Chicago police shooting video

shurur

Established Member
I don't want to see what happens when they go home.

Leos are always on duty.....and protected by the badge..so...

As it is now, a cashier at Lowes or Home Depot gets more camera surveillance, management scrutiny, and customer feedback than a LE Officer does.

And yes, if Customers can judge good service, civilians are qualified top judge LE and how the justice system "works."

The system belongs to the people and can be reformed by the people.
In my eyes and experience, LE has set themselves apart from the people, the laws they enforce, and the justice system; so they must be reformed.

Last edited:

Machdup1

Established Member
I get that. Whats also weird about this is the city paid the family 5 million dollars last year WITHOUT the family even filing suit. They knew a while ago what happened. Did they think it would just blow over or something.

You find it strange that they did the right thing? Why?

Machdup1

Established Member
Leos are always on duty.....and protected by the badge..so...
As it is now, a cashier at Lowes or Home Depot gets more camera surveillance, management scrutiny, and customer feedback than a LE Officer does.

They are always on duty? Maybe a Leo can tell me if that is true.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
You find it strange that they did the right thing? Why?

I find the rate at which they conducted their investigation alarming, and its a hell of a coincidence they finally charged the officer the week that they were ordered to release the dash cam footage(that they didn't want to release).

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
They are always on duty? Maybe a Leo can tell me if that is true.

He is somewhat correct, to my knowledge. If something major happens they would be called in. If I get arrested, the paper would not publish my occupation. If a LEO or soldier gets arrested, everyone knows.

The force is your life. Just like military.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
here's the video BTW
[video=youtube;Ix2N6_jLAgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix2N6_jLAgA[/video]

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

And yes, if Customers can judge good service, civilians are qualified top judge LE and how the justice system "works."

The system belongs to the people and can be reformed.

Ah, so young, I too remember having this similar mindset.

LEO's arent customer service, and they dont belong to the people. Serve and Protect is just a pretty quote, they are under zero obligation to do either.

Protect yourself, choose your fights wisely and always know your opponent.

shurur

Established Member
He is somewhat correct, to my knowledge. If something major happens they would be called in. If I get arrested, the paper would not publish my occupation. If a LEO or soldier gets arrested, everyone knows.

The force is your life. Just like military.

"And so it goes."
-Vonnegut

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Ah, so young, I too remember having this similar mindset.

LEO's arent customer service, and they dont belong to the people. Serve and Protect is just a pretty quote, they are under zero obligation to do either.

Protect yourself, choose your fights wisely and always know your opponent.

I fully understand "serve and protect" is not legally binding and just a quote or a marketing vague claim..as found by the supreme court ruling.
Also know that LE only job is to enforce laws.

I was arrested for protecting myself on my own property and spent my entire savings to make it right in a courtroom..then had my case used to pass law to reinforce castle law.

You are the naive one.
Protect myself indeed.

LE is still accountable to the people and needs to be made more accountable than they are today. My example of a cashier and customer service still stands, more pointedly, with reference to civilian review boards and body cams..and more...

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
They are subject to everything on your list already.

Any questions?

Not all of them. Just yesterday the Police offered up a huge settlement (or maybe it was the city managers) in Fullerton where a young man was beaten to death (on video) several years ago. The officers were fired but the grand jury declined to bring any charges.

I would like to see the officer(s) be forced to pay as much money as they have saved up and have in their retirement. If officers that kill outside of policy are impoverished and beggared it would be a very forceful show of the consequences for such actions. Then any underpayments are then, and only then made up by the city or state.

Take their houses, vacation homes, boats, cars, motorcycles, off road toys and anything else that can be sold off to pay their victims back for the loses the police caused. Leave them just enough to survive one notch above the poverty level.

And how about a little public shaming! Give the convicted officer a new uniform that says "BAD COP" across the back. They must then go out, unarmed, and do meter maid service for the rest of their careers.

The only way that public respect will ever be regained is to slam the "Bad Cops" so hard, publicly, that someday there might only be "Good Cops" out in the field.

shurur

Established Member
Not all of them. Just yesterday the Police offered up a huge settlement (or maybe it was the city managers) in Fullerton where a young man was beaten to death (on video) several years ago. The officers were fired but the grand jury declined to bring any charges.

I would like to see the officer(s) be forced to pay as much money as they have saved up and have in their retirement. If officers that kill outside of policy are impoverished and beggared it would be a very forceful show of the consequences for such actions. Then any underpayments are then, and only then made up by the city or state.

Take their houses, vacation homes, boats, cars, motorcycles, off road toys and anything else that can be sold off to pay their victims back for the loses the police caused. Leave them just enough to survive one notch above the poverty level.

And how about a little public shaming! Give the convicted officer a new uniform that says "BAD COP" across the back. They must then go out, unarmed, and do meter maid service for the rest of their careers.

The only way that public respect will ever be regained is to slam the "Bad Cops" so hard, publicly, that someday there might only be "Good Cops" out in the field.

I would like to see those found not guilty reimbursed for there defense costs and the money taken out of the budget for the prosecutor. Then LE could not just try to outspend a defendant into a plea.

I believe Canada has such a system, along with civilian prison inspections and review boards.

That way prosecutors and LE would have to count the cost and validity of their cases.
As it is now, it is all about LE and prosecutor egos.
Their are no consequences for their actions.

It's all part of the same bad seed of our current LE and Justice system.

Bad folks and outspoken righteous individuals are all treated the same...as criminals.

BTW: Most "good cops" are cops who turn a blind eye...yet they claim that they don't need our civilian help in policing themselves....hmm.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...nearly absolute power.....power needs to be shared.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I fully understand "serve and protect" is not legally binding and just a quote or a marketing vague claim..as found by the supreme court ruling.
Also know that LE only job is to enforce laws.

I was arrested for protecting myself on my own property and spent my entire savings to make it right in a courtroom..then had my case used to pass law to reinforce castle law.

You are the naive one.
Protect myself indeed.

LE is still accountable to the people and needs to be made more accountable than they are today. My example of a cashier and customer service still stands, more pointedly, with reference to civilian review boards..

Care to reference said case?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
here's the video BTW
[video=youtube;Ix2N6_jLAgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix2N6_jLAgA[/video]

Ok, I can see some charge but not murder. This video shows him not dropping the weapon. To say the officer was not justified in shooting is a joke. It is not like we do not know the laws.

Users who are viewing this thread