Bought a car, guy wont ship title??

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Thanks for all the info, I will keep you guys posted. Also he is semi local, we both had to drive about an hour, me north him south. The car was at a buddies warehouse and thats where we met. I have no idea where the guy lives that i purchased my car from, He just said north of tampa. I hope i dont get screwed on this

YOU PICKED THE CAR UP FROM "A BUDDY'S WAREHOUSE"????

with no title in hand and no bill of sale??

I think you just got ****ed

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Sounds like you bought a stolen car. The time I bought a car from a guy with a lien, the bank was more than happy to forward the title to me and let him sign it over at the bank.

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
It took me 2 months to get the title for my cobra because the guy was delinquent on paying off the lien. I bought the car for less than what he owed on it. I had a bill of sale for it though. Good luck on your situation man, hopefully you don't get screwed.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Why are you ignoring the same question everyone is asking???

Do you have a bill of sale?

flS/R

Established Member
there are many things that you have mentioned that sound like you might be getting hosed. If you are afraid to go to the police, then at least do a carfax to get some info about the car.

did the seller happen to be this guy??

22377_1162497431163_1489676646_30347635_545863_n.jpg

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
YOU PICKED THE CAR UP FROM "A BUDDY'S WAREHOUSE"????

with no title in hand and no bill of sale??

I think you just got ****ed

Yes car was parked in a building, car had a lien so title is held by the bank, and i never said i didnt have a bill of sale? But Now there's a few people in here saying it took a good 2 months to get their titles?

Last edited:

hittinboost

Established Member
Yes car was parked in a building, car had a lien so title is held by the bank, and i never said i didnt have a bill of sale? But Now there's a few people in here saying it took a good 2 months to get their titles?
You never said you didn't have a bill of sale, but you never said that you DO have one either. So which is it???

Quik Z06

Established Member
Do you have the registration? That would have the previous owners address...

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
I just sold my 2002 Saleen that had a lien on it. Navy Federal sent me the title after the guy paid it off at the bank. I signed it and sent it overnight to the new owner. Now I just purchased a truck from Louisiana. I got 2 bill of sale's one notorized by the DMV in Louisiana. I take no chances since I don't have the title in hand yet.

OP you want help, but why are you side stepping a easy "DID YOU GET A BILL OF SALE?" question.

boatcop1

Established Member
I was just curious, i read this whole thread and i dont think anyone asked you; Do you have a Bill Of Sale for the purchase? I hope so buddy. Good luck.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Sounds like you bought a stolen car. The time I bought a car from a guy with a lien, the bank was more than happy to forward the title to me and let him sign it over at the bank.

How could it be stolen we both went to the bank, and paid the car off that was in his name?

Users who are viewing this thread