Cobra R, SVT items and misc. stuff found on eBay and for sale elsewhere

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Since that appears to be the original SVT certificate to that particular 95R, that would be a steal deal if you owned that particular car. I would much rather have the original cert. than the "copy" that SVT sends out now with different names etc on the cert.

I am in full agreement.^^^^^^ Yes, there is information related to these cars, some specific to a particular car, some specific to the Cobra R's in general. This information is very valuable to many owners. My $80 comment was more sarcastic than anything, because I do know that information on these R cars is of great value to me, and I have paid dearly for it. I would guess that I am not alone?

R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Since that appears to be the original SVT certificate to that particular 95R, that would be a steal deal if you owned that particular car.

Who now owns #195? I searched my notes on the IMSA cars and couldn't locate it.

eBay said:
We built this vehicle into a race car on the very next day and raced it at the Sebring Fl circuit three days later to a 4th place finish in 1995. Later that same year this very same Cobra R Finished 4th in the( IMSA) International Motorsports Sports Association Endurance Championship.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
My guess would be that it was the 09 Hacker car which was later sold to Snipes as the #26 car. If my memory serves me correctly someone on this list currently owns this car.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I thought the build # sounded familar too

and that it was possibly an ex Hacker car since the ebay username was hack....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Yes.........$60,200.00

$90K (ended early) 11.5 mile 2000 Cobra R-------$60K reserve met sale 14K mile 2000 Cobra R, I wonder what a current realistic price is for a 525 original mile/unmodded 2000 Cobra R?? :shrug:

^^^^Especially when a member of this forum sold his 60 mile 2000 Cobra R wrapper for $58K a few months ago (within the past year). For some reason, the market has changed?!?!? Maybe the lack of R's currently offered for bid/sale?
R

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
My guess would be that it was the 09 Hacker car which was later sold to Snipes as the #26 car. If my memory serves me correctly someone on this list currently owns this car.
Wasn't that car badly wrecked at Road Atlanta in 1996? I assume it was rebodied?

svtguy said:
Looks like the $90K R might have encouraged others to sell?
I guess, but I don't trust eBay for honest selling prices.

00R#225 is now bid to $35K. You'd think it would be higher by now?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I guess, but I don't trust eBay for honest selling prices.
00R#225 is now bid to $35K. You'd think it would be higher by now?

It appears that this #225 was not a 7 day auction? It was not on eBay two days ago. "If" it is a 5 day auction, it has jumped to $35K within 24 hours and has had 9 bids. It is also overlapping #3's auction. Let's see if it goes higher after #3 ends.

R

michaelm

Established Member
2000 Ford : Mustang Cobra R
Item number: 260196391972

Bidding has ended for this item

Winning bid: US $60,200.00
(approximately C $58,899.67)
Ended: 29-Dec-07 14:59:17 EST
Sells to: United States, Canada
Item location: St Clair Shores, MI, United States
History: 17 bids
Winning bidder: User ID kept private
You can also: Email to a friend
Listing and payment details: HideShow

Starting time: 22-Dec-07 14:59:17 EST
Starting bid: US $200.00

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I can say with some certainty, from a phone call that I recieved this afternoon that this car was ended early because the seller, and person who called me came to an outside of eBay $$$ agreement. It too sold for approx. $50K-$60K if this is true. This is still well above what these cars were doing just a few short months ago. Low to mid $40K's were the "norm" for a car like this, some were even in the mid-high $30K's. This seller was not testing the market, he was interested in selling. The reserve was somewhere in the $50K's according to the person I talked to today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=220187086149&_trksid=p3907.m32

R

Last edited:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member

I think the #09 Hacker car is owned by Jim Stealman, but I could be confused:??: with the #9 car. I think Tom Shep. knows.

steve121

Established Member
Robert,
You are correct. I was at the owners of # 225 yesterday as my R is there for winter storage. The owner of the 11.5 mile R was in contact with him for a possible sale. I'm not sure of the final price but I know his reserve was in the mid 50's.

Luckilly for current owners I think the 2000 R's will continue to appreciate in value.

Steve

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

The 09 Hacker car was owned by Chuck Snipes. Snipes had a deal with Hacker and they built it into a race car and rented it for 1/2 the season, the other 1/2 Snipes raced his own car. Snipes took the car over and changed it to the stars and stripes paint scheme and it was raced as #26. It was wrecked in 96 at Road Atlanta in the "Rain Race". It now resides in my garage. It is #24 of 250.

Tom:rolling:;-)

Users who are viewing this thread