BBP: 2014 GT500 vs TT 5.0

WSsick

Established Member
Thanks guys. He is throwing some mods at the 500 this weekend, I believe he said intake pulley and a tune. Hope to get a rematch after that.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thanks guys. He is throwing some mods at the 500 this weekend, I believe he said intake pulley and a tune. Hope to get a rematch after that.

those mods are definitely gonna require some tire, tell him to put some 555R in 305 size, they fit the stock wheel.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I'm impressed .. Couple times it walked away hard . Remember boost for boost a 5.0 makes more than a gt500 .. Just new technology and great heads ... I've had both .. These 5.0s are animals after 5000.. Good race . I think both on a sticky tire would be a good race

Has nothing to do with the technology. It simply put, the Coyote has higher compression. That is all.

Poppacapp

Established Member
those mods are definitely gonna require some tire, tell him to put some 555R in 305 size, they fit the stock wheel.

My 305/35-20 555r's were useless at my 690rwhp level in 2nd gear. Especially in this colder weather. It would light them up @70mph in 3rd gear just from a punch. (3.73 gear).

speedieGT500

Established Member
Has nothing to do with the technology. It simply put, the Coyote has higher compression. That is all.
This lol
My 305/35-20 555r's were useless at my 690rwhp level in 2nd gear. Especially in this colder weather. It would light them up @70mph in 3rd gear just from a punch. (3.73 gear).

And this I agree with and I was at lower power than 690

kaz109

Established Member
Lol...5.0@6psi beats the GT500 at the only thing its good at lol.....I love 5.0's and would take it or a boss anyday over GT500.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Lol...5.0@6psi beats the GT500 at the only thing its good at lol.....I love 5.0's and would take it or a boss anyday over GT500.
How about a GT500 or a c6z? You must pick ONE.

I also like how the compression argument is being thrown around. What about a .8 liter advantage? I guess in a perfect world this race should have:
5.0TT @ same compression as the GT500, and same weight :lol:
GT500 @ 6 psi on the supercharger
:kaboom:

kaz109

Established Member
How about a GT500 or a c6z? You must pick ONE.

I also like how the compression argument is being thrown around. What about a .8 liter advantage? I guess in a perfect world this race should have:
5.0TT @ same compression as the GT500, and same weight :lol:
GT500 @ 6 psi on the supercharger
:kaboom:

Easy choice....would never own a vette. Ford>Chevy IMO

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
6psi on an 11:1 motor is a lot different than 6psi on an 8.5-9:1 motor. Boost is a measure of restriction on a given engine, nothing more.

That would be like arguing about how the coyote can only handle 8 psi but the Trinity can handle 17. Means nothing and is based on several factors.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Sharp enough to spend money on a 5.0 and TT kit and save over buying a one dimensional 13/14 GT500 :beer:

because a tt gt is not one dimensional? what else could it do other than going fast in a straight line while praying that the motor does not fry?

kaz109

Established Member
because a tt gt is not one dimensional? what else could it do other than going fast in a straight line while praying that the motor does not fry?

I never said a TT 5.0 wouldn't be one dimensional.....read the post again . I said I am smart enough to save money doing that rather then buying a 13/14 GT500

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Ok moving forward with the video and follow up. What's the mods the Shelby's doing to try to play ketchup?

Looking forward to more videos of these to care battling. :)

nonliberal

Established Member
To be fair to the Shelby, I just saw 2 races from a dig where the Shelby raped the 5.0, but they didn't get posted.... Not sure why?

I think in the 1/4 mile these would be some great races judging by how hard the Shelby pulled off the line then how the TT pulled up top.

This video only shows the 5.0s strongest part.

Keep in mind I have a 5.0 so I like to see them win, I just like to see both sides of the story.

Joey8

Established Member
Really makes me reconsider going the blower route ( VMP TVS or Kenne Bell 2.8) and possibly go the TT route with either hellion or the lund kit when it hits the market.

Users who are viewing this thread