamborghini crusher.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I know enough to make well over 600whp in my car for over 4 yrs now. My point was you making a blank statement of peak HP and tq are the faults of blowing a motor are completely false. Yes at some point stock internals will give out but many more factors play into it before you get to peak HP and two numbers. On a shitty tune you can blow a motor at 6psi yes but that doesn't mean the motor blew due to over boosting

hell on a shitty tune you can blow a motor without any boost. look at how many n/a coyotes have been blown up. again the 5 liter in the video is impressive but to down play a stock gt500 is just silly. thats the point i am trying to make. the gt500 is a stronger platform from factory. better transmission, stronger internals, stronger rear end, more cubes and it already has a freaking blower. the coyote is great and i love them as i have one my self and its boosted. i just respect the gt500 5.8 liter as it has a lot of potential.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
:lol1: I guess some people don't even know the basics of how an engine operates and makes power. Apparently compression ratio and heads mean nothing.
600whp this/that, a 13-14 GT500, even the 07-11's don't have a DAMN to give at that level.

Users who are viewing this thread