Breathing new life into an ol' girl....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Awesome deal and congrats!!!

It amazes me how people neglect their cars in general. I'm in the market for another DD for my wife and man there is nothing but CRAP out there. Yes, if you want to spend a ton of money you can find something great. But, I'm just looking for something that my wife can get around in reliably. People asking 2500 to 3 grand and A/C does not work great, brake pedal goes to the floor, door handles busted, window tint so faded and scratched that you cannot safely see out of the vehicle. It is ridiculous.

You got a smoking deal and all you really needed to do was connect a vacuum hose and change the spark plugs. Amazing!!!!

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
Nice progress! I did something similar but I wish I would have got as a good a deal as you.

Keep up the good work.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
I've seen you there. At the time, you had the Azure blue mach on the fr500's. I had the DSG mach on fr's at the time! This was probably five years ago or so I believe.

Yes sir, sold the car soon after for the Terminator and I'm still rocking the wheels.

I'll look into that car show.

maple

Established Member
Traded my SSR's for these today
IMG_20160826_135253950_zps2fakwr8r.jpg

Trading them today to a buddy of mine for his black SSR's which were originally were mine that my wife surprised me with last year for my birthday.

FB_IMG_1472139771791_zps5rutqzjm.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You got an awesome deal (taking a bit of a chance, of course, on any mechanical issues hidden) and ended up with minimal mechanical issues to fix, and you've already gone a long way with restoring it to its proper place in the Terminator world. Really nice mods.

P.S. - Your little boy is adorable.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nice pickup smoking deal. Post pics when you get it back from wrap. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krazyazian

Established Member
I just moved to Valdosta so if my cars down here by Nov I'll run up to support your show. I want to check out that wrap job!

GoGreen04

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your friend. What an awesome deal you got! Interesting color choice for it but I'm sure it will look awesome. Did that shop offer spray on wraps? I've heard it's the new thing going around and they say it will last the life of the car. Not sure how much it costs though. Looking forward to seeing more posts! Congratulations on your son, cute looking kid.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Love these stories. Completely disrespected vehicle brought back to life by a TRUE enthusiast. Can't wait to see it wrapped with the classics on it. Please leave them polished!! Great looking family too. My son is 4 now and he grabbed my ratcheting wrench from me on Monday to tighten his wheels down on his bike. He said "I can do it daddy". Sure as sh*t he put it on the right way both times and cranked them down. Took video of it and all. It was an awesome day. I'm sure you will have that same experience with your boy too. Congrats on everything and keep us posted!!

maple

Established Member
I just moved to Valdosta so if my cars down here by Nov I'll run up to support your show. I want to check out that wrap job!
I'd love to have you.

Sorry to hear about your friend. What an awesome deal you got! Interesting color choice for it but I'm sure it will look awesome. Did that shop offer spray on wraps? I've heard it's the new thing going around and they say it will last the life of the car. Not sure how much it costs though. Looking forward to seeing more posts! Congratulations on your son, cute looking kid.
Thank you. I was told it'll last for about 5-7 years. He gets his looks from his mama, that's for certain.

Love these stories. Completely disrespected vehicle brought back to life by a TRUE enthusiast. Can't wait to see it wrapped with the classics on it. Please leave them polished!! Great looking family too. My son is 4 now and he grabbed my ratcheting wrench from me on Monday to tighten his wheels down on his bike. He said "I can do it daddy". Sure as sh*t he put it on the right way both times and cranked them down. Took video of it and all. It was an awesome day. I'm sure you will have that same experience with your boy too. Congrats on everything and keep us posted!!
Awesome! These are the memories that I long for! I traded the classics to a buddy of mine for my old SSR's that are black. My wife bought them for my birthday last year before I sold the mach.

The CCW's will look great :beer:
Traded them to a buddy for my old SSR's. They will look great with the color combo I believe.
Awesome. I've been wanting to build something new for a while. A Terminator would be pretty high on the list.
Thank you sir! I cannot wait to get this thing completed. My goal is to get her into a magazine!

mike s

Established Member
My 4 year old is always in the shop with me, and he has made it clear the "the orange car" is his hahahahaha
1980b2f9bd86868536d22026ae3ede6a.jpg

maple

Established Member
Well, I finally got my car back 85% finished, but that's a long ass story that I don't wish to get into. I absolutely love the color that my wife picked, but I am ready to see it finished. I dropped the car off with a friend to have the McLeod clutch, flywheel, arp bolts, and rear main seal replaced. After that, the car will go to a local friend of mine to have the remaining pieces finished being wrapped.

IMG_20161008_172943224_zpsm3kbmmyv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread