Can someone please explain how Ford/SVT keeps ****ing up?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
earl lee said:
But I bet they handle the same.
damn you must have a sick truck! It slaloms at 69mph and pulls over .9G on the skidpad...what do you have, I am gonna pick one up. :rolleyes:

cobracide

Established Member
VEE EIGHT said:
Just when we thought they actually did things right with the GT500.....

11weqv9.jpg

There's always something :nonono:

Ford ***ed up by putting six letters on the trunk -

S H E L B Y

Fourcam330

Established Member
mc01svt said:
cast iron block :nonono:
4v heads
eaton supercharger
heavy duty drive shaft/axles/rear suspension
larger wheels and tires

ford should have stuck with pushrods for large v-8s. They still can't even keep up with chevy and dodge even with 3 valve heads. pushrod engines are more efficient, lighter and cheaper to build.

More efficient than Ford's small bore OHC motors, yes, more efficient than a well designed 4v (more bore/valve/seat) no way. Give us the same bore/spacing as DCX's Hemi or Chevy's LS motors and there would be no comparison.

don't get me started on comparing the exhaust note of a modular v-8 compared to a 302 :nonono:

Having owned a 94 Cobra previous to my 98, no doubt in my mind a 4v 281 sounds much better. Of course this is subjective and everyone will have their own opinion.

Fourcam330

Established Member
03CobraBro said:
Bitch with all the other Terminator owners...? I thought it was the potential GT500 owners that were bitching. :shrug:

One thing as a Terminator owner though, despite the 03/04 Cobras being a tad on the heavy side themselves, I'll never get to know what it feels like saying my car weighs as much as my truck does. ;-)

You never drive around with a passenger?

SlowSVT

Established Member
:nonono:

CleanCobra said:
I think some 03-04 owners don't like the idea of being knocked off the top of the Cobra hill. But that's the way it goes, and I think we should be happy that the cars we love are handling better, getting faster, safer and more refined. (Even if it is a few hundred pounds heavier)

wals9331 said:
I think the current cobra owners need to get beyond there jealous BS. Ive seen the car, ridden in the car, clicked through the gears on the car, etc. The car is faucking awesome, enough said!

Owners of a 96 and 01 picking on us Terminator drivers (kinda makes you wonder)

If the GT500 is a few tenths of a second faster who cares? The Shelby is going to be a great car and we should all be greatful Ford built it. What you don't seem to understand is that 90% of these cars will be modded to some degree or another and after that it doesn't really matter what car it is. "Beware that Honda Civic and the driver with the smirk on his face!"

It's not the car numbnuts, it's how much money you spend getting there.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
:nonono:

Owners of a 96 and 01 picking on us Terminator drivers (kinda makes you wonder)

If the GT500 is a few tenths of a second faster who cares? The Shelby is going to be a great car and we should all be greatful Ford built it. What you don't seem to understand is that 90% of these cars will be modded to some degree or another and after that it doesn't really matter what car it is. "Beware that Honda Civic and the driver with the smirk on his face!"

:lol: :lol:
What...the...****. :lol1:

Slowsvt, your car isn't slow... you are.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
65869.gif
It does seem like it might be the right time to debate whether H.T.T. has done a good job with the SVT franchise. He may have had a lousy time with head office, but he was also the S-197 wonder boy. I strongly suggest that the next SE is going to need to show some forward thinking engineering. As nice as the SHELBY is, it is seriously old school. Imagine what would happen if there was a 52/48 3600lb 450 horse NA car out now, for say 40k? Oh wait just a minute, here it comes........ :poke:

venams03

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
Complaining about it won't make the problem go away. New management at Ford and SVT might do more :)

Beg to differ with ya on that one. I've talked to many higer level execs at FORD and they confirmed that they do read and review the popular Ford/Mustang bulletin boards to gauge customer feedback.

Thats' why I've been very vocal about posting my displeasure with the GT500 and the greedy F****N dealers. Maybe it won't change. But the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, so why not try?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
venams03 said:
Beg to differ with ya on that one. I've talked to many higer level execs at FORD and they confirmed that they do read and review the popular Ford/Mustang bulletin boards to gauge customer feedback.

Thats' why I've been very vocal about posting my displeasure with the GT500 and the greedy F****N dealers. Maybe it won't change. But the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, so why not try?

I KNOW they do. They faucking yelled at me to remove a pic off these very boards :lol:

88Blownstang

Established Member
taronis said:
VOLVOS AND SAABS -- FAVORITE CARS OF SHE-MALES, HE-SHES, SHIITES, FRENCHMEN, CANADIFEMS, HILLARY CLINTON, SHIMS, MIDDLE-CLASS LIBERALS, AND OTHER ASCORTED HOMOS!

Let me guess..G.E.D. diploma and room temperature I.Q.? :dw: I thought so :bash:

Tank5879

Established Member
Listen here,
i dont know if I'd say ford keeps ****ing up....they have to work with this new mustang, which, is heavier. therefore, they have to work within all kinds of constraints to make it all happen. they dont just say **ck the guy that wants this and this, they have to balance a bunch of things, and compromise in the end. If ford was in the business of making the mustang the absolute best with no holds barred, including budget, it would have a ford gt motor in it, weigh 3200# IRS, fiberglass panels, etc etc..
Just becasue someone isn't on the bandwagon for a shelby dosent make them automatically hate it or automatically a terminator owner. I was very interested in a shelby. i was on numerous lists etc etc. in fact, I called out some terminator owners in the past as being jealous on these boards. I Like the shelby, and maybe someday i'll have one. For now though, think of it with the least emotion as possible. Fact is, enthusiasts have been waiting a few years now for a new cobra. I think we need to all relax and see what happens when these hit the streets. The terminator is a fantastic car. I decided not to get a shelby and get one of these for now. why? way too much BS...(AMV, GG, 1st yr production, uncertainty of mods/reliablility etc) plus, bang for the buck wise, its very hard to beat a terminator. used ones are in mid to low 20s, which is a steal considering the package you get. a proven screamer. Of course the shelby will be better stock vs stock. as for the power/weight issue, Its just the same argument one could have with the srt 10 ram...the thing has to have 500hp to beat the lightning cause its heavier...you could argue what is better all day...opinions are like @ssholes...everyone has one and they all stink....to each their own. Im not gonna bash the new top dog in town. its progression, thats how it goes. i like the new body style. I will wait and see what will happen with them...when I can afford one, and If i still want one, then it will happen. I cant see/justify the extra 15-20k to buy a shelby now even if it is 1 second quicker in the quarter. 15k of mods to a terminator...wow!....thats just me tho. in 3 years well probably be talkin about what a steal the shelby is when the new cobra in 2010 costs 50k and used shelbys can be had for 30k....

EddieHaskell

Interweb Racing Legend
Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
As nice as the SHELBY is, it is seriously old school. Imagine what would happen if there was a 52/48 3600lb 450 horse NA car out now, for say 40k? Oh wait just a minute, here it comes........ :poke:
I agree. All aluminum 450hp 5.4, 52/48, a good IRS, 37-38k base price, no gas tax (LSx does it with 505hp, why can't Ford?). This would be a world class car for 37-8k. The fact that it shares a chassis with a 19k v6 should save Ford some money toward building it.

Oddly, I believe the new Camaro will be close to those numbers. Hopefully GM will price it to compete with the GT, which I believe they will.

taronis

Banned
88Blownstang said:
Let me guess..G.E.D. diploma and room temperature I.Q.? :dw: I thought so :bash:

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were a Volvo driving California queen.

Actually, BSEE, MSEE, MBA, with a PE certificate. Imagine a well educated fat white male that has no use for, and a profound feeling of disgust toward sissy-nancy-boys like you.

Go see a liberal for acceptance. The best you’ll get out of me is less-than-sincere tolerance.

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
.............brilliant comeback!
............. Thank you!

I don't like to argue on the net, but based on your response, you really missed the point of what I posted.

fordification said:
Camaro is expected to hit 4000lbs as well using the commodore platform.

Can you provide any basis for that claim? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see some facts because that would be disappointing.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
fordification said:
Camaro is expected to hit 4000lbs as well using the commodore platform.

Yep, a 4000 lb (400 hp) camaro will have a hard time beating a 3500 lb (300 hp) Mustang.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
Can you provide any basis for that claim? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like to see some facts because that would be disappointing.
motor trend has mentioned it a few times in their news section. they got word straight from australia(where the platform is being developed). ive also seen a few insider posts at one of the GM websites(not sure which one, i visit the biggest couple(such as LS1tech.com) only every once in a while).

Users who are viewing this thread