Check out my Custom Blower Whine Text sound...

futureSVT

Established Member
ok first let me say i am not that great at doing custom stuff on the iphone. I just followed some basic how tos.. Its kinda cool but im not sure how much ill really like the text alert i guess it depends on my many texts I get lol.

it sounds much better in person and doesnt fade out like the video.

[youtube_browser]C-3_pZDh3gY[/youtube_browser]
if anyone knows any good file sharing websites i would be happy to post my custom file for everyone, or i can email it to some people

first off I had some issues at first and i think its due to the format the how-to uses i used aiff instead of the aac format the how to used..

Learn how to create custom SMS tones for your iphone.

so once you install the program jus open up cydia and search openssh and install that.. then you can follow the how-to, for the most part.

enjoy:beer:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is cool! The Kenne Bell ring tone is cool, too. Anyone know of any Mustang exhaust ring tones, like a drive by? :)

futureSVT

Established Member
^ thanks everyone.. yea that kenne bell is cool. Cobrabob, i think it would be easy to grab a exhaust vid or sound clip and make it a ringtone.. there are a few websites that take just the audio(and make mp3 file) of a youtube video.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
I have the kb one, when I first got it I forgot I had it set as my ringtone. Then my phone went off when I was outside and I started lookin around for a cobra hahaha

1994ta

I made a text alert ringer a few years ago.. less than a day later I had to change it. It was sweet at first, then became VERY annoying.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Damn - That was easy to do on the Blackberry. Just loaded the KB ringtone for SMS Messages

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have the kb one, when I first got it I forgot I had it set as my ringtone. Then my phone went off when I was outside and I started lookin around for a cobra hahaha

lol i can see someone doing that.

futureSVT

Established Member
haha yea i can see myself doing that

I made a text alert ringer a few years ago.. less than a day later I had to change it. It was sweet at first, then became VERY annoying.

yea i have a feeling thats how this one is going to be lol. its still cool to show off every now and then..

IShb3w

Established Member
haha it was when i was at my buddys house and the highway is right next to his yard and the volume was perfect, it fooled both of us lol

hahahah

For anyone that is interested, there is an app called Ringdroid for Android phones that makes it very easy to make your own ringtones. I use it all the time for songs but never once thought about doing this, this is awesome.

Also, for you non Android users, there is a program for the PC called Goldwave that I have used for years, and does the same thing. I can hook y'all up if need be.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

****ing awesome.

I have a new tone to wake up to every morning.

maybe the sound of a KB Cobra flyby every AM will motivate me more towards the purchase of one.......

I used to have the Crank descending ringer for texts. People thought it was the sickest tone ever, especially the ones that knew what it was from and usually said "****ing Verona!" or something in the middle of the line at the movie theatres.

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member

Ya thats exactly why i couldnt bring myself to change my Metal Gear Solid codec ringer and "spotted" alert. So i set it to my email tone since i dont get emails on my phone very often. Love it though, great gimmick

Users who are viewing this thread