Boost A Pump Wiring???

try03venom

Established Member
So connect red to violet as shown and cut the black wires down to 6“ and solder together then insulate. So just run BAP with knob on max setting all the time?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Most people cut the RCA looking cable that goes to the "knob controller" down to a few inches and solders them together.

Actually I've never seen one that uses the controller to be honest with you.

try03venom

Established Member
Well that's good now I won't have to run any wires to the engine bay or drivers seat area cause they get cut. Just hook it up and cover it back up with the truck mat and forget about it!

try03venom

Established Member
ok doing this now I cut the rca speaker wire and boost referance wire each have red and black do i connect black to black and red to red?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
No, red and black outta one loom together and red and black outta the other. Just like they think a sensor is there but no resistance aka maxed out.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Bump on this, do you guys NOT use the boost reference then? You just run the pumps at increased voltage all the time? Or you just don't use the controller? I thought the BAP uses a hobbs switch and increases voltage under boost?

kaane

Established Member
Anyone else running it with no knob or pressure switch?

Any idle issues? is the loud running at that voltage all the time? Anyone had a failure?

CPRsm

Nope, that's how I run them all. Bypassed hobbs and dial. Only notice a higher pitched prime before start, that's it

stang910

Established Member
I'm running mine without those and it works fine with no issues. It's in the spare tire well so I never hear it.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Nope, that's how I run them all. Bypassed hobbs and dial. Only notice a higher pitched prime before start, that's it

Is this how most shops set them up? I know I want to get a BAP, ID1000s and E85. I know absolutely nothing about BAPs lol.

mtrsprt

Established Member
It looks like there's two ways of installing the BAP in this thread. One under the center of the car, and the typical in the trunk way (easier?).

I need to install my BAP today, and would like to know if I can splice it into the wire harness that sits in my spare tire well of my 2013 Boss. The module down on the back of the spare tire well is an FPDM I assume for both pumps? Do these cars still have a rollover/inertia switch??

mtrsprt

Established Member
Bringing this back up. I have tried a regular 17V BAP, and now the JMS unit. Going from charging system voltage to 21V, is only giving me about 400RPM more headroom, and still showing leaning starting around 6900RPM. We can't figure out why my fuel pump isn't responding well to the voltage increases. I had both BAP units soldered correctly to the Violet/green feed line in the correctly polarity, and grounded my hobbs switch to read output voltage, which was reading correctly..... Basically the same wiring picture that is posted, just much neater. Any ideas???? Even with a larger compressor pulley, (Around 625rwhp), it still tries to start leaning out up top....

Users who are viewing this thread