Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Its no different with any other car dude, people need seat time, and experience.[/QUOTE]

You don't need seat time to drive a car. You need to be a racer. Pedal to the floor watch the tach. Shift right at redline. Next gear reapeat. I have driven many cars at the track back to back the same day. I have jumped out of camaro's into mustangs. From my vette to my brother's gt500. It's not rocket science. If you need to drive a car around for 6 months getting use to it then your not a driver.:bash:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
i guess we can see it this way......

5.4 4v @ Xpsi> ls7>4.6 4v @ 8psi > 5.0 4v > LS3,LS2,LS1 > 4.6 2v.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

C6 LS3 > 5.0 4V

What you're failing to realize is that, while the 5.0 makes as much power as a 6.2 LS3 up top, the only factor keeping the 5.0 competitive is its gearing to help it down low.

3.73 geared LS3 SS > 5.0L 3.73 gearing

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Its no different with any other car dude, people need seat time, and experience.

[/QUOTE] You don't need seat time to drive a car. You need to be a racer. Pedal to the floor watch the tach. Shift right at redline. Next gear reapeat. I have driven many cars at the track back to back the same day. I have jumped out of camaro's into mustangs. From my vette to my brother's gt500. It's not rocket science. If you need to drive a car around for 6 months getting use to it then your not a driver.:bash:[/QUOTE]

I've never heard so much garbage in my life. Shift at redline, LOL. I've gotten my best track times shifting at 6700rpms in 1st, 6900 in 2nd and 7100 in 3rd and my rev-limiter is set at 7200. In my C5, my best times have came with shift points in 1st at 6500, 2nd at 6700 and 3rd at 6800 and I have the rev-limiter set at 7000.

You do need seat time to learn a car; how the clutch grabs, optimal launch rpm & shift points, etc. Try going from a stock LS6 or LS7 clutch to a Spec 3+ with an aluminum flywheel.

The reason you have had terminators smash your Z06 is because you can't drive it because you've never taken the time to learn it.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
With all due respect to Vette's, they are nice cars and I will have a Z06 someday, and your car is badass.... but this pedigree stuff is nonsense.

First...its a 2 seater made out of plastic. It better perform. Therefore, mod-for-mod condition is weak.

Secondly, for years the streets were flooded with blood from the asses of helpless Vette owners who got walked by fox body LX's every single night. Where we used to race, most Vette's would stay parked or act as lookouts while a dozen or so fox bodies would line up. You couldn't get a Vette owner to even rev his engine.

Things are a little different now with Vettes performing as they do, but there was a time when Vette owners wanted no part of a bone stock 5.0 LX. The pedigree of a Vette wasn't instilling any confidence. And that pedigree doesn't erase the humiliation either. So I don't see where pedigree, if there is any, holds any water if performance on the street matters. Exclusivity doesn't either if you ever watched Mecum....there are just as many high dollar Mustangs as there are Vette's.

"For years the streets were flooded with blood from the asses...." LOL ... are you serious? You sure sound like you are living in your own fairy tale world.
Maybe you should start writing children books.
With all due respect.

Dont let the fact that most vette owners get their car without knowing how to drive it properly and to its upmost potential trick you my friend. Not all guys that drive vettes are tools that live up to the hype and use their car to extend their penis size.

And as far as the comparison... thats why Im not comparing my car to the highest end mustang, instead a 5.0 which is damn near the bottom of the barrel.

Your car is like comparing the GT to an M3....oh wait:lol1:

Yeah thats what is funny and rediculous. Comparing the mustang gt to an M3 and a c5z06.... There is more to a car than just the #s buddy. :read:

Here is where your philosophy is flawed, so since the M3 is faster around a track than a LAMBORGINI GALLARDO SPIDER (according to TOP GEAR track results) then that must mean that the M3 is comparable...... Please kindly GTFO!

Because Gm doesnt offer anythign to compete! Comparing it to the SS would be boring:bored:

Then someone with a 2004 vette shouldnt be running his mouth:idea:

Today, I went to the track with our 2011 Mustang GT auto.

Only new mod was our aluminum 1-piece driveshaft. Previous mods were Stainless Works Headers, Catted Mid-Pipe, and Catback, 4.10 Ring & Pinion, Livernois Motorsports Dyno Tune, and skinnies/drag radials.

The car still has the stock airbox and no suspension mods other than a swaybar relocation bracket.

The next mods will be a converter and CAI.

The weather was better than previously

Density Altitude - 1939
Air Temp - 76 Degrees F
Barometric Pressure - 29.97 Inches Hg
Relative Humidity - 48%

Best ET 11.69 @ 117.55 mph

Vettes, be afraid, very afraid

It's sad when we have to compare a Mustang to a Corvette. The camaro has failed in so many levels:nonono:

Afraid of what? Dont make me laught... My car without the aluminum DS, without the 4'10s, with out the drag radials and skinnies that that gt has is trapping in the 119-120's (I do have CAI though).

Like it or not the camaro IS the competition to the gt, perriod.

We know there is not a MORONIC Z06 following? By the way did they issue

you a Dictionary with your wicked fast Z06?

Understand this.....as Mustangs stay popular Chevy must counter with Camaro and thus the higher end Corvette is produced as well.

Maybe you should stop acting so Jealous(?) and embrace the HP wars between Chevy and Ford.

I liked when the new Crapmaros came out because I knew Ford would counter the oversized, too heavy, awful looking rearended camaros.

Now the Z28 will be built

Aww.. Really? All you got is spelling on me? Tsk Tsk Tsk :nono:

Jealous of what a gt? GTFO of here.... Im actually very happy that the 5.0 happened, that way ill get to crush more feelings and hopeless fantasies at the traffic lights and HWs..

No buddy you have it all wrong....

Let Smeagol show you the way... LS9>LS7>5.4 4v SC>LS3>LS6,4.6 4v SC>5.0 4v>LS1,4.6 4v,4.6 3v>4.6 2v (Obviously Im talking about the whole package not just the engine)

you can never have a fair comparison to the mustang. The vette always has a larger motor (always the z06) than the mustang. Then you scream mod for mod. How about this. Given a set amount to go fast say $60,000 (that is a lot of money to some) to buy a new car and get it ready to perform in an event. You can get a shelby svt and even add quite a few mods and be ready to dominate. With 7-8 grand you can upgrade the entire supercharger bringing 700+ to the rear wheels and make suspension upgrades. Race day your ready for the comp. You can not even get a new vette that has been rotting away on the lot for the last year for that. I brough my Z06 in 2006 for 65,000 and that took 3 weeks of negotations. I dominated for about 7 to 8 months of smack talking. Well the termi's started proving they could be modded and withstand the abuse. Next thing you know I am getting beat by cars that cost 32-35K with about 5 grands in mods. Sure they were modded but I spend 65K just to get beat by a stang. I am a diehard for fan but I just wanted a vette so bad to say that I had one. It's a great handling car. Drove like it was on rails. I only added exhaust and had problems with warranty when there was an actual TSB on the rocker arms. Hello you know there is a problem and your suppose to fix it but you tell me that since it has exhaust i'm not covered. Car was never tuned because I was saving for the heads and cam. I got rid of it and I do miss the drive but you can not compare a car that cost 30,000 grand more by sticker. I know noone pays sticker but look at the sticker of the stang (52,700) loaded. Vette (81,500) loaded. One would think that for that price no one shoud by something 30K cheaper and do a few bolt ons and drive around you but it happens. I have watched my brother handle some Z06's real greasy. Made one guy blow his up about a few weeks ago. Now he does have quite a bit of money in his but I look forward to seeing how I stack up against them when I'm done. I have a 12K budget and I will be under it when finally done. Mustangs are unique because you can make them your own. Every vette looks alike besides the paint. It was funny because most seen me in the vette (31yrs old) and thought it was my father's car lol. I guess the vette is meant for the old that want to enjoy the last years of their life. The stang is for those that are making things happen everyday and looking for the next big improvment. Just my .0001 cents worth:shrug:

It sounds to me from your story that you were one of those guys. By that I mean the guy that buys the Corvette "just to say you own it" the type of guy that never learns to drive it properly and squeezes every ounce of potential the car actually has. Then you bitch and complain when you dont get your way at the stealership and let that experience blind you into developing dislike for your ride.
Then you felt the need to move on to the next best thing or so you thought....

Im glad that you decided to cross over to the mustang world again that way we have less guys like you adding to the corvette owners cheese ball reputation..

Just my 2 cents....:shrug:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't need seat time to drive a car. You need to be a racer. Pedal to the floor watch the tach. Shift right at redline. Next gear reapeat. I have driven many cars at the track back to back the same day. I have jumped out of camaro's into mustangs. From my vette to my brother's gt500. It's not rocket science. If you need to drive a car around for 6 months getting use to it then your not a driver.:bash:

Wow, this just totally supports my theory about you, no wonder.

You sound just too fast too furious.

Of course you need seat time, there are so many variables that you need to get used to when you jump from car to car to maximaze its performance.

Its like having sex with a woman, the more you do it with her the more you will know how to rock her world!

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member

....i don't think that's entirely true....

this may be a poor example but during magazine testing, the drivers who write about the car spend a good 1-2 days behind the wheel (if not more) , to really get to know the car and its optimal shift points. hence getting 1/4 times that we're like "huh?..how'd they do that?"
i agree 6 months is ridiculous...but you do need seat time to learn the car. if all cars were built the same, we'd be in Russia. :-D

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
....i don't think that's entirely true....

this may be a poor example but during magazine testing, the drivers who write about the car spend a good 1-2 days behind the wheel (if not more) , to really get to know the car and its optimal shift points. hence getting 1/4 times that we're like "huh?..how'd they do that?"
i agree 6 months is ridiculous...but you do need seat time to learn the car. if all cars were built the same, we'd be in Russia. :-D

That quote you quoted is not from NA_Cobra it is from Dirtyo2000.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Its no different with any other car dude, people need seat time, and experience.

I've never heard so much garbage in my life. Shift at redline, LOL. I've gotten my best track times shifting at 6700rpms in 1st, 6900 in 2nd and 7100 in 3rd and my rev-limiter is set at 7200. In my C5, my best times have came with shift points in 1st at 6500, 2nd at 6700 and 3rd at 6800 and I have the rev-limiter set at 7000.

You do need seat time to learn a car; how the clutch grabs, optimal launch rpm & shift points, etc. Try going from a stock LS6 or LS7 clutch to a Spec 3+ with an aluminum flywheel.

The reason you have had terminators smash your Z06 is because you can't drive it because you've never taken the time to learn it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I know what you mean man, there is no denying that the gt is an awsome performer. But comparing it to cars that are on a different class is ridiculous hence my example.

Like I said, that same M3 out performed a LAMBO at the TOP GEAR test track, now does that mean that the two are comparable?

NO...

I have heard guys swinging from the 5.0s nuts saying "C6Z06 watch out!" or even comparing it to a ZR1 when its supercharged and so on....

Instead of trying to hype up the 5.0 with cars that are clearly on another level they should be content that it does what it does well and just let it be....

The competition for the 5.0 is the SS, like it or not.

Last edited:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Let Smeagol show you the way... LS9>LS7>5.4 4v SC>LS3>LS6,4.6 4v SC>5.0 4v>LS1,4.6 4v,4.6 3v>4.6 2v (Obviously Im talking about the whole package not just the engine)

5.4 4v supersnake = 725hp = stock KING!!!!!!!
LS9 = 638HP
LSA = 559HP
5.4 4V(2011GT500) = 550HP
LS7 = 505HP
6.2 BOSS = 500HP
5.0 BOSS 302 = 440HP
LS3 = 426HP/436HP VETTE
BOSS 315 5.4 4V = 422HP
5.0 COYOTE = 412HP
6.2 TRUCK = 411HP
LS6 = 405HP
LS2 = 400HP
LS1 = 350HP
4.6 4V = 320HP
4.6 3V = 315HP
5.4 3V 310HP
4.6 2V = 260HP

BY THE NUMBERS...... Smeagol

the ls3 comment about being faster is crap too.

in 1st gear at 5000rpm drop the two motors will rev throught the rpm range, where the LS3 has an advantage.

2nd
3rd
4th
5th........if i shift the coyote in its rpm bad at 7200 it NEVER drops out of maximum kilowatts. in other words both engines are making the same hp at the wheels. the LS3's 20 percent low end advantage lasts for 3 seconds, then means nothing.

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member

Micheal Tymensky (Modular Performance) - 9.36 @ 143.12 ( 2001 COBRA 4V 5.0 )

you sure :thumbsup: i think this little 5.0 will give a 7.0 some problems :rolling:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
5.4 4v supersnake = 725hp = stock KING!!!!!!!
LS9 = 638HP
LSA = 559HP
5.4 4V(2011GT500) = 550HP
LS7 = 505HP
6.2 BOSS = 500HP
5.0 BOSS 302 = 440HP
LS3 = 426HP/436HP VETTE
BOSS 315 5.4 4V = 422HP
5.0 COYOTE = 412HP
6.2 TRUCK = 411HP
LS6 = 405HP
LS2 = 400HP
LS1 = 350HP
4.6 4V = 320HP
4.6 3V = 315HP
5.4 3V 310HP
4.6 2V = 260HP

BY THE NUMBERS...... Smeagol

Im guessing reading comprehension ownes you?

Let me see if I can make it more clear for you..

LS9>LS7>5.4 4v SC>LS3>LS6,4.6 4v SC>5.0 4v>LS1,4.6 4v,4.6 3v>4.6 2v (Obviously Im talking about the whole package not just the engine)

I also think is funny how you had to use all those limited production special edition stangs to make it seem like your list is spearheaded by the stangs.... Pathetic

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
For the morons that think the car was a 2010 GT, Pound sand please :p

Do you really believe a 2010 GT would stay within a couple of cars of a Stock Cobra? Are you cereal?

A Car that runs high 13's on average, and traps MAYBE 105 on a good day, compared to a car that with little effort will run flat 13's (with a mediocre driver) and mid-high 12's with good driving, and trap 112-114? How the hell does that make sense?

Do you also forget, that a Cobra is a top end monster? The GT does not get the Low end TQ the Cobra does at Lower RPMs, and does not have the power band at those speeds the Cobra has.

It is a drivers race yes. However, is every driver in the GT going to be perfect? Should the GT win because some of you are obvious nutswingers, and because it is super fast? Again, it is a Driver's race. What is so hard to believe that a GT with 2 people in it with a "somewhat" decent driver, VS a Stock Cobra, with 1 person in it, with a good driver would lose?

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
I also think is funny how you had to use all those limited production special edition stangs to make it seem like your list is spearheaded by the stangs.... Pathetic

NO shit!

there's Ford motors i didnt even know existed!

learned something new today.

when did the BOSS motor come out?

Users who are viewing this thread