Bet my friend 200$ I could beat his H/C/I Z06

zacmustang03

Established Member
I doubt this very much seeing ive spent ten years at the track watching all the amateur friday night street legal boys and girls rarely breaking into the low 11s. Fast and the furious really threw a wrench in whats ten seconds and what's actually ten seconds. With a professional driver and drs and at sea level in good air maybe a stock z06 a high ten . Probably not.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Lots of crazy info in this thread. Having owned a lot of these cars, I can tell you it will take something extraordinary to beat a properly setup h/c/I z from a roll. 60-160mph is where these cars shine.

Depending on the cam, they can make anywhere from 550-600rwhp on pump gas, and up to 630 with e85 and a big cam. I have a very streetable cam, milled/ported stock heads with good valves, ported lsx intake, throttle body, catted longtubes and stock mufflers, and made a hair under 580 rwhp on a conservative tune. Realize 60-150ish requires only two shifts in these cars, not very difficult.

Having owned a 600rwhp cobra, it is no where near my z, especially once you hit triple digits. Original poster, my advice is to let it go. There will always be someone faster. You will break your car trying to beat this guy. And you will still lose.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Lots of crazy info in this thread. Having owned a lot of these cars, I can tell you it will take something extraordinary to beat a properly setup h/c/I z from a roll. 60-160mph is where these cars shine.

Depending on the cam, they can make anywhere from 550-600rwhp on pump gas, and up to 630 with e85 and a big cam. I have a very streetable cam, milled/ported stock heads with good valves, ported lsx intake, throttle body, catted longtubes and stock mufflers, and made a hair under 580 rwhp on a conservative tune. Realize 60-150ish requires only two shifts in these cars, not very difficult.

Having owned a 600rwhp cobra, it is no where near my z, especially once you hit triple digits. Original poster, my advice is to let it go. There will always be someone faster. You will break your car trying to beat this guy. And you will still lose.

If you have a bone stock z06 what will hci cost you?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
If you have a bone stock z06 what will hci cost you?

I took mine to speed inc., just outside of Chicago, and paid $9k-ish. That got me a halltech intake, nick Williams 105mm throttle body, ported/painted lsx-r intake, 160 degree thermostat, ported/milled stock heads with upgraded hardware, the cam, catted longutbe/midpipe combo, ls9-x twin disc clutch with remote bleeder, all the labor, and the Dyno tune. I made 578/524. Was worth every penny to me. The car was fast before, but now it's absolutely insane. The clutch has less effort than stock, and the car has zero issues driving on the street. It's still quiet on the freeway with the dual mode stock mufflers. Only other mod to my vette is an mgw shifter. Everything else is stock.

Prototype007

Established Member
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/afr-1034
Or you could do the 20th
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/afr-1054

personally they're much cheaper routes to go like patriot but I'm not building the same car again so twin turbo this time. My first was built back in 08-09 and prices on parts are really going up. But Chevrolet can still be had for reasonable prices. You can build a gen 1 at Walmart

I disregard anything under the 210cc size when it comes to older stuff that's going to be spinning high (under -370ci) or larger cubic inch engine (388+) . When money is being spent in that category, I don't believe in paying a lot for the "lesser" performing product. Just my opinion.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I took mine to speed inc., just outside of Chicago, and paid $9k-ish. That got me a halltech intake, nick Williams 105mm throttle body, ported/painted lsx-r intake, 160 degree thermostat, ported/milled stock heads with upgraded hardware, the cam, catted longutbe/midpipe combo, ls9-x twin disc clutch with remote bleeder, all the labor, and the Dyno tune. I made 578/524. Was worth every penny to me. The car was fast before, but now it's absolutely insane. The clutch has less effort than stock, and the car has zero issues driving on the street. It's still quiet on the freeway with the dual mode stock mufflers. Only other mod to my vette is an mgw shifter. Everything else is stock.
That sounds pretty sick. I'm between a z06 and a gtr as my next car

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Is this for real? OP, what were you smoking?

You need to motor swap to a 5.0 with intake.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
A pullied 03/04 cobra did rule the streets in 03/04. But eventually something faster comes out.

I say it ruled until the C6 showed up. As has been debated numerous times here, still a great platform despite the 5.Bros comments

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
03-03 ruled the streets in the mustang world. C5z06 ruled them all! :)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
C5 bahahaha....now around an actual road course...there's probably not a better balanced car to be had for the price.

I didnt say "c5", i said c5z06... Thats a big difference... Lol... And yes, i had no trouble proving that point years ago, day in and day out. Many a feelings were hurt.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I didnt say "c5", i said c5z06... Thats a big difference... Lol... And yes, i had no trouble proving that point years ago, day in and day out. Many a feelings were hurt.

I know you meant Z06 and I would definitely have to disagree that the ZO6 ruled the street in C5 trim...but we can both agree it took the crown if a turn was involved.

Users who are viewing this thread