Big shout out to JPC on my Tremec install and rear diff gear install!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
No, I mean the reverse lockout solenoid that comes on the T56. You're putting in a softer spring so that should take care of it.

Does your cruise control work in all gears? I've read different reports from other magnum users and my car CC only works in 6th gear.

I tested it in 5th and 6th gear, works fine, i would never use it in 4th. The stock spring isn't that bad , but since i paid 10 bux for the softer spring i will be putting in!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Cruise control limit should be based off of a cars MPH, not what gear it's in. I could be wrong though as i haven't ever checked specifically on the 11+ mustang since its never been a concern ive heard before.

mhyjek

Established Member
Cruise control limit should be based off of a cars MPH, not what gear it's in. I could be wrong though as i haven't ever checked specifically on the 11+ mustang since its never been a concern ive heard before.
I've used cruise at 40 mph can blackbeast do that and used it in 4th I had 3.73 gears with mt 82 mt at the that time I was going through a known speed trap.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I agree CC should be based off mph and not speed but here's the funny thing...

I can be on the highway at 70mph in 6th gear and my CC works fine. I can speed up/slow down with the stalk etc. It functions normally... BUT

Put the car in 5th gear at the same 70mph speed and my CC will not work at all. lol

I've double checked everything in my tune and I'm not really sure why it doesn't work but considering I only use it in 6th gear anyway, it's fine.

I would love to know why it doesn't work in any other gear but 6th though. I keep hoping JPC will chime in on one of these threads since I bought everything from them. I might just have to give them a call one of these days.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I agree CC should be based off mph and not speed but here's the funny thing...

I can be on the highway at 70mph in 6th gear and my CC works fine. I can speed up/slow down with the stalk etc. It functions normally... BUT

Put the car in 5th gear at the same 70mph speed and my CC will not work at all. lol

I've double checked everything in my tune and I'm not really sure why it doesn't work but considering I only use it in 6th gear anyway, it's fine.

I would love to know why it doesn't work in any other gear but 6th though. I keep hoping JPC will chime in on one of these threads since I bought everything from them. I might just have to give them a call one of these days.

Question, before you did your tremec install did you remove your clutch pedal spring for the mt-82? If so that may have something to with it.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Question, before you did your tremec install did you remove your clutch pedal spring for the mt-82? If so that may have something to with it.

Clutch spring has been out of the car since the day after I bought it.

Why would you think the clutch spring would have something to do with it?

I've pulled up on the pedal and stuff when trying to get CC to work in other gears but did not have success. I'm actually baffled by this to be perfectly honest--but because it works in 6th gear and that's the only time I need cruise control, I just ignore it. lol

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

I've pulled up on the pedal and stuff when trying to get CC to work in other gears but did not have success. I'm actually baffled by this to be perfectly honest--but because it works in 6th gear and that's the only time I need cruise control, I just ignore it. lol

I just remember guys saying after they removed the spring their cc didn't work properly. Did you try putting the spring back in?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I just remember guys saying after they removed the spring their cc didn't work properly. Did you try putting the spring back in?

No, I don't even know where the spring is now. There is a sensor on the clutch pedal that tells the computer the clutch pedal position. Without the spring, I could see the pedal being "lazy" and not returning to it's fully extended position but that was remedied when I made a clutch pedal return spring.

kona12

Established Member
Not at liberty to say, but you can call JPC and request a quote!
Its not a big deal just trying to get a ball park what the trani goes for not asking for your bill, thanks for not sharing. I thought thats what we do here on the forum. Thanks anyway for the feed back ill call Jpc myself...

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Its not a big deal just trying to get a ball park what the trani goes for not asking for your bill, thanks for not sharing. I thought thats what we do here on the forum. Thanks anyway for the feed back ill call Jpc myself...

Why get a ballpark, when you can get an exact quote specific to your needs! how hard is it to make a call? Out of respect for the vender i wont post details about the price i paid for services rendered on a public forum.

BUCKET

Established Member
Mine still has the clutch spring (will be pulling). Cruise works in 4th and 6th. Not in 5th no matter what. Idk what could cause that

Black, want to buy an mt82?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Mine still has the clutch spring (will be pulling). Cruise works in 4th and 6th. Not in 5th no matter what. Idk what could cause that

Black, want to buy an mt82?

Lol.....I got mine for sale to! I had 1 inquiry about it but his bid was to low!

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Funny thing here. I saw you guys talking about cc and it dawned on me that I had never tried mine, and it has been in for a while. Guess what, it does not work in any gear. I did not install the rev lock out switch. Could this be the culprit.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Funny thing here. I saw you guys talking about cc and it dawned on me that I had never tried mine, and it has been in for a while. Guess what, it does not work in any gear. I did not install the rev lock out switch. Could this be the culprit.

No. There is no reverse lockout solenoid on a MT82-equipped car so the computer wouldn't be expecting it.

Eric@jpc

Established Member

Its crazy to us as well i have done some cars where it works in 5th but not 6th. I dont get it. i dont think the clutch spring as anything to do with but hey i could be wrong on that.

Well there are alot of options on what you can do with the swap.

The most common setup i sell is

like $5050

that includes
Trans, Cross member, bellhousing, shifter, Dynotech driveshaft, all the bolts
Speedo box and pig tail
RST clutch and lightened steel flywheel

You can play with some options here on my site
TREMEC MAGNUM XL S197 CONVERSION COMPLETE KIT (also Includes Driveshaft,Clutch & Flywheel options) - Justin's Performance Center

IF you have any questions on it i will be more then happy to answer.

Also i can save you a great deal of money if you ship to a business

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Eric, do you know of any cars where cruise control functions normally? I think it has something to do with the tune and what parameters have been updated. The hardware should all be identical between the cars so the only variable is the tune.

Reverse lockout is the only electrical difference between the transmission so once the pig tail is swapped over for the reverse lights, it's all the same(save for the speedo) so I don't think it's a hardware thing.

I changed the individual gear ratios in my tune to reflect the T56 and updated the rear end gear as well. Aside from that, I don't know of anything else that would need to be updated.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm, I guess it could be a fuse. I had not even thought to try it until I read all this. Got to find out what is going on now.

Users who are viewing this thread