Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
No surprise here. I own terminator which means it's way faster.

I think Jimmy also owns a few Mustangs.
Bone stock vs. bone stock is a tough one. SCvsNA with weight nodding to the 2011.
Having bought my car new.... It was fast then, is now but the 5.0L is way too cool.
Jeff

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
On the flipside, all these mags, and cracked out tuners are posting up better than average results trapping in the 113+ area with these 5.0's, so people come on the boards and rice up the 5.0's thinking they are 115mph cars bonestock,

Just like the Cobras do not run 113+ on average. I think the 115 mph comes from one thread where a stock GT ran those times but I believe there was an error with the et system.

But let's see here, the GT puts more rwhp on average than a Cobra. Has better gearing with less weight, you do the math. Anything can happen on the street, yes. Just dont consider it the normal.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
we all know every 2011GT driver get the fullotential out of the car.

it was the car that lost not the driver.

trendkilllx

Established Member
I think the stock 2011s are dynoing on average around 375hp with less torque to the wheels, so if you compare the power and torque curve to the 03 cobra I think you would see the difference. Also I thought the cars wieghed about the same but could be off.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I think the stock 2011s are dynoing on average around 375hp with less torque to the wheels, so if you compare the power and torque curve to the 03 cobra I think you would see the difference. Also I thought the cars wieghed about the same but could be off.

Yeah they seem to be all over the place, 360-390 depending on auto or manual. The cobra does produce more torque but the GT has better gear ratios to make up for it. GT is only 50lbs lighter

:burnout:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Guys, you DID hear the '11 had paper tags, right? That means two things:

The GT probably had very few miles on her. Car hasn't been broken in and neither has the driver. And considering it was being driven by a pimply faced little squirt, well, it's not all that hard to believe.

One thing that I find interesting that nobody pointed out was the fact that this little bugger may of gotten nervous (in front of his buddy) and either missed a shift or just not gave it 100% throttle. Alot of people don't like to drive the snot out of their vehicles. Especially brand new.

Not only is the GT heavier, (with an extra person) The Cobra is well broken in and may very well be a strong runner. Plus a superior torque curve would definitely put the jump on him.

Riddla- Get off the GT's nuts man. I love it too, but Jesus, it's not unbeatable. Especially when you're talking about Terminators. ;-)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So you hate a car because of the people who like the car? That is kinda bs dont you think? Maybe your a tid bit upset that a 302cid engine makes more hp than your 346cid, both in factory form and with boltons?

I hate fbodies, but at least I have legit reasons why.. I dont like the feel of the car and the way they sit, i dont like the long hood/nose, i dont like the sound (some are ok, that have an actual dual setup), I dont like the weak rearends and the hydraulic clutch problems, I dont like the interior, and I definately hate the looks (with the exception of the firehawk and the formula)

However, I know they make power, they have great bank for the buck, so I give them their deserved respect for that.

Nah its not BS, I love to hate on them, its fun...

Tid bit upset? At what? That I have an all around superior car, that has better pedigree, history, is more exclusive and will spank that ass mod for mod any day. Ha ha dont make me laught.

Ill tell you what the day a 5.0 beats me mod for mod thats the day Ill bow down to the 5.0. till then .....:poke:

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
Maybe your a tid bit upset that a 302cid engine makes more hp than your 346cid, both in factory form and with boltons?
not to jump in the vettes bandwagon, but we are talking about a c5 zo6, which last year production was 2004, (i'm sure you know that) which the mustang gt in that year was nowhere close to make the power of a c5z, if we really want to compare those 2 cars "in factory and with boltons" as you said, the fair and logical thing to do would be doing it from the same years, don't you think?, technology isn't the same nowadays as it was back in 04.
sorry o.p, (i see where this could get off topic) nice kill

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Dealer stock Cobra??? :dw:

Or SVTP Stock (pully w/ full exhaust)?

Im kidding. I could definately see the terminator win this one from a roll. The driver mod may have also played a factor in this too.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
ha yup but imo 5.4 4v> ls7

Last edited by a moderator:

rb185afm

Established Member
Guys, you DID hear the '11 had paper tags, right? That means two things:

The GT probably had very few miles on her. Car hasn't been broken in and neither has the driver. And considering it was being driven by a pimply faced little squirt, well, it's not all that hard to believe.

One thing that I find interesting that nobody pointed out was the fact that this little bugger may of gotten nervous (in front of his buddy) and either missed a shift or just not gave it 100% throttle. Alot of people don't like to drive the snot out of their vehicles. Especially brand new.

Not only is the GT heavier, (with an extra person) The Cobra is well broken in and may very well be a strong runner. Plus a superior torque curve would definitely put the jump on him.

Riddla- Get off the GT's nuts man. I love it too, but Jesus, it's not unbeatable. Especially when you're talking about Terminators. ;-)

+1 These where my first thoughts.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
How is it that EVERY thread here lately turns into a GM vs Ford bashing thread?

I could understand if it were a Camaro vs Mustang.. Where both sides would be all like "Go grow your mullet some more and go back to your trailer park!" and "Take your supercharger off and lets see how well you do!"..

But this was a 03 cobra vs '11 GT!!!

C'mon guys.. Who really cares if you hate F-bodies... Or if the new 5.0 is better than the LS motors? That has nothing to do with this thread.

stangposse

Established Member
Tid bit upset? At what? That I have an all around superior car, that has better pedigree, history, is more exclusive and will spank that ass mod for mod any day. Ha ha dont make me laught.

Ill tell you what the day a 5.0 beats me mod for mod thats the day Ill bow down to the 5.0. till then .....:poke:

With all due respect to Vette's, they are nice cars and I will have a Z06 someday, and your car is badass.... but this pedigree stuff is nonsense.

First...its a 2 seater made out of plastic. It better perform. Therefore, mod-for-mod condition is weak.

Secondly, for years the streets were flooded with blood from the asses of helpless Vette owners who got walked by fox body LX's every single night. Where we used to race, most Vette's would stay parked or act as lookouts while a dozen or so fox bodies would line up. You couldn't get a Vette owner to even rev his engine.

Things are a little different now with Vettes performing as they do, but there was a time when Vette owners wanted no part of a bone stock 5.0 LX. The pedigree of a Vette wasn't instilling any confidence. And that pedigree doesn't erase the humiliation either. So I don't see where pedigree, if there is any, holds any water if performance on the street matters. Exclusivity doesn't either if you ever watched Mecum....there are just as many high dollar Mustangs as there are Vette's.

Users who are viewing this thread