[Callout:] ANY 2011+ AED Tuned Bolt-on Coyote in Tampa, FL with >400whp dyno sheet

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
lmao! sounds good to me :rockon:

lol your 3rd in line. we will all do a 4 wide lmao

4 wide on the HF??? Set it up! You know I'm there

I'd love to talk to you about the set up. I've used switch chips before on my fox bodies but wasn't sure how you pulled it off on the copperhead. What's the timing/AFR you shoot for ?

The timing is progressive. I pull more than necessary on the hit to keep wheelspin at a minimum then I ramp it back in as the rpms climb. I command .78 lambda.

steveofiveo

Established Member
Thanks for responding. Sounds like your tuneup is right on the money. How do you switch the tunes on the fly ?

4 wide on the HF??? Set it up! You know I'm there

The timing is progressive. I pull more than necessary on the hit to keep wheelspin at a minimum then I ramp it back in as the rpms climb. I command .78 lambda.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks for responding. Sounds like your tuneup is right on the money. How do you switch the tunes on the fly ?

I hit the red switch.

The other 2 are master arm and bottle warmer.

D246560F-7BED-400F-9388-78034814DE80-2559-000001868F52EE39_zpsbb4f98e1.jpg

steveofiveo

Established Member
Did you make a custom chip mounted to the copperhead ? I've never seen one before so that's why i'm interested. I like the tune I currently have but want to run the bottle and don't want to pull out the tuner to switch tunes.

I hit the red switch.

The other 2 are master arm and bottle warmer.

D246560F-7BED-400F-9388-78034814DE80-2559-000001868F52EE39_zpsbb4f98e1.jpg

steveofiveo

Established Member
So I guess all the hupla in "my tune pulls so hard" is all in their heads !

I did this with my 11 and all tunes were very close only 1-2 hp/tq . These included AED, Lund, VMP, amazon and Brookspeed. VMP came in first with 16 hp while others were 12-14.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Did you make a custom chip mounted to the copperhead ? I've never seen one before so that's why i'm interested. I like the tune I currently have but want to run the bottle and don't want to pull out the tuner to switch tunes.

No its not a chip setup, its a resister in line to the coolant temp. when you hit the switch it causes the temp to rise to 240+ on the gauge which in the tune there is a table for when the coolant temp is too high it pulls timing great for a nitrous tune. I too was confused the when he first explained it to me i thought it was a chip setup at first. a local shop long long ago did this same thing, pretty sure justin is the only one to do it in a coyote which im sure is much harder to do then the basics i just told you.

BMR Tech

^ Awesome.. I have always wondered if it could be done on the 2011+ Cars, apparently it can be.

I had my '98 Cobra set up the same way. No chip, just an aggressive N/A tune and the default set up for a dry nitrous shot. Flip the nitrous switch and race; it was pretty awesome.

On a side note, did bobbyj and Justinjor race last weekend? I heard they raced and it was really close? bobbyj is tuned by Ramseys, right?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
No its not a chip setup, its a resister in line to the coolant temp. when you hit the switch it causes the temp to rise to 240+ on the gauge which in the tune there is a table for when the coolant temp is too high it pulls timing great for a nitrous tune. I too was confused the when he first explained it to me i thought it was a chip setup at first. a local shop long long ago did this same thing, pretty sure justin is the only one to do it in a coyote which im sure is much harder to do then the basics i just told you.

^ more or less. Those are the basics. It's not overly complicated but it took a lot of trial and error to get right.
Timing trickers are nothing new but this setup takes it a few steps further and really takes advantage of the complexity and advanced program-ability that the copperhead offers.

We can do fueling and timing based off a number of different parameters with coolant temp being one of them.

I'm 99.9% sure there are only 2 people in the coyote world who have done it--me and CBRTRX. It has been his(CBRs) bread and butter for a long time and I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to troubleshoot the issues and help get it nailed down to work as perfectly as it does for these new motors.

I had it on my vette as well but the E38 computer can only do timing. I had to manage the fuel elsewhere. With the copperhead ecu, we can independently control both timing and fuel and write a progressive map to to suit our needs.

You don't know nitrous for these cars until you have a 'switch on the fly' tune :rockon:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
^ Awesome.. I have always wondered if it could be done on the 2011+ Cars, apparently it can be.

I had my '98 Cobra set up the same way. No chip, just an aggressive N/A tune and the default set up for a dry nitrous shot. Flip the nitrous switch and race; it was pretty awesome.

On a side note, did bobbyj and Justinjor race last weekend? I heard they raced and it was really close? bobbyj is tuned by Ramseys, right?

Ya we did. We did a 40 and I nudged out the victory by about a bumper or less. It was a great race. His friend has the video on his phone but I don't think he has posted it.

BMR Tech

Sweet!

Cool to see a Ramsey Tuned Coyote doing well.

I wish my MAF flange would hurry up and get here, so I can tune it and come out.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Sweet!

Cool to see a Ramsey Tuned Coyote doing well.

I wish my MAF flange would hurry up and get here, so I can tune it and come out.

I had never heard of a Ramsey tune until I spoke with Bobby. Are they popular? common? His car seemed to run very strong and consistent.

BMR Tech

They have been around for a long time. Not really sure about their tuning on the Coyotes, his car is the first one I have really seen "out and about"

steveofiveo

Established Member
I used to do the same thing on my efi snowmobiles, worked great !

I have a tune in my car from a ford dealer (not procal) that they warranty so I can't take it out/modify it otherwise they'll know. So. . . I'd love to try something like this for the timing (there's something like 28 degrees of timing in it but I've never data logged to confirm). The problem now is commanded fuel afr (it's commanding 12.48) so spraying a wet shot the computer would try to correct it and lean the motor out.

Any advice on how to handle this ?

bobbyj

Established Member
They have been around for a long time. Not really sure about their tuning on the Coyotes, his car is the first one I have really seen "out and about"

He seemed very knowledgeable about the coyote motor. He tuned my lightning as well and I was happy with it. So I just brought my 5.0 there when I bought it. He actually runs a coyote motor in his race car. He seems to have my car dialed in pretty good and his customer service I feel is phenomenal. But I'll need some mods to keep up with Justin lol! His car rocked from a 40 roll even with the 3.31s

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
He seemed very knowledgeable about the coyote motor. He tuned my lightning as well and I was happy with it. So I just brought my 5.0 there when I bought it. He actually runs a coyote motor in his race car. He seems to have my car dialed in pretty good and his customer service I feel is phenomenal. But I'll need some mods to keep up with Justin lol! His car rocked from a 40 roll even with the 3.31s

This weekend should be interesting :banana:

bobbyj

Established Member

Ill come out to play :)

Sounds good :rockon:

JasinEdward

Established Member
I have a bone stock 2014 candy red 5.0 with 3.73's running Diablo tune. I think I might have seen you at Bradenton the first time I took the car out there. I was running a Bama race tune that netted me a wonderful 13.2 @ 110....:rollseyes. My new tune got me a 12.8 @ 114 in similar DA. I'm still trying to get the hang of launching this thing. My 60' sucks because I have to baby it out of the hole.

I'd be out there on the 20th, but it's my anniversary. I'll be there in August if you want to run a few. Eventually I'm gonna get a set of slicks and some cat deletes to set a goal of 11's.

Users who are viewing this thread