Cobra Prototype?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Its hard to say w/o any documents...

It does have a "89" DSO which is a Ford Internal car of some sorts. So it has at least one thing going towards this guys story

Also he mentions it having Kar Kraft on it somewhere.... KK ended up with at least one 93 Cobra prototype that was based on a 92GT body/vin. It now belongs to a guy in N.C.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
cobra186 said:
Also he mentions it having Kar Kraft on it somewhere.... KK ended up with at least one 93 Cobra prototype that was based on a 92GT body/vin. It now belongs to a guy in N.C.

And that car is black... I remember seeing it a few times over the years, most recently at the 40th anniversary show in Nashville in 04...

See this thread for more info, sounds like the same car ....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130198&highlight=prototype

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I was referring to the red cobra "prototype" (92GT vin) that belongs to another board member. Its red, grey int, and has 93R wheels. It belonged to KarKraft and still has the windshield decal I believe.

bandit_48032

Established Member
I saw this car last night when I was looking through e-bay. Looks to good to be true! I wish I lived closer to where it's posted for sale! :(

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
It wasnt a Kar Kraft car, It was a Car Craft (magazine) car They had a build -up series on it it a big supercharger centerline wheels and was supposed to run 200 mph. I still have all the copies with it in them. The owner that had it a few years ago told me that ford sent the car to the magazine company already painted red,had all original cobra ground effects, but yes it was originally white.

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
cobr96 said:
It wasnt a Kar Kraft car, It was a Car Craft (magazine) car They had a build -up series on it it a big supercharger centerline wheels and was supposed to run 200 mph. I still have all the copies with it in them. The owner that had it a few years ago told me that ford sent the car to the magazine company already painted red,had all original cobra ground effects, but yes it was originally white.

Seems like I remember that article.... that would also explain the hole cut in the rear bumper.

I thought the seller might have just been misspelling Kar Kraft, using "C" instead since he has no mustang knowledge it seems.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
That odometer is off. I think he is lying about mileage because the numbers dont line up at all. Doesnt this happen after the odometer rolls over? also if it was once white and is now red, then why is the engine bay black?

Last edited:

Speedfreek

Established Member
Yes I know where the other prototype R that KarKraft had is;-) . While I have been tracking down info about it this car that is on ebay has came up as well. It was originally a body in white that was changed over to a Cobra R and yes it was the Carcraft magazine 200 mph car if it indeed is that car or that is what I have been told about it. Where as the other Prototype that KarKraft had is an original vibrant red car. And yea 186 it still has the KarKraft stickers on it.

Last edited:

R-MAN

Established Member
Proto

so was the car just like this when it was done:shrug: or did this guy add all the stuff seats gauges etc.

Speedfreek

Established Member
R-MAN said:
so was the car just like this when it was done:shrug: or did this guy add all the stuff seats gauges etc.

The one we have doesn't have all the gauges but did have the same seats and same cage.

CMcCarthy

Established Member
I'd almost certainly say its the Car Craft Magazine car. Note the Duttweiler sticker on the fan shroud, and the crazy looking roll cage.

SVT1993

Established Member
Weren't the 1st 500 upper intakes different on the original 1993 Cobra? Would there not be one of the "ledgeless" intakes on this car if it was a true prototype?

CMcCarthy

Established Member
There it is baby, March '93 issue....

cd_1_b.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread