Best looking wheels on Red Shelby With White Stripes

Best wheels on a Red Shelby with white stripes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Gotta vote with what I have!
Durabright Alcoas for the win!!!!! :banana:

Ryan

X007.jpg

X015.jpg

R1Lello

Established Member
I think polishEd is the only way to go with the current combo, I personally dont like the Alcoas. They are odd to me for some reason.....tire choice is very important to me. The Alcoas dont offer much choice due to offset.

totally agree.....besides wrong offset, their design make them look like 21's. The money you spend on them and then to widen, just buy a high end 3 pc like TF. I voted 'other' :beer:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
totally agree.....besides wrong offset, their design make them look like 21's. The money you spend on them and then to widen, just buy a high end 3 pc like TF. I voted 'other' :beer:

and you wont have to wait 6 months or whatever till theyre available again :thumbsup:

now ive been told, by a manager of a ford dealership, that they've seen some instances of the Alcoa's clear coat already starting to yellow. not trying to bash or anything like that. dont get me wrong. has anyone experienced this at all? personally, i like the svtpp wheels 100x more than the alcoas but that's just personal taste. everyone has their own sense of style. i do like the red one with alcoas posted on page 1. the overall car looks great :beer:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I agree, the TF wheels are definitely nice. Chicanes seem to more popular than the Reval wheels I was considering, but there is something about the Revals I like. The Alcoas are really attractive, but I didn't realize how expensive the widening of the rear wheels could be. I came across a post on these boards discussing how it ran upwards of $700 in order to widen the rear Alcoas to fit a 335/30 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tire. I have run a 275 tire in the rear before and that will not get it done. At a minimum, I would like to run a 305. Of course, it would be better if I could get away with a 315 or 335.

R1Lello

Established Member
I agree, the TF wheels are definitely nice. Chicanes seem to more popular than the Reval wheels I was considering, but there is something about the Revals I like. The Alcoas are really attractive, but I didn't realize how expensive the widening of the rear wheels could be. I came across a post on these boards discussing how it ran upwards of $700 in order to widen the rear Alcoas to fit a 335/30 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tire. I have run a 275 tire in the rear before and that will not get it done. At a minimum, I would like to run a 305. Of course, it would be better if I could get away with a 315 or 335.

a 325/30/20 is also available, little more $$ but it is. 27.7 tall, 13" width. With the right b.spacing you too can have no rub, no spacers and no sticking out.......sort of like what I have :beer:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
A 325/30/20 wheel sounds quite good actually, especially with a 27.7 wheel height. Did you say 13"? It would seem like you could fit a 355 on a wheel with that wide of a diameter, although, I can't imagine a 355 fitting on our cars without some imaginative modifications.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
only in a PS :thumbsup:

Photoshopped Pics

me personally, i LOVE the torch red with white stripes. i think classic Shelby mustang when i see one. i think a KILLER combo is a brushed wheel. it gives it a nice, classic look. if this was my GT500, id have it exactly like this except with a stock hood :coolman:
IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

What size tires are on the rear?

Thanks, R

R1Lello

Established Member
A 325/30/20 wheel sounds quite good actually, especially with a 27.7 wheel height. Did you say 13"? It would seem like you could fit a 355 on a wheel with that wide of a diameter, although, I can't imagine a 355 fitting on our cars without some imaginative modifications.

no......my 325 tire is 13" wide, not the wheel, recommended wheel for this tire is 11-12" .

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
a 325/30/20 is also available, little more $$ but it is. 27.7 tall, 13" width. With the right b.spacing you too can have no rub, no spacers and no sticking out.......sort of like what I have :beer:

Are you running an 11" wheel with the 325's or did you have to mod your inner fender area (bumpstop, shock boot, etc.)?

R

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
a 325/30/20 is also available, little more $$ /QUOTE]

A little more? Aren't those tires around $800 each without shipping? I guess it's all relative but that's a pretty hefty price tag for one tire.

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
a 325/30/20 is also available, little more $$ /QUOTE]

A little more? Aren't those tires around $800 each without shipping? I guess it's all relative but that's a pretty hefty price tag for one tire.

it is but it's what I wanted, nice and wide, and to me the perfect height......the zero issues is the best part. I learned years ago to buy first choice and you'll always regret 2nd choice to save money.:beer:

R1Lello

Established Member
Are you running an 11" wheel with the 325's or did you have to mod your inner fender area (bumpstop, shock boot, etc.)?

R

Yes, Asanti 11" built to my specs. I did the bracket a bit and slight trim on the shock boot although after done, pretty sure I didn't have to. To date, not one hint of rub.:beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes, Asanti 11" built to my specs. I did the bracket a bit and slight trim on the shock boot although after done, pretty sure I didn't have to. To date, not one hint of rub.:beer:

Ok, that helps. Most of the guys who are doing anything 315 and larger are going out to 11.75-12 on the rim to achieve a flatter sidewall. They are also articulating their axle, fully compressed on one side while hanging down on the other during and after the install to verify that when they drive their car, there will be no unexpected contact in "some" driving situations. A 11.50+ rim will hit the bumpstop bracket when the wheel is extended, there is no way around that unless you choose to have some inner fender well cutting and welding, or of course cut the bracket itself as most do. Fitting a 335 on any rim without sticking out is not possible that I know of. I currently have 335's on 12" Alcoas, and there is no room inward at all, and they do stick out a little, but not much, not any more than the 275's that were originally on my Super Snake. They just have the meaty tire look that you would find on most any of these cars who's owner is attempting to cram the most tire possible on the rear without looking "too big". Too big being the flat tread surface itself sticking out past the fender well edge. To my knowledge, the "actual tire bulge" past the fender well edge has always been acceptable in the muscle car world, "flat tire tread surface and bulge" sticking out past the fender lip..........not so acceptable.

The guys who have chosen the 315 R888 and the 11.75" Alcoa widening option have found that the sidewall bulge and fender well lip are the same when mounted. When comparing the specs on the 315 R888 and the 325 Dunlop Sport Maxx GT, the only difference is a overall diameter of .1.........It is the 335 bulge on a 11.75 or 12 that goes just a little past the fender lip.

I would like to see some pictures of the 345's that I see talked about. Do they stick out past the fender lip?

R

Last edited:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
Billet Specialties

I attended the "World Of Wheels" show this weekend and ran across some fantastic looking wheels. Check these out:

Boost:

IMG_63381.JPG

Patriot:

IMG_63421.JPG

Throttle:

0000001163-prod.jpg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I attended the "World Of Wheels" show this weekend and ran across some fantastic looking wheels. Check these out:

Boost:

IMG_63381.JPG

Patriot:

IMG_63421.JPG

Throttle:

0000001163-prod.jpg

I like the second version better than the first. The second has more definition that is lost in "Shine" on the first.

R

Users who are viewing this thread