Bet my friend 200$ I could beat his H/C/I Z06

BTR

Established Member
N/A c6z's can maybe make a hair or so over 600 WHP. h/c/I/e w/e85. Never heard of stock compression/displacement LS7s making 700. It just takes 100- 125 more HP from mid to high rolls to keep up with one because of their weight/gearing/aero

exactly, he's pretty much done at this point unless he wants go get a blower, but with the high compression I doubt he'd be able to pull it off safely.

I'm ashamed of myself, I should have known better considering he raced a new viper and slowly crept away from it.

oh well. time to reduce weight again and upgrade blowers

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
N/A c6z's can maybe make a hair or so over 600 WHP. h/c/I/e w/e85. Never heard of stock compression/displacement LS7s making 700. It just takes 100- 125 more HP from mid to high rolls to keep up with one because of their weight/gearing/aero

Maybe you can clear something up for me. Why would you run E85 in a N/A Ls7??? I have never heard of that before.

I don't see where it would be worth the extra effort.

Zemedici

Established Member
I bet he is around 700 at the wheels with the mods on the z06 depending on the cam. I had a c6 with cam headers and exhaust making 503 at the wheels those cars respond really well to the work he did

More drugs for you sir - 700whp?

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I've heard of NA LS7's in the low 600's whp range(what you call EXTREMELY RADICAL CAM THAT'S BARELY STREETABLE)...Definitely not 700 though unless they had a 50 shot lol...

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
The 08 Z that my friend begged me to buy made 617/537 at the rear wheels. It was AFR heads, comp custom cam by Ed curtis, beehive intake , with a few other mods to it. Ran a vacuum canister to help with heating system and brake assist. Car is a beast in the streets and will rape many in the highway. Not to hard to launch once use to it because power doesn't come in until 3500 through 3800 area. From there on it screams to 7200.

Car has a 100 shot but only pulled 682 on nitrous. Hardly ever spray it but I have seen a few 620s on a couple of Zs. Never seen 700 except on built motors with some sort of FI. Unlike the Shelby 700 is hard to make on LS7. But once you clear 600 on a Z it takes some serious HP for a stang to run with it. Due to body design and gear ratios the vettes really move from 2nd gear on. Slicks kept me around 146-149 in the quarter. Wanted to spray it for the 150 hero pass but was always nervous something may go wrong. Just food for thought but your not taking down a Z other easily. Lowering the Z helps on roll ons but kills the traction out the gate and below 50mph. No weight transition sets the back end on a snake path and not hard to come around on you. Learned that from experience

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Boss Intake with a 2.76 pulley glued to it.

standing+ovation2.gif

Bravo Sir… Bravo

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I bet he is around 700 at the wheels with the mods on the z06 depending on the cam. I had a c6 with cam headers and exhaust making 503 at the wheels those cars respond really well to the work he did

Uuuhhh... no. With a healthy cam and a 100 shot... but not just a h/c/I setup on a stock ls7 shortblock.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Op, do yourself a favor and and accept that theyre always someone faster. Hes probably got what you bought your car for, in mods on that thing. Do it right and dont blow it up. How pissed are you going to be if you were to add a 200 shot and then he beats you again? And your car blows up?

Veni Vidi Vici

Established Member
@OP I wish you the best of luck with your mods and future races, but this thread is ****ing hilarious :D :D

Unlike the Shelby 700 is hard to make on LS7.

I'm somewhat of a noob, why is that? I would have thought the opposite - a larger displacement engine having the possibility for higher HP gains than a smaller one. I'm guessing there's alot more to it that I don't know.

Thnx

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Lol, you have to realize your comparing a NA to a FI. FI comes over built from Ford so there is room to play with. Z is a high revving big block so to speak. Until I had one I use to think they were expensive but believe it or not they are cheap to mod. After all its a cheap Chevrolet lol. Heads , Cam and intake cam be had for around 2500. Those are AFRs around 1600 or so depending on what set up you go with. Top end with truing kit and intake cam be brought around a grand or so. They're not that hard to modify like people think. Tricky to work on but parts not that expensive comparing apples to apples. Heck for the price of a new SC for a stang you can make a Z straight out fly. Just have to chose your poison

QuickC5Z

Established Member
Lol, you have to realize your comparing a NA to a FI. FI comes over built from Ford so there is room to play with. Z is a high revving big block so to speak. Until I had one I use to think they were expensive but believe it or not they are cheap to mod. After all its a cheap Chevrolet lol. Heads , Cam and intake cam be had for around 2500. Those are AFRs around 1600 or so depending on what set up you go with. Top end with truing kit and intake cam be brought around a grand or so. They're not that hard to modify like people think. Tricky to work on but parts not that expensive comparing apples to apples. Heck for the price of a new SC for a stang you can make a Z straight out fly. Just have to chose your poison

AFR heads for a 427 for $1600? Post a link to these heads.

Users who are viewing this thread