Bolt-On All Motor AED GT goes 10's:

Status
Not open for further replies.

White608

Go faster
Established Member
^^^^^ this, just sent him my second datalog. I know for a FACT i've never had this GREAT of CUSTOMER SERVICE BEFORE!!! Shaun is def a workaholic! Cant wait for my second tune, the base pulled nicely and to redline, looking for some more bottom end I'll be set!!!!

Yeah I got a tune today, excellent to say the least :banana:

My car already had a tune from another place. His base tune drove night and day better than their revised tune. If it ever quit raining I'd go try out the final set of tunes at the track. :rolling:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Speaking of lights out.....you gonna be at NMRA Houston or not? :burnout:

November, right? I want to make it. I wanted to go to the 5.0 Showdown but this month has been totally screwed by Isaac that I can't justify the time off. November though, I should be able.

Mile

wbt

Banned
November, right? I want to make it. I wanted to go to the 5.0 Showdown but this month has been totally screwed by Isaac that I can't justify the time off. November though, I should be able.

Mile

Yes. Nov. 9-11.

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
congrats on the great runs. goes to show that the correct modifications and aggressive driving can make these cars do well at the track. that being said... the tuning was a nominal factor in this equation in my opinion.

congrats! 10 sec recipe all in the tune

I'm gonna go with the driver mod first and foremost.

A 1.5 60 foot with a RWD manual is awesome.

I also love that this is on the stock airbox. I came from the Subaru world where it was pretty much the same thing. Guys were making 4-500 to the wheels on the stocker.

Very nice. I may be giving you a call around Christmas-time :)

If you want an easy sale, write my name down here and PM me if you run a special.

Graboid

Established Member
The customer service problems will begin. It happened to Doug (Bama), is apparently happening to Lund and will happen for AED once enough people go to them if he doesn't plan and be preemptive with his company strategy. Plus personal issues effect smaller companies easier. It just makes it more obvious when the CS is crazy good early on. Props to AED though and maybe they will keep up with the demand that others have and are falling short on.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The customer service problems will begin. It happened to Doug (Bama), is apparently happening to Lund and will happen for AED once enough people go to them if he doesn't plan and be preemptive with his company strategy. Plus personal issues effect smaller companies easier. It just makes it more obvious when the CS is crazy good early on. Props to AED though and maybe they will keep up with the demand that others have and are falling short on.

They've never had a problem in past, and I don't predict them ever having a problem in the future. People seem to think AED is a new shop when they aren't.. They've been busy/booked for a long time to local CA people. Shaun will do just fine and so will AED. :beer:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
The difference between Shaun and the other guys', is that Shaun knows what he is doing and doesn't need 20 revisions to nail down a drivable tune.

Shaun@AED

CS is a my #1 concern and I do have a strategy, but it involves reducing the amount of work / number of customers in order to concentrate on those customers we do have.

I am currently VERY pleased with the work load as it is not overwhelming, but actually quite enjoyable. 4-5 email tunes a week currently + the custom tunes at the shop which have been fairly steady for the past 5 years. (first few years were slow)
I can easily double if not triple the work load, but after that I will need to take some actions.

First and foremost SVTP is the only nation wide site we advertise on and there are NO plans on advertising elsewhere.
Second, I am specializing in the 5.0 (no V6's) and will not do email tuning for ANY pre-2011 Ford as I can not accurately control fueling remotely like I can with these wideband controlled Fords. I can and do tune the 2011+ GT500's remotely, but that is a much smaller market than the 5.0 so I'm not expecting that to have much of an impact.
Third, customers do most of the advertising by word of mouth rather than banners, specials, etc. Customer word of mouth referals are traditionally the bulk of AED's business.
Forth, referals for those that want an AED tune on the dyno. We currently have a small network of quality tuners in various locations around the country that are fully AED supported. These shops are also dedicated to customer service and quality calibrations. Those that want to extract every last HP on the dyno with an AED based tune have options currently in FL, NY, MD, CA, CO, SC, and now TX.
Fifth, (you all are going to hate me for this), price increases. Basic economics of supply and demand. When demand overwhelms supply, reduce demand, in this case by price increases. Although a nominal price increase is scheduled in Jan, pricing changes designed to reduce demand will be a last resort. The goal is NOT to soak customers for more $$$, but to reduce demand so we can continue to provide the level of service AED customers have become accustom to.

Domination of the market thru volume is NOT our goal.

Last edited:

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
All I personally ask is that you pay attention to my needs when the time comes, deliver to me a tune specific for my build/car that you can truly with a clear conscience say you've tweaked and optimized it with all your knowledge and ability and took no short cuts or guess's in getting it done and returned it to me without the worries of damaging my motor.

If you can do that, and no doubt you can, I'll be happy and will spread the word.
:beer:

Last edited:

4.6+5.0

Established Member
Where at in TX Shaun, I'm in the DFW area? I would seriously consider driving to CA to get a tune in person as great as people talk ur service, but if I can get a remote tune that is just as good as a in person tune that would be great!

Shaun@AED

Where at in TX Shaun, I'm in the DFW area? I would seriously consider driving to CA to get a tune in person as great as people talk ur service, but if I can get a remote tune that is just as good as a in person tune that would be great!

A good tuning buddy just took an offer to tune for Murillo.

Shaun@AED

Do you remote tune Shaun? If so, where in TX or Louisiana are you able to do so?

I'm trying to NOT do remote tuning unless absolutely necessary.
Hence getting a network of tuners around the country that can take care of the customer and dial in the TiVCT, or whatever else they feel is necessary for the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread