BilletFlow IRS Brace Install Help (cannot get into position)

Paintballaa5

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm in the process of putting in my irs brace, and I've gotten the front and rear diff mount bolts out. I'm able to move the differential around with a jack under it, but I cannot for the life of me slide the brace into position. I've read through all the threads regarding the install and nobody has mentioned having trouble getting it into place. Am I doing something wrong here? It keeps binging up on the passenger side tie rod bracket.
I bought it used, and there weren't any scratches on it, and I'm marring it all up. So apparently somebody got it in and out of place easily once..

Any tips would be appreciated, and pictures would be very helpful. Especially since the pics are down on the "how to" guide.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
what I recall when doing it a long time ago, I didn't even have to loosen the front diff mounting bolts (mine were stock at the time) and all I had to do was sort of jack the side of the pumkin up a little bit, then snake it in there. billetflow's paper instructions were included and very helpful and I am sure you can probably find them somewhere on line. best of luck with it!

Paintballaa5

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, I don't know how in the world you did it without even removing the front bolts! I've got all four out and it still doesn't fit where it needs to. I guess I can try pulling the rear irs bolts to lower the whole thing down some. Might give me some room to slide it in

03' White Snake

Established Member
I just put one on my brother's car. I lowered the back of the irs subframe.... just like doing springs. Removed the 2 rear diff mount bolts and the bolts for the cover. Pry the diff up or down to reach the bolt in the cover that's blocked and slide the bracket in and replaced with the new hardware.

I was done in 1 hr, the entire job.

Paintballaa5

Established Member
Wow. I feel like an idiot.
So I dropped the rear of the irs and had much more room to work with and see everything. I get to looking at it and I'm thinking theres no physical way the brace will bolt to the cover.
A thought popped into my head and I did a quick google search of a stock irs cover.

Turns out the previous owner put the Ford Racing girdled diff cover on it.

/facepalm

Guess I'll go button her all back together. Thanks for the help guys!

cj428mach

Established Member
Wow. I feel like an idiot.
So I dropped the rear of the irs and had much more room to work with and see everything. I get to looking at it and I'm thinking theres no physical way the brace will bolt to the cover.
A thought popped into my head and I did a quick google search of a stock irs cover.

Turns out the previous owner put the Ford Racing girdled diff cover on it.

/facepalm

Guess I'll go button her all back together. Thanks for the help guys!

Be happy. Better part, and you can get your money back selling the brace.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Ford racing cover far superior to stock cover with band aid brace. Absolutely best mod I ever did.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Jefe

Established Member
Whats everyone using to tighten/loosen the drain plug? The rear diff mount bracket gets in the way trying to go straight at it as well as trying to get a ratchet in there and the exhaust piping leaves very little throw if you even got a ratchet in there. I wound up using some pliers and a bit from the left side over the exhuast but there's gotta be a better way

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Whats everyone using to tighten/loosen the drain plug? The rear diff mount bracket gets in the way trying to go straight at it as well as trying to get a ratchet in there and the exhaust piping leaves very little throw if you even got a ratchet in there. I wound up using some pliers and a bit from the left side over the exhuast but there's gotta be a better way

to me the drain plug isnt too bad - gotta use a multi-angle hex tool (the ones with the ball fitting on the end) - but with the fill plug you really need to get creative... i use a hex socket but first insert it into an open end fine racheting wrench to be able to turn it. they dont make it easy, thats for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread