Big shout out to JPC on my Tremec install and rear diff gear install!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just want to give a shout out to Justin and his crew on another great install. This time they installed a 2.97 geared Tremec a spec 3+ clutch kit and motive 3:90 gears. Love this set up, my new tranny is screaming "punish me"... Lol ...gotta wait till i break in the clutch! Also during the process of the install they found an 02 sensor with a loose wire that they fixed for me...When the install was completed Justin himself took the car for a test ride to (1 ) to do the initial break in of the new ring and pinion and (2) to make sure everything worked fine. Quality service with a smile.....

Thanks guys....great job! I have officially erased the code name mt-82 from my memory...lol

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You're gonna love it. Did they wire up the reverse lockout? +1 for post some pics and vids

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You're gonna love it. Did they wire up the reverse lockout? +1 for post some pics and vids

You mean the reverse lights to the reverse gear, yeah every thing works cruise control parking sensors, i even have a softer reverse lock out spring that I'm saving it for when i change the tranny fluid at 1000 miles!

mhyjek

Established Member
I think Justinjor is your reversed locked out besides the spring ie pressing on the brake to unlock the reverse or is it just spring dependent?

poof100

Established Member
You mean the reverse lights to the reverse gear, yeah every thing works cruise control parking sensors, i even have a softer reverse lock out spring that I'm saving it for when i change the tranny fluid at 1000 miles!

If you don't have JPC do the trans fluid change after the break in, make sure you use an ATF fluid like the Mobil 1 they just put in!

Enjoy the Magnum! Is that Spec clutch a twin disc or single? Time to get it to the track now! :rockon:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Last edited:

poof100

Established Member

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
How's the pedal feel with that clutch? Curious how it compares to an RST/RXT.

Yeah, that AMSOIL should work. Whatever you do, don't put Syncromesh in it!

You going to WCF at MIR this weekend?

I dont know how the rst's feel but i like the feel of spec clutches. No to hard and not to soft. I really hated the soft pedal feel of my stock clutch. With this clutch you know where the engagement is. The feel is slightly softer then my previous spec 2+ clutch. I like a little firmness, and this spec 3+ is perfect!

Im gonna go saturday but I'm not running, only got 150 miles on this new stuff!

Last edited:

WildOne12

Established Member
I thought that might have been your car down there Friday when I was picking mine up...

Justin & his crew do some quality work & they are a great shop to work with! I just had some 3.73 gears & a True Trac Diff installed can't wait to hit the track with the slicks on. Justin even took time to go over some things on the car with me to make sure it was right... great customer service goes a long way.

I'm stuck with the MT-82 for now and if I decide to go Turbo I can see an Auto Trans in my future.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I think Justinjor is your reversed locked out besides the spring ie pressing on the brake to unlock the reverse or is it just spring dependent?

No, I mean the reverse lockout solenoid that comes on the T56. You're putting in a softer spring so that should take care of it.

Does your cruise control work in all gears? I've read different reports from other magnum users and my car CC only works in 6th gear.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I am interested in the softer spring. I have the trans swap and would like to hear more about this for the lockout.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Yeah the tremec magnum is the same as the 6060 where the spring is concerned!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread