Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

viper1

Established Member
I call BS flag...no way you pulled a Stock 5.0 that hard with your stock cobra...Just dosent make sense to me..Prolly a 2010 Gt ...Good kill anywAy :beer::banana:

I think I know a big ass 5.0 emblem when I see it. People need to remember that this isn't a prepped track Car an Driver run. Anything can happen on the street. You can come up with a million reasons why it went down like it did. I am by no means discounting the car, just giving my experience with it. It is definitely a strong car. The only thing I don't like about it is the back of the car, how the bumper area sticks out. My car does run really strong. The motor and blower both have 18K on them.

trendkilllx

Established Member
could be impart due to the torque curve as mentioned although would have expected a closer run. As another 03 cobra owner, mine dynoed at 404hp, 396 torque with just intake and catback in 90 degree weather with over 350 ftlbs available at low rpm.
From a stop the GT may have prevailed up to a point.

03snakeminated

Established Member
Prolly the guy did not know how to drive that thing too well, I mean heck it's a 112-113 trapping car (similar to yours), so with you pulling him that hard meant he could not drive for shit.

could be that or maybe it was an automatic, regardless it was what it was, anything can happen in the skreetz

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Lol, let the excuses for the 5.low begin....

Not an excuse, but clearly the guy was not driving that car to its potential. Either that, or the cobra guy is trapping 117+ in his stock car.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Not an excuse, but clearly the guy was not driving that car to its potential. Either that, or the cobra guy is trapping 117+ in his stock car.

Exactly, the new 5.0 really shines on top so no advantage for the Cobra.
5.0s also dyno over 400 with intake and tune on a stock exhaust so what the other guy said is void. Too bad we will never know if it was an auto or manual. Anyone can put a 5.0 badge into a 2010 car.

From a roll the 5.0 will hang right at the side of a cobra or even edge it out a bit. Plus they dont heat soak:D

Someone just likes to bash this new 5.0 perhaps because his jealous? who knows. Not the op btw.

viper1

Established Member
5.0s also dyno over 400 with intake and tune on a stock exhaust so what the other guy said is void. Too bad we will never know if it was an auto or manual. Anyone can put a 5.0 badge into a 2010 car.

From a roll the 5.0 will hang right at the side of a cobra or even edge it out a bit. Plus they dont heat soak:D

Someone just likes to bash this new 5.0 perhaps because his jealous? who knows. Not the op btw.

As I said before, this was a 2011 5.0, black with the paper plate still on it. Had it been a rebadged 2010 he wouldn't have hung with me at all.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Any Iphone vids of this run? It doesn't have to be perfect just as long as I can differentiate the 2 cars. Hell at this point, I'll settle for a computer re-enactment, LOL.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I know the terminators dominated the scene for a long time and are still a force to be reckoned with. I believe a stock termi will knock the new 5.0 off. I have a friend with one but its not stock. What he did to a 5.0 the other night. I was about to call 911 but didn't know if I should call the Homocide or Robbery department because it was terrible.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
. Anyone can put a 5.0 badge into a 2010 car.

LOL are you serious? and people say 03 cobra guys are full of excuses! HAHA

Good kill. IF your a 03 cobra guy or a 5.0 guy... anyway you look at it, it would be a close race and anything can happen on the street. Still had a paper plate on it and the OP is probably had a fair bit of seat time in his cobra. I'd say if the 5.0 was properly driven it would still be a even race. So a passenger and bad driving can easily be the reason he put a hurt on the 5.0.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
LOL are you serious? and people say 03 cobra guys are full of excuses! HAHA

Good kill. IF your a 03 cobra guy or a 5.0 guy... anyway you look at it, it would be a close race and anything can happen on the street. Still had a paper plate on it and the OP is probably had a fair bit of seat time in his cobra. I'd say if the 5.0 was properly driven it would still be a even race. So a passenger and bad driving can easily be the reason he put a hurt on the 5.0.

truth.

good kill OP

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Prolly the guy did not know how to drive that thing too well, I mean heck it's a 112-113 trapping car (similar to yours), so with you pulling him that hard meant he could not drive for shit.

You might be talking about me as it is a known fact that I hate the 5.duh.

"Jealosy", hardly, I drive a z06 that will put a hurting on any 5.slow in any type of situation (mod for mod of course)..... I dislike the car because of its morronic following associated with it. :bash:

351inside

Established Member

"Jealosy", hardly, I drive a z06 that will put a hurting on any 5.slow in any type of situation (mod for mod of course)..... I dislike the car because of its morronic following associated with it. :bash:

yeah because there is no morronic following associated with LS cars :poke:

just saying:shrug:

Great kill OP

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

oh snap.

:dancenana:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Great kill OP

True... true....

But not like the new retard revolution that the new GT started, that is on a new level of stupid!

351inside

Established Member
True... true....

But not like the new retard revolution that the new GT started, that is on a new level of stupid!

In all honesty those morrons you are talking about are the people that dont know shit about cars. They just read one or two articles and suddenly the are know-it-alls..:nonono:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member

So you hate a car because of the people who like the car? That is kinda bs dont you think? Maybe your a tid bit upset that a 302cid engine makes more hp than your 346cid, both in factory form and with boltons?

I hate fbodies, but at least I have legit reasons why.. I dont like the feel of the car and the way they sit, i dont like the long hood/nose, i dont like the sound (some are ok, that have an actual dual setup), I dont like the weak rearends and the hydraulic clutch problems, I dont like the interior, and I definately hate the looks (with the exception of the firehawk and the formula)

However, I know they make power, they have great bank for the buck, so I give them their deserved respect for that.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I like how this is going hahahahahah, reminds me of the Fbody vs 03/04 wars, when that got old the 03/04 was compared to c5 zo6's.....

Look at how many guys are capable of trapping 113-114 in a stock cobra? My stock 03 went 12.44@114 bonestock back in 2003 down to stock tires, and paper filter. Not ALOT of people produced those results, Im not cocky but I will step out on a limb and say I can drive with the best of them, and better than most. I can probably count them on both hands that ran in the low 12's 100% BONESTOCK. I thru some DR's, upper pulley, filter, tune with xpipe, and catback on my car and was running 11.20's 2 months later. Still now those are impressive results, and ABOVE average.

On the flipside, all these mags, and cracked out tuners are posting up better than average results trapping in the 113+ area with these 5.0's, so people come on the boards and rice up the 5.0's thinking they are 115mph cars bonestock, and 120 with a tune or catack. Hell even some of these shops have NMRA factory stock racers driving for them. The same thing happened with 03/04 came out and left alot of the average joe's scratching their head also. I have seen 2 5.0's at the track owned by prior 03/04 owners now, and they have all trapped 107-109. I would venture to say average drivers with clean shifts. What does this say? Not a damn thing......I wouldnt mind having a couple of passes in one myself.

Truth of the matter is, there are very few drivers who can actually produce these earth shattering results whether its in a bonestock 03/04 or 5.0.

Nice kill to OP, keep it stock, it goes to hell after that hahahah

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread