Benefits of tubular k member?

grnenvy

Established Member
There's a nice weight reduction with the K-member and A arms but for me I would never do again on a street car. The noise drove me Bonkers and the car never rides the same.
U will get guys on here saying there's no diff but they must be in denial or Deaf.
But if your ok with it do it up. BMR sells a quality kit.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Thanks guys, so can I run the BMR radiator support along with k member with a jpc single?

Yes the BMR stuff works perfect with our turbo kit

There's a nice weight reduction with the K-member and A arms but for me I would never do again on a street car. The noise drove me Bonkers and the car never rides the same.
U will get guys on here saying there's no diff but they must be in denial or Deaf.

Did you have a K member installed on a S197 or an older model with coil overs?

I will agree that a K member is noisy and annoying at times on the Fox chassis or Sn95.

How ever if you are just replacing the k member and running stock control arms (s197) i dont think the BMR or the UPR are much more loud then stock honestly. Especially if you were running poly engine mounts on a stock k member to begin with.

Im not trying to argue or discredit your post i just am putting in my 2 cents :beer:

BMR Tech

I do not believe this is "good" info ^.

Your situation was with an older car, and the noise was likely due to the coilovers / camber plates.

I just installed a full front suspension on my 2004, except I used the factory arms with Energy Bushings. Tubular K, Solid Motor Mounts, Strange Struts, Factory Upper Mount plates, etc etc....zero noise, sir. :beer: Can I feel the vibration through the wheel, hell yes.

The S197 Suspension is completely different. You can install just a K-Member, and have zero noise. You can install the K/Arms, and have no noise.

That said...we do provide poly engine mounts with our K-Member, and you will definitely notice that they are there.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Kelly, is there a motor mount you would recommend that isn't as harsh as your poly's or would yours be fine on a DD?

We only offer the Poly version. JPC offers solid (billet aluminum) mounts, that are very popular.

As far as DD, most people who put them on their cars (BMR K) - daily drive them.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
We only offer the Poly version. JPC offers solid (billet aluminum) mounts, that are very popular.

As far as DD, most people who put them on their cars (BMR K) - daily drive them.

I daily drive my bmr kmember and it adds a little nvh but nothing crazy.

BMR Tech

Blazer, the BMR K with their Poly bushings?

Kelly, I would think that aluminum mounts would produce a sh*t ton of NVH.

Yes, he has the BMR with Poly (Blazer)

As for the aluminum mounts, you are right about the VH....but not really the N.

I am a big fan of solid engine mounts. A little harmonic vibration through the wheel and chassis, IMO, isn't bad. Beats the heck out of noise.

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Man I can't wait to get back, I am picking up my MMR pro mod built block and plan on buying a jpc turbo, jpc fuel system, and BMR k-member :)

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Yes your right my bad as long as u only do the K member you should be ok the arms and coil overs make most of the noise. As for vibration that remains to be seen. Ford spends a lot of time keeping these cars from being rattle traps and vibration free. That's why u see rubber everywhere.

Kelly u want to give me a K member? I'll give u a real world noise/vibration test.
I can pick it up today.
I'm not knocking anyone's product I have BMR parts on my car but I choose wisely. Sometimes something that works great at the 60ft
doesn't work very good on the ears on the street.
Yes the BMR stuff works perfect with our turbo kit

Did you have a K member installed on a S197 or an older model with coil overs?

I will agree that a K member is noisy and annoying at times on the Fox chassis or Sn95.

How ever if you are just replacing the k member and running stock control arms (s197) i dont think the BMR or the UPR are much more loud then stock honestly. Especially if you were running poly engine mounts on a stock k member to begin with.

Im not trying to argue or discredit your post i just am putting in my 2 cents :beer:

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Kelly we have been friends for years and u know me. If I felt a vibration in my steering wheel after spending $$ I would drive it into one of the lakes near our homes. :)
I'm still going to drag your ass!!

I do not believe this is "good" info ^.

Your situation was with an older car, and the noise was likely due to the coilovers / camber plates.

I just installed a full front suspension on my 2004, except I used the factory arms with Energy Bushings. Tubular K, Solid Motor Mounts, Strange Struts, Factory Upper Mount plates, etc etc....zero noise, sir. :beer: Can I feel the vibration through the wheel, hell yes.

The S197 Suspension is completely different. You can install just a K-Member, and have zero noise. You can install the K/Arms, and have no noise.

That said...we do provide poly engine mounts with our K-Member, and you will definitely notice that they are there.

BMR Tech

Agree 100%! (about rubber / and vibrators)

Again, noise is non-existent. Vibration, well, our system has Poly Engine Mounts - so it will definitely have more "feel" / vibration to it. I would never, ever tell someone differently.

As for dragging my ass, my car is going to Racing Integration for a quick update tomorrow....then to Justin in a week or two for the tune. I am your huckleberry ;) I hope with all that new-found power you have, you plan on a transmission upgrade, converter (lessen the massive TQ spike you will have) and some small wheels / huge tires. lol

BMR Tech

And yes..............

grnenvy is the only person I have ever known, that put's a set of poly LCA on his car, and rips them off the next day - due to being to loud for his taste. No worries though, he makes those stock LCA work like hell! lol!!!!

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

Always picking on me. :(
What I need to do is invest in a set of ear plugs. lol

And yes..............

grnenvy is the only person I have ever known, that put's a set of poly LCA on his car, and rips them off the next day - due to being to loud for his taste. No worries though, he makes those stock LCA work like hell! lol!!!!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
And yes..............

but...but..but....

Other than an increase in decel gear noise, I have no additional NVH from poly/spherical lowers and poly upper. No road noise transmission, no clunks, or squeaks, etc. With the Amsoil grease I have packed in there, they are super quiet. You can't pound this stuff out of the bushings.

Kelly, any new reports on your experience with it?

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Yup

Yeah the decal whine drove me nuts. I guess having great hearing isn't always so good.

but...but..but....

Other than an increase in decel gear noise, I have no additional NVH from poly/spherical lowers and poly upper. No road noise transmission, no clunks, or squeaks, etc. With the Amsoil grease I have packed in there, they are super quiet. You can't pound this stuff out of the bushings.

Kelly, any new reports on your experience with it?

Users who are viewing this thread