C7 Z07 vs GT-R Nismo

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Point is that the c7z is a ****ing animal on the track and with plenty of untapped potential left, whether you wanna give it props or not, totally up to you.

I did look at it and to me the 1.4 sec difference is not that huge of a difference. Especially with the small issues that are in need of sorting. Once all the wrinkles are ironed out, I predict the margin will only get much smaller.

So what if the nismo GTR beat the c7z, i guess McLaren is also a fail since their own 650S is also slower to the Nismo. Lets also not forget that the c7z beat the below listed cars at the same track:

-13 911 GT3
-08 C6 ZR1
-08 GTR
-08 Viper SRT-10
-08 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
-04 Ford GT

And the list goes on....

You see glass half empty and I see it half full...

I agree that the C7Z is a beast, but I have my doubts that Chevy is going to do anything to improve the heat soak or minor issues it experiences. Going off history, they didn't do anything to the ZL1 but let it be what it was.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
So what if the nismo GTR beat the c7z, i guess McLaren is also a fail since their own 650S is also slower to the Nismo. Lets also not forget that the c7z beat the below listed cars at the same track:

-13 911 GT3
-08 C6 ZR1
-08 GTR
-08 Viper SRT-10
-04 Ford GT

And the list goes on....

Where exactly are you quoting this? If it is the lap done by a GM engineer/race car driver vs journalist times, then your argument goes out the window.
Also, the cars you reference are a good 7 years old. I would hope a car with carbon brakes, more power (than any cars you listed), better rubber, not built 7-years ago would have faster lap times. :nonono:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Point is that the c7z is a ****ing animal on the track and with plenty of untapped potential left, whether you wanna give it props or not, totally up to you.

I did look at it and to me the 1.4 sec difference is not that huge of a difference. Especially with the small issues that are in need of sorting. Once all the wrinkles are ironed out, I predict the margin will only get much smaller.

-13 911 GT3
-08 C6 ZR1
-08 GTR
-08 Viper SRT-10
-04 Ford GT

And the list goes on....

The c7z beat 7 year old cars! !! This is a huge win for chevy!!

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree that the C7Z is a beast, but I have my doubts that Chevy is going to do anything to improve the heat soak or minor issues it experiences. Going off history, they didn't do anything to the ZL1 but let it be what it was.

I guess we shall see. Even if they didnt, the issues are easily fixable by the aftermarket.

Where exactly are you quoting this? If it is the lap done by a GM engineer/race car driver vs journalist times, then your argument goes out the window.
Also, the cars you reference are a good 7 years old. I would hope a car with carbon brakes, more power (than any cars you listed), better rubber, not built 7-years ago would have faster lap times. :nonono:

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs.html

And you are still missing the point.... PLEASE SHOW ME A LIST OF ALL THE CARS THAT CAN GO FASTER THAN THE c7z AT THE TRACK.

The c7z beat 7 year old cars! !! This is a huge win for chevy!!

Again, please show me all the cars that outperform the c7z at the track...

kaz109

Established Member
Lol...I like how u dig for the ounce of positive from this car. The glass is not even HALF full ,its 1/4 full but u see it. I also like how you still support a company not fixing the problem but them letting the buyer pay money to fix a problem that should've been fixed before the car was released.

Time will tell if GM fixes it but from history of their recalls shows they only recall when lives are at stake ( which is often considering they were the automotive leader by a huge margin in recalls last year) . Its funny you are giving praise to a car beating 7+ yr old cars lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol...I like how u dig for the ounce of positive from this car. The glass is not even HALF full ,its 1/4 full but u see it. I also like how you still support a company not fixing the problem but them letting the buyer pay money to fix a problem that should've been fixed before the car was released.

Time will tell if GM fixes it but from history of their recalls shows they only recall when lives are at stake ( which is often considering they were the automotive leader by a huge margin in recalls last year) . Its funny you are giving praise to a car beating 7+ yr old cars lol

Hey man, I wont mind conceding to your point if you show me some facts . Please show me a list of cars that out perferm the c7z at the track?

Dont worry, Ill wait...

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
According to the list the 650S is quicker. Also the 7 year old ACR was still over a second quicker. Think about how far tire tech has come in 7 years. Equip that same ACR with the latest and greatest tires today and watch it annihilate the C7Z. Also the 911 GT3 was a **** hair behind the Z. A tenth of a second could be chalked up to different track temps.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
According to the list the 650S is quicker. Also the 7 year old ACR was still over a second quicker. Think about how far tire tech has come in 7 years. Equip that same ACR with the latest and greatest tires today and watch it annihilate the C7Z. Also the 911 GT3 was a **** hair behind the Z. A tenth of a second could be chalked up to different track temps.

Ok, please show me where I said that the c7z was faster than the 650S. Reading comp eludes you right now man.

ACR is yet another beast. It is expected for the ACR to out perform the vette.

I like how you come up with all these excuses on how other vehicles could do this or that or have this or that but give no slack to the c7z... It is obvious that you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

Hate away! Lol...

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Ok, please show me where I said that the c7z was faster than the 650S. Reading comp eludes you right now man.

ACR is yet another beast. It is expected for the ACR to out perform the vette.

I like how you come up with all these excuses on how other vehicles could do this or that or have this or that but give no slack to the c7z... It is obvious that you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

Hate away! Lol...

Oh really? A 7 year old ACR is now expected to beat a "vette". I have a hard time believing before the release this new Z you would have said the 7 year old ACR numbers would still top the latest and greatest Vette, ever. You're basically saying the previous Gen Viper is the better car in every performance aspect.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh really? A 7 year old ACR is now expected to beat a "vette". I have a hard time believing before the release this new Z you would have said the 7 year old ACR numbers would still top the latest and greatest Vette, ever. You're basically saying the previous Gen Viper is the better car in every performance aspect.

Historically, the Viper is of higher caliber than a Vette, not to mention the ACR. Yes, I would expect the ACR to mantain its reign for quite a long time.

Again, want to prove a point? SHOW ME a list of the cars that currently beat the c7z at the track..

For more shits and giggles..... Here....http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia_international_raceway_post_2013.html

Last edited:

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
LOL hero laps at VIR with a GM engineering team don't count. The car is NOT a disappointment. What is a disappointment is the factory tune. It pulls timing way to early and at way to low of a temp. Give this thing some better cooling and away the problems will go. /thread.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
LOL hero laps at VIR with a GM engineering team don't count. The car is NOT a disappointment. What is a disappointment is the factory tune. It pulls timing way to early and at way to low of a temp. Give this thing some better cooling and away the problems will go. /thread.

^ Church!!!

Such a shame that what could be one bad mofo is crippled so badly from the factory. Hopefully they sort it out. I really want this car to do better. Healthy competition makes all the car manufacturers more competitive and we all get to enjoy it.

scn

Established Member
It isn't a disappointment when you take into consideration that it was developed at 1/3 of the budget requested. What is a disappointment is the fact that the team chose to release a car that wasn't quite ready. Every car gets improvement over its product cycle ( the NISMO proves this) but these issues that are hamstringing the Z06 most certainly were seen in testing. No excuse for that. My original take on this car seems to be accurate. They should have called this the Supercharged Grand Sport and not the Z06.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they have to be having a heated discussion on the corvette forum somewhere. anyone have a link? :lol1:

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
they have to be having a heated discussion on the corvette forum somewhere. anyone have a link? :lol1:

They are but the thread has been moved to the "other cars" section like they do every time a C7Z gets worked over...which is quite often

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I wonder if the exact same results could've been achieved had they just kept the 7L engine. With the tune/heat soak problem, it's pulling power down near previous Z06 levels anyway. That would've saved a good bit of weight and with all the suspension and aero upgrades, they would've had one helluva Z06; GT3 beating, even.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Hey man, I wont mind conceding to your point if you show me some facts . Please show me a list of cars that out perferm the c7z at the track?

Dont worry, Ill wait...
Show us a list of new cars where they have all the track ready advangates or close like the Z06…. Go ahead we’ll be waiting…

The GT3 BARELY lost to the C7 Z06 and HAS NOWHERE NEAR the overall specs as the Z06 does. Once the new Ford GT debuts and post the numbers, only then we can actually compare it to something closer in its league. No one is saying the Z06 is a POS, its a great car but on paper it looks MUCH better. And LOL if you really think 1.4 secs is not much of a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread