Breathing new life into an ol' girl....

maple

Established Member
This car has fought me every step of the way it feels. Friday I gathered up all of the clutch components to hand them off to the friend of mine who would be doing the install for me. I elected to let him do it since I wanted nothing to do with laying on my back while the car is on jackstands to snatch out the transmission. So as I'm grabbing everything from a friends house, I noticed that the McLeod lightweight flywheel is no where to be found. I practically tore another buddies dining room apart looking for it since everything was sent to his house. Comes to find out it was at another friends house. Crisis averted! Glad I didn't have to spend another $400!!!

Saturday morning I get a picture message from my buddy doing the install of the brand new series 2's from Late Model that are currently on the car. Like a jackass, I forgot to grab old shirts or towels to put between the wheels and the straps! DOH!!!
126348_zpsr6am2kg0.jpg

Hopefully they polish back out, if not, I'll have to get them refinished so that I can sell them to a buddy.
126348_zpsr6am2kg0.jpg

Here she is about to go under the knife
1915_zps9urqv2jb.jpg

126677_zpsgmfwdzjs.jpg

Check out the life left on this raggedy spec clutch! Now before anybody destroys me from not being able to drive, I've only put MAYBE 300 miles on the car since I've owned it.
1916_zpsfhvmxy78.jpg

1907_zpsrjdodnnw.jpg

1906_zpsw1shcdoc.jpg

1908_zpsbyyqlcha.jpg

While he was in there, I had him replace the rear main seal.
126608_zps1kfyrfer.jpg

1910_zpsrd1gxuyc.jpg

Next was to tackle a monster exhaust leak that the car had. When I did the exhaust, a stud snapped off on the right hand side. I got it it and replaced it, but due to a very short deadline, I didn't try to replace the lower stud on that manifold, so it leaked like a mofo due to it not pulling up all the way. Keith addressed that after two hours of drilling it out.
126536_zpsq1hyjvbv.jpg

(Notice the soot)

Back in she goes!
126817_zpspr9rpv0h.jpg

1900_zps9looij73.jpg

1895_zpshopz1bzd.jpg

1898_zpsixx3lhxq.jpg

1889_zpsxdaiire0.jpg

Buttoning it back up
1890_zpsrnm95jlp.jpg

Like any good clutch install, I made sure to pick up a factory clutch cable. Little did I know that the car had an adjustable cable and double hook quadrant on it already. That would explain why the clutch was so damn tight.
1891_2_zpsfonzodqt.jpg

That's it for now. The car is at another buddies shop as of last night to get the remaining pieces of the wrap finished and a new tinted front windshield this week.
FB_IMG_1476663872093_zpspjznsu4a.jpg

Sorry for the potato picture.

And this is what occupied my time this weekend! Love this kid so much!
IMG_20161015_164746246_zpsezo9eogb.jpg

Updates to come soon!

txrunner

Established Member
Man, great read. The car is really turning out great & I love that you have your friends & family all involved in the project. Keep us all updated.

prs97

Established Member
Car looks great.

+1 on the kudos on saving a tired Terminator. Nicely done.

maple

Established Member
Finally got some more progress pictures of the car. She had a 130k miles of wear and tear on the windshield so I had that replaced with a new, tinted windshield. While the car was up at the shop, I took the liberty to throw on the SSR's finally. Also, had a buddy tag me on a post on Instagram that somebody drove by the shop and had to stop and take pictures of the cars. Haha
Screenshot_2016-10-25-08-33-06_zpsik8ivxni.png

131380_zpsa9esmfjx.jpg

Couldn't replace the windshield without replacing the wiper cowl with a new OEM.
131383_zpsmiexxibo.jpg

My buddy was able to damn near finish the wrap for me yesterday and will be 100% complete tonight.
IMG_20161030_154902519_zps1bfgkrcy.jpg

IMG_20161030_154754096_zpstuu3pkaw.jpg

131499_zpsxubtyizc.jpg

131535_zpsdo3gsjdb.jpg

VZM.IMG_20161102_080855_zpsxemkub88.jpg

131374_zpsnwnqtico.jpg

131377_zpskzsjtgot.jpg

It's the little details like that, that made me wish I just took him the car to begin with.
131499_zpsxubtyizc.jpg

131531_zpsikmnmcrb.jpg

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Car looks awesome. That front lip is looking tired along with the wiper arms - both obviously expected and I'm sure there are a 100 other things that you want to replace, but just noticed those two as taking away from the gorgeous wrap and wheels.

maple

Established Member
Car looks awesome. That front lip is looking tired along with the wiper arms - both obviously expected and I'm sure there are a 100 other things that you want to replace, but just noticed those two as taking away from the gorgeous wrap and wheels.

I've got a brand new front deflector in the packaging at the house. I almost don't want to put that expensive beotch on it though. lololol Also, the wipers will be removed off of the car.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Great looking car. What wheel set up is that? If you can still find the factory door edge guards, I would look into a pair

maple

Established Member
Looked awesome yesterday, really digging that color on it!!
3db6a44f36ff02373631e6e837035715.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was an absolute pleasure to meet you man. I hate that I couldn't actually be social. Thank you so much for coming down! I heard you made some solid numbers on the rollers.

That color looks mint.

Thank you!

Nice, another GA boy with a Terminator. Whats your instagram handle?
Fordnut18

The car looks fantastic and very unique.
Thank you! To the best of my knowledge, it's the only terminator with that color. I know of one other new edge and that's it.

coposrv

Established Member
What brand vinyl was used? I'm tackling some body parts this winter to keep me motivated and the samples I've received in person look nothing like what I've seen on the webz.

Users who are viewing this thread