Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The car's not stolen....YET.

You better get lojack.

Does he have your address???

or if the seller reports it stolen now that the buyer has paid it off for him.

make friends with a LEO, they can get you the sellers info :thumbsup:

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
I think you're lying which is why you avoided the question so many times. You feel stupid for not getting one. Only one way to prove it, lets see the bill of sale.

never avoided, i posted 2 times on the first page and got asked the same question 25 times inbetween? ALso my brother inlaw is a cop, im gonna see if he can find me an address

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
never avoided, i posted 2 times on the first page and got asked the same question 25 times inbetween? ALso my brother inlaw is a cop, im gonna see if he can find me an address

that should have been your first move before posting up here. you're lucky to have a cop in the family. now get to it! :poke::thumbsup:

finaliize

Established Member
Transaction was not done properly. I just bought my Cobra this way and my bank required the owner to sign an agreement and power of attorney form stating that we are paying off his lien and the title is coming straight to us.. whoever did your transaction or if you did it yourself..handled it poorly

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Transaction was not done properly. I just bought my Cobra this way and my bank required the owner to sign an agreement and power of attorney form stating that we are paying off his lien and the title is coming straight to us.. whoever did your transaction or if you did it yourself..handled it poorly

I bet you also got a bill of sale.

Satyr

Established Member

I have been on the buying and selling end of these same scenarios. I have always used POAs to assure both parties of the transaction's outcome.

Good luck, OP.

finaliize

Established Member
I bet you also got a bill of sale.

I have been on the buying and selling end of these same scenarios. I have always used POAs to assure both parties of the transaction's outcome.

Good luck, OP.

Yes, copies of the Bill of Sale signed by both parties.. and 2 power of attorney forms, along with the signed agreement by the seller. Agreeing to pay off a lien and putting trust that the seller will send it to you is too much of a risk. It takes a simple piece of paper and a signature to have the title go straight to your bank, then to your hands. I contacted a seller on SVTP who lives in New Orleans, on a Friday. I had all paperwork complete and the car in my hands the following Friday. My bank will call me when the title is here, so I can go get a permanent tag and ditch this temp tag.

Honestly I don't know what I would do if I was the OP but I would be pretty cautious that the seller could report the car stolen. If there is no bill of sale this could be a serious problem..

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
lol u guys are nuts, i have a bill of sale

No you don't, stop lying.

never avoided, i posted 2 times on the first page and got asked the same question 25 times inbetween?

And after the 1st post, you would think if everyone asked you the same question 25 times, your next post would contain the answer to that question.

So I'll ask again...

Do you have a bill of sales?

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
OP, do you have a bill of sale? didnt read the first 2 pages but as long as you have that you are good, just need to call the bank.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
To many clowns around these days! Bank was called and they said they held the cashier check for 2 weeks before releasing the title and we should have it in 7 days? fml this is taking a forever, Ill never buy a car with a lien again

wvmystichrome

Established Member
To many clowns around these days! Bank was called and they said they held the cashier check for 2 weeks before releasing the title and we should have it in 7 days? fml this is taking a forever, Ill never buy a car with a lien again

Did you ask them under REG CC regulations WHY they held it for that long? Since the FRB put in electronic imaging exchange in, the time a bank can legally hold the funds is 5 days. It is now down to 2 days. UNLESS they can show an exception and then the depositor has to be given notice. Doesn't make sense they held it for 2 weeks without prior notification. Hope you get your title soon.

OBTW..just to be with the in group and a smart-Alec.....did you get a bill of sale. HA HA. I just had to.

Sorry.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

That is at least some good news. :thumbsup:

SVT GT

Established Member
Fake bill of sale that is hand written by the owner or an easy to get DMV bill of sale that was signed by the seller and buyer. Either way the car has a lien on it and you would think POAs would be involved.

I think Stephen said it best...

‪Crazy Irish Men‬‏ - YouTube

...and do you have a bill of sale? :D

Users who are viewing this thread