Butt Load of GT500 info.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
valencia = Orange If that's right, I know I'm not getting that color! I like everything, but the hood! But's it's growing on me! Can't wait to get it!

My Bad! I think it's a Yellow?

Tim

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Stripes

They did a nice job with the stripes flowing over the hood vents. Rather than the cut out area on the mules which accentuated the vents...this looks much better. Is the 475 hp another of Fords..being overly conservative on the numbers for insurance reasons? :shrug: Price :shrug: Gas guzzle tax :shrug: Will there be a KR version next year with the twin screw.. :shrug: All things to think about as I'm checking for interest rates on car loans... :thumbsup:

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
475hp 475lb/ft
leather dash and armrest and alum pedals are part of interior upgrade package.
seats are black/red or black.
colors are colorado red, white, ebony, tungsten, alloy, valencia, vista blue
stripes are white, blue, satin silver, or tungsten. There are some limits on which colors go where.
stripes can be deleted.
sirius sat radio avail with shaker 500 or optional 1000
14 in vented 4 piston brembos, 11.8 in 2 piston vented rear (doesn't say brembo)
3920 lbs (ouch) coupe 4040lb vert "oink-oink, moo-moo"
57/43 (it claims '05 mustang GT is 56/44)

Anything about tire type and dimensions?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
475hp 475lb/ft
leather dash and armrest and alum pedals are part of interior upgrade package.

leather dash is not standard? how much is the upgrade going to be? 40 grand msrp and a $2k interior upgrade package? forget that.

mrGT

Established Member

crazyhorse06

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
leather dash is not standard? how much is the upgrade going to be? 40 grand msrp and a $2k interior upgrade package? forget that.
My first guess would be 2500-3500 for that.

Mr. Negative

Established Member
The hood looks like ass, and the cheap looking SHELBY tacked onto the back looks like an afterthought. I would pry them letters right off. They really dropped the ball back there. It almost looks like the SHELBY tape on they back of the Omni's from the 80's.

The rest is awesome.

broeli

Established Member
Well they didn't surprise us with lighter weight than we thought..they bring it to us HEAVIER than anyone thought it would be...:( And a if the interior upgrade package is anymore than $500 it is a ripoff. It should be standard anyway. If they want it to be a luxery cruiser with no regards to weight they should make the leather touches standard..especially at $40k.
On another note I think it looks fine. There isn't anything in the looks department that would keep me from buying one. I can't get over the other issues though so I'll wait for a Boss or something else :)
With a factory rating of 475 it looks like 420-430rwhp will be a realistic #. I'll bet money it won't be 450-460 like some guessed.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
broeli said:
With a factory rating of 475 it looks like 420-430rwhp will be a realistic #. I'll bet money it won't be 450-460 like some guessed.

LOL! I think there was 2 of us that said 420-430 rwhp! lucky guess! :poke:

Tim ;-)

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
I'm still betting that it will actually dyno 450-460rwhp/tq. At 4000lbs on those tires it better have at least that much IMHO or the cross-town competitors will over take it.

-RR

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
3920 lbs (ouch) coupe 4040lb vert

Wow, this is one heavy mother!!! I like the overall look of the car but I'm going to wait until I can see some official performance figures. Just for comparison, the C6 Vette weighs 3300lbs and has only 75 hp less. Should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread