Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
The battles rages on, if its not 03/04 Cobra's its the new 5.0, someone is always comparing Vette history to mustang history, sadly its a vette owner in this case....you shouldnt even have to honestly open your mouth and somehow trying to put it in the same class of vehicle then STILL compare it. It's like me coming onto a vette based forum tooting my horn, its obvisouly a "mr obvious" conclusion here.

It never gets old though. Entertainment at its best!

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Nah its not BS, I love to hate on them, its fun...

Tid bit upset? At what? That I have an all around superior car, that has better pedigree, history, is more exclusive and will spank that ass mod for mod any day. Ha ha dont make me laught.

Ill tell you what the day a 5.0 beats me mod for mod thats the day Ill bow down to the 5.0. till then .....:poke:
Your car is like comparing the GT to an M3....oh wait:lol1:

Riddla

Established Member
How is it that EVERY thread here lately turns into a GM vs Ford bashing thread?

I could understand if it were a Camaro vs Mustang.. Where both sides would be all like "Go grow your mullet some more and go back to your trailer park!" and "Take your supercharger off and lets see how well you do!"..

But this was a 03 cobra vs '11 GT!!!

C'mon guys.. Who really cares if you hate F-bodies... Or if the new 5.0 is better than the LS motors? That has nothing to do with this thread.

Because Gm doesnt offer anythign to compete! Comparing it to the SS would be boring:bored:

Riddla

Established Member
not to jump in the vettes bandwagon, but we are talking about a c5 zo6, which last year production was 2004, (i'm sure you know that) which the mustang gt in that year was nowhere close to make the power of a c5z, if we really want to compare those 2 cars "in factory and with boltons" as you said, the fair and logical thing to do would be doing it from the same years, don't you think?, technology isn't the same nowadays as it was back in 04.
sorry o.p, (i see where this could get off topic) nice kill

Then someone with a 2004 vette shouldnt be running his mouth:idea:

Today, I went to the track with our 2011 Mustang GT auto.

Only new mod was our aluminum 1-piece driveshaft. Previous mods were Stainless Works Headers, Catted Mid-Pipe, and Catback, 4.10 Ring & Pinion, Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune, and skinnies/drag radials.

The car still has the stock airbox and no suspension mods other than a swaybar relocation bracket.

The next mods will be a converter and CAI.

The weather was better than previously

Density Altitude - 1939
Air Temp - 76 Degrees F
Barometric Pressure - 29.97 Inches Hg
Relative Humidity - 48%

Best ET 11.69 @ 117.55 mph

Vettes, be afraid, very afraid

It's sad when we have to compare a Mustang to a Corvette. The camaro has failed in so many levels:nonono:

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
You might be talking about me as it is a known fact that I hate the 5.duh.

"Jealosy", hardly, I drive a z06 that will put a hurting on any 5.slow in any type of situation (mod for mod of course)..... I dislike the car because of its morronic following associated with it. :bash:

We know there is not a MORONIC Z06 following? By the way did they issue

you a Dictionary with your wicked fast Z06?

Understand this.....as Mustangs stay popular Chevy must counter with Camaro and thus the higher end Corvette is produced as well.

Maybe you should stop acting so Jealous(?) and embrace the HP wars between Chevy and Ford.

I liked when the new Crapmaros came out because I knew Ford would counter the oversized, too heavy, awful looking rearended camaros.

Now the Z28 will be built

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
i guess we can see that way, or, ls7 > 5.0 4v, 5.4, 4.6 :shrug:
either way :beer: f' all that and run what u brung, how about that :rockon:

i guess we can see it this way......

5.4 4v @ Xpsi> ls7>4.6 4v @ 8psi > 5.0 4v > LS3,LS2,LS1 > 4.6 2v.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
you can never have a fair comparison to the mustang. The vette always has a larger motor (always the z06) than the mustang. Then you scream mod for mod. How about this. Given a set amount to go fast say $60,000 (that is a lot of money to some) to buy a new car and get it ready to perform in an event. You can get a shelby svt and even add quite a few mods and be ready to dominate. With 7-8 grand you can upgrade the entire supercharger bringing 700+ to the rear wheels and make suspension upgrades. Race day your ready for the comp. You can not even get a new vette that has been rotting away on the lot for the last year for that. I brough my Z06 in 2006 for 65,000 and that took 3 weeks of negotations. I dominated for about 7 to 8 months of smack talking. Well the termi's started proving they could be modded and withstand the abuse. Next thing you know I am getting beat by cars that cost 32-35K with about 5 grands in mods. Sure they were modded but I spend 65K just to get beat by a stang. I am a diehard for fan but I just wanted a vette so bad to say that I had one. It's a great handling car. Drove like it was on rails. I only added exhaust and had problems with warranty when there was an actual TSB on the rocker arms. Hello you know there is a problem and your suppose to fix it but you tell me that since it has exhaust i'm not covered. Car was never tuned because I was saving for the heads and cam. I got rid of it and I do miss the drive but you can not compare a car that cost 30,000 grand more by sticker. I know noone pays sticker but look at the sticker of the stang (52,700) loaded. Vette (81,500) loaded. One would think that for that price no one shoud by something 30K cheaper and do a few bolt ons and drive around you but it happens. I have watched my brother handle some Z06's real greasy. Made one guy blow his up about a few weeks ago. Now he does have quite a bit of money in his but I look forward to seeing how I stack up against them when I'm done. I have a 12K budget and I will be under it when finally done. Mustangs are unique because you can make them your own. Every vette looks alike besides the paint. It was funny because most seen me in the vette (31yrs old) and thought it was my father's car lol. I guess the vette is meant for the old that want to enjoy the last years of their life. The stang is for those that are making things happen everyday and looking for the next big improvment. Just my .0001 cents worth:shrug:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
you can never have a fair comparison to the mustang. The vette always has a larger motor (always the z06) than the mustang. Then you scream mod for mod. How about this. Given a set amount to go fast say $60,000 (that is a lot of money to some) to buy a new car and get it ready to perform in an event. You can get a shelby svt and even add quite a few mods and be ready to dominate. With 7-8 grand you can upgrade the entire supercharger bringing 700+ to the rear wheels and make suspension upgrades. Race day your ready for the comp. You can not even get a new vette that has been rotting away on the lot for the last year for that. I brough my Z06 in 2006 for 65,000 and that took 3 weeks of negotations. I dominated for about 7 to 8 months of smack talking. Well the termi's started proving they could be modded and withstand the abuse. Next thing you know I am getting beat by cars that cost 32-35K with about 5 grands in mods. Sure they were modded but I spend 65K just to get beat by a stang. I am a diehard for fan but I just wanted a vette so bad to say that I had one. It's a great handling car. Drove like it was on rails. I only added exhaust and had problems with warranty when there was an actual TSB on the rocker arms. Hello you know there is a problem and your suppose to fix it but you tell me that since it has exhaust i'm not covered. Car was never tuned because I was saving for the heads and cam. I got rid of it and I do miss the drive but you can not compare a car that cost 30,000 grand more by sticker. I know noone pays sticker but look at the sticker of the stang (52,700) loaded. Vette (81,500) loaded. One would think that for that price no one shoud by something 30K cheaper and do a few bolt ons and drive around you but it happens. I have watched my brother handle some Z06's real greasy. Made one guy blow his up about a few weeks ago. Now he does have quite a bit of money in his but I look forward to seeing how I stack up against them when I'm done. I have a 12K budget and I will be under it when finally done. Mustangs are unique because you can make them your own. Every vette looks alike besides the paint. It was funny because most seen me in the vette (31yrs old) and thought it was my father's car lol. I guess the vette is meant for the old that want to enjoy the last years of their life. The stang is for those that are making things happen everyday and looking for the next big improvment. Just my .0001 cents worth:shrug:

holy wall of text.

you make a good point though

Monster Mach

Established Member
iv only seen a 5.0 run a 13.5 in person... and that was the fastest manual at the track... usually they were running 13.7... thats not even enough to hang with my mach... i love the cars dont get me wrong.... but people only mags are getting the ets that they are said to get.

jgheels2003

Established Member
Nice kill!

Having driven a stock Cobra before, owned a ported and pullied version, and now a new 5.0:

Hasn't anyone learned by now with the myriad of kill stories over the years that make little superficial sense at first that individual races often times don't always turn out the way they are expected? Driver inexperience, extra passenger, and probable automatic transmission would explain the car lengths. 2 six speeds, driver only, equal skill, probably a drivers race with the tiny edge to the GT if done multiple times.

BTW, why ruin a thread by bringing up Corvettes?? :)))

jgheels2003

Established Member
iv only seen a 5.0 run a 13.5 in person... and that was the fastest manual at the track... usually they were running 13.7... thats not even enough to hang with my mach... i love the cars dont get me wrong.... but people only mags are getting the ets that they are said to get.

Yeah you should definitely base your opinion on a few runs within the few couple months the car has been available to the general public....

Its no different with any other car dude, people need seat time, and experience.

jgheels2003

Established Member
i based my opinion apon 5 different 5.0s at mir all doing the exact same thing

If that suits you, that's great.

Get back to me a year from now when a few hundred more report back from different tracks, with different conditions, etc etc.

Another thing, magazine testers may be outliers in many cases, but I guarantee you they never got a bone stock Mach to run anywhere near new 5.0 times/traps. The GT has the power to run much faster...and it will.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Just like the Cobras do not run 113+ on average. I think the 115 mph comes from one thread where a stock GT ran those times but I believe there was an error with the et system.

But let's see here, the GT puts more rwhp on average than a Cobra. Has better gearing with less weight, you do the math. Anything can happen on the street, yes. Just dont consider it the normal.

This is true, but peak numbers don't mean anything. An Cobra makes much more torque/rwhp in the low/mid range and the 5.0 has it beat up top. An 03/04 Cobra also has superior aerodynamics, .34 v .38 as I mentioned before over the 5.0.

In my opinion, it's a drivers race at speeds to 120mph. After that, I can see an 03/04 Cobra slowly easing away.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
not to jump in the vettes bandwagon, but we are talking about a c5 zo6, which last year production was 2004, (i'm sure you know that) which the mustang gt in that year was nowhere close to make the power of a c5z, if we really want to compare those 2 cars "in factory and with boltons" as you said, the fair and logical thing to do would be doing it from the same years, don't you think?, technology isn't the same nowadays as it was back in 04.
sorry o.p, (i see where this could get off topic) nice kill

Your statement would still put the Mustang FAR behind. 7.0L LS7 > 5.0 4V and 5.4 4V............ 6.2L Supercharged LS9 > 5.0L 4V and 5.4 4V..............6.2L Supercharged LSA > 5.0L 4V and 5.4L 4V

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Your statement would still put the Mustang FAR behind. 7.0L LS7 > 5.0 4V and 5.4 4V............ 6.2L Supercharged LS9 > 5.0L 4V and 5.4 4V..............6.2L Supercharged LSA > 5.0L 4V and 5.4L 4V

supersnake 5.4 4V > LSA or LS9

end of line......

Users who are viewing this thread