Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
hell, id take the porsche 911 turbo if i could afford it. screw the rest.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
qualify this or that, but the supersnake makes morepower. a lot more power. and its not a 'tuner' car. its an available option to any GT500.

is it slower than anything else? 10's with tires. not really very slow.

i can use extremism as well as anyone to make a point.

Last edited:

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
FWIW, when I bought my Cobra in 08, it had a K&N FIPK and a Borla Catback, and was untuned, it made 411/399 on a Dynojet in Las Vegas Heat and Altitude. After it was tuned it made 432 rwhp, with same other mods.

My point is that when you make an engine as complex as the ford 4v is, you are more likely to get Freaks. It is completely plausible, that the op's car just happens to be a freak.

It is also plausible that any number of the excuses put forth for the 5.0 are true.

The driver makes all the difference, I ran a pullied terminator in my intake/exhaust/tune 06 GT once and was within a car length at 100, in a 0-100 race. The driver is key.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, I was going to say, I just looked it up and the 725hp Super Snake went 10s@134mph lol.

2008 Shelby Super Snake - Run Time - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords

"This worked well, as the Shelby dug in with minimal spin and with lots of g-force. A quick "lift-shift" into Second kept the Mickeys glued and all 4,120 pounds accelerating hard. At 6,100 rpm I powershifted into Third gear, and then Fourth moments later. Once in high gear, the performance was evident and the Super Snake ate up terra firma at a great rate. The improved launch and smooth Second gear exchange got us to the stripe in 10.870 seconds at 134.14 mph. We were in the 10s with 4,120 pounds of Shelby Mustang in full street trim, and with the engine gulping 93-octane pump gas."

While the Super Snake is cool as a powerful collectible GT500; it's not nearly on the same level as the ZR1 in terms of overall performance.

2010 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake Specs - Motor Trend

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
qualify this or that, but the supersnake makes morepower. a lot more power. and its not a 'tuner' car. its an available option to any GT500.

is it slower than anything else? 10's with tires. not really very slow.

i can use extremism as well as anyone to make a point.

Actually, it is a tuner car. The 725 SS is a GT500 with a KB and no warranty.

It leaves the factory as a regular GT500 and then it's modified. While it is a badass car, I've never been a fan of them. I'd rather save $60,000 and just buy a regular GT500 and mod it. It's just an overpriced Mustang for collectors.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
ZYBORG, Z06s are gay...your gay lol! Go easy on um! Nice kill to the OP!

Ahh... No you didnt!

Why dont you worry about supping up your weak ported cobra a little more so that next time you can return the ass whooping my "gay" Z06 gave you the last time we raced... :D

Oh BTW feel free to PM me that hot little blond chicks number that you dated before you got back with your wife so I can show her all my "gayness" in its full glory!

LOL.... :beer:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I see that, but come on man, I shouldn't even have to tell you that those numbers are wrong. :D

Motor trend trapped 118mph in a stock 2010 GT500 last year against the Camaro. Do you seriously think they could only trap 2mph more with 210hp more. :lol1:

They must have put the 1/4 mile times from the less powerful KR on that page.

All variables being the same, both cars on tires, the C6ZR1 will take the Shelby GT500 SS from a dig and especially from a roll to 180mph. And in the end, you still have a factory stock C6ZR1 spanking on a Tuner and KB car.

Last edited:

Ubergeist

Established Member
I do not doubt the Term pulling on the new 5.0

There have been afew 5.0s at US41 and they have been trapping 106.

My cobra trapped 110 bone stock at the same trap. Hot lapping runs I will was still trapping 108 and higher.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I do not doubt the Term pulling on the new 5.0

There have been afew 5.0s at US41 and they have been trapping 106.

My cobra trapped 110 bone stock at the same trap. Hot lapping runs I will was still trapping 108 and higher.

There have been 5.0s at my local track going low 13s @ 108-109mph

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
All variables being the same, both cars on tires, the C6ZR1 will take the Shelby GT500 SS from a dig and especially from a roll to 180mph. And in the end, you still have a factory stock C6ZR1 spanking on a Tuner and KB car.

Ok, cool. I'm not really trying to compare the two. I showed you what the 725hp SS has run, (10.8s@134mph) and I guess I really don't need to explain to you why it's not a low 12 second car.

It IS a tuner car, I agree, and it is also a 4000lb Mustang. I also already agreed that the ZR1 is a superior car. You guys can debate that one. :sleeping:

Last edited:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Ahh... No you didnt!

Why dont you worry about supping up your weak ported cobra a little more so that next time you can return the ass whooping my "gay" Z06 gave you the last time we raced... :D

Oh BTW feel free to PM me that hot little blond chicks number that you dated before you got back with your wife so I can show her all my "gayness" in its full glory!

LOL.... :beer:

She was brunette! See that old age Z06ness is catching up to you! And dont worry the cobra will be in running conditions next time its in the states, Saving up money this deployment! You wont even be in my rearview :burnout: lol! That is if I dont trade it in for a 5.0!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
She was brunette! See that old age Z06ness is catching up to you! And dont worry the cobra will be in running conditions next time its in the states, Saving up money this deployment! You wont even be in my rearview :burnout: lol! That is if I dont trade it in for a 5.0!

Lol, I remembered dirty blond but whatever....

TT I hope cause KB and/or whipple is not enough to make me dissapear..

Oh no, not you too with this 5.slow shit, keep the COBRA man.... it just needs some love. If you get the 5.0 Ill still be showing you tail lights man...

:rockon:

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I had a hurt cobra last time we raced thank you lol! And yea this kid on the way is messing up my car plans but I guess thats what happens...damn kids lol! I'm just going with a 2.3 whipple and building the 8.8 and tranny. Then thats it! Atleast I hope, and I'm starting to like the 5.0, I dont think I could get rid of my cobra though!

And no Jamie had dark brown hair, and shes gotta dude now I think, sorry bro lol! She doesnt like 26yr olds going through their mid life crisis with their vettes and gator skin shoes lol! :beer:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a hurt cobra last time we raced thank you lol! And yea this kid on the way is messing up my car plans but I guess thats what happens...damn kids lol! I'm just going with a 2.3 whipple and building the 8.8 and tranny. Then thats it! Atleast I hope, and I'm starting to like the 5.0, I dont think I could get rid of my cobra though!

And no Jamie had dark brown hair, and shes gotta dude now I think, sorry bro lol! She doesnt like 26yr olds going through their mid life crisis with their vettes and gator skin shoes lol! :beer:

Hurt cobra, lol, excuses, excuses.....

You having a kid? Wow, congrats! When is it going to be due? Boy or girl?

The whipple will be a great addition for your car!

Dont fall into the hype for the 5.0, keep the cobra. If you proceed with the plans it will destroy virtually any 5.0 that you go up against. Plus your car is almost paid off and looks better (at least to me).

Jamie, huh? I had forgotten her name. Im sure she wouldnt mind me, gator shoes and everything, its just part of the awsome package that is me. Why not let her decide. Lol.... :banana:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You having a kid? Wow, congrats! When is it going to be due? Boy or girl?

Jamie, huh? I had forgotten her name. Im sure she wouldnt mind me, gator shoes and everything, its just part of the awsome package that is me. Why not let her decide. Lol.... :banana:

Hey old man, us young kids these days got fascinating devices called telephones, you can put it to your ear and have personal conversations with other folks. This world wide web internet messaging forum also has this advanced technological feature called private messaging.

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up, I know you old farts in Corvettes aren't with the times. :banana: :pepper:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey old man, us young kids these days got fascinating devices called telephones, you can put it to your ear and have personal conversations with other folks. This world wide web internet messaging forum also has this advanced technological feature called private messaging.

Just thought I'd give you a heads-up, I know you old farts in Corvettes aren't with the times. :banana: :pepper:

Im not falling for that hype, the so called "cell phone", I hear it gives you cancer anyway. And as far as PMs, those get lost in the translation....

But thanks for your concern.... :thumbsup:

03snakeminated

Established Member
lol, hey zyborg this Root1022 is the one in the vids with the ported cobra that couldn't beat you, damn Jose's pullied cobra vert did better, didn't he...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Im not falling for that hype, the so called "cell phone", I hear it gives you cancer anyway. And as far as PMs, those get lost in the translation....

But thanks for your concern.... :thumbsup:

ha ha, you're welcome. I respect my elders and do my best to get them through these crazy times!

lol, hey zyborg this Root1022 is the one in the vids with the ported cobra that couldn't beat you, damn Jose's pullied cobra vert did better, didn't he...

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread