Cobra Mustang IRS Delrin/UHMW/Alum bushing kit w/adj. sway bar links & bumpsteer kit

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
If you guys started making front A-arms, K-members, etc I know that I would def buy those from you too, hell anything you made for suspension I'd jump on. Almost have the amount saved up to purchase my kit here soon, thanks SO much for all the questions you answered, I'm sure you get the same everyday but you were a great help!

mrmustangman357

Established Member

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Did Drop Engineering steal your design I see their parts on American Muscle and other sites?

Yes, they ripped off our design. :kaboom: They did ZERO engineering, ZERO R&D, they have ZERO support, they know nothing about the parts or how they work, they just ripped us off, plain and simple. :fart: Notice they didn't copy any of the other manufacturer's parts or designs!!!!!!!!! :read: Just ours!!!! :idea:

If you guys started making front A-arms, K-members, etc I know that I would def buy those from you too, hell anything you made for suspension I'd jump on. Almost have the amount saved up to purchase my kit here soon, thanks SO much for all the questions you answered, I'm sure you get the same everyday but you were a great help!

We really have no intentions on getting into front suspensions. We are concentrating on being the number one IRS design solution manufacturer in the industry. :-D

Any update on the before and after yet?? This would really sell how the product performs in the vehicle as opposed to a bench test :rockon:

Yes, I apologize for not posting that here! :( We did finish the Bumpsteer III video and the test drive of Jason's car. They have been on our web site for some time.

Bumpsteer III:

Test driving Jason's IRS bushing kit install

SilverNotch

Established Member
I think your well known enough in the Cobra community that you don't have to worry about Drop Engineering. If you go on American Muscle you notice that there are no reviews on their products. Do you have your kit patented so you can say that they stole your design?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I think your well known enough in the Cobra community that you don't have to worry about Drop Engineering. If you go on American Muscle you notice that there are no reviews on their products.

You can find happy FTBR customer's reviews ALL OVER the internet! :-D

Do you have your kit patented so you can say that they stole your design?

The patent process is very time consuming, expensive and leagal loop-hole filled process that is run by a pathetically inefficient government agency. Need I say more! :(

blainestang

Established Member
A couple questions since I managed to misplace the instructions AGAIN!

Probably a stupid question, but better safe than sorry, right?

Here is one bag's worth of bushings with the label, "LCA Rear Outer":

IRS Bushings by Blainestang, on Flickr

So, one of these, along with the sleeve, will go in the outside of one of the rear LCA bushing sleeves like so, correct?:

Untitled by Blainestang, on Flickr

And I would add to that sleeve a half-bushing from the bag labeled "LCA Rear INNER", right? And then do the same on the other side's rear bushing, correct?

Seems relatively self-explanatory, but again, I'd rather ask than do it wrong.

Also, if I don't install the grease fittings now, I can just grease the outside of the center sleeve and slide it in. Then, should I want to regrease, just slide the sleeve out and do the same, correct?

Sorry for the questions probably answered in the instructions.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Blaine:

You are correct. The outer rear bushings go on the back side of the LCA. Which would be the rear most position. The rear inner sleeve is the second most rear-ward bushing that goes into the inboard portion of the rear eye.

The LCA's have four different bushings and both of the control arms are identical. From the most forward part of the car working your way to the rear, the LCA bushings are as follows:

front outer bushing
front inner bushing
rear inner bushing
rear outer bushing

I honestly do not like your lubrication plan. Yes, it's going to be a little extra effort now to install the grease fittings but nothing like the future effort that would be required to regrease using your plan. Do yourself a favor and install the grease fittings! :read:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

blainestang

Established Member
Thanks, Bruce!

OK, you talked me into it. I went out and used the company drill press at lunch. Lower control arms are drilled and tapped. Uppers tomorrow. :D

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Got my kit last week. Half way though the install with no issues. Keep ya posted!

Thanks Bruce

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
To anyone that paid to have everything installed, how much did it run you? I have a mechanic buddy that will help me for the price of a 12pack, but he's busy and if its not TOO much I might just pay to have it installed. Thanks!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
To anyone that paid to have everything installed, how much did it run you? I have a mechanic buddy that will help me for the price of a 12pack, but he's busy and if its not TOO much I might just pay to have it installed. Thanks!

That is one of the many questions addressed in the FAQ on our site:

FTBR Frequently Asked Questions

I'd sweeten the pot for your buddy and up the ante to include a couple of pizzas and a Benjamin or three! :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

SilverNotch

Established Member
I was just underneath my car and noticed that that bracket and weight for the diff is loose. Is it ok to remove that differential bottom weight? I noticed that it weighs a ton and in all your install pics you don't use it.

SilverNotch

Established Member
anybody? I found a couple weight savings threads and they say to remove this mott bar. Is this safe and what purpose does it serve?

Last edited:

Rusty67

Established Member
My understanding is that the purpose of the weight is to cancel drive line vibrations. I believe it is safe to remove as long as you have an aluminum drive shaft. Might want to wait for some confirmation on that.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I was just underneath my car and noticed that that bracket and weight for the diff is loose. Is it ok to remove that differential bottom weight? I noticed that it weighs a ton and in all your install pics you don't use it.

It's an NVH weight to compensate for the poor factory driveline angles in the Terminators. It's not needed and it does not go back on when you install the new aluminum front diff mounts.

Hope that helps.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread