Cobra R, SVT items and misc. stuff found on eBay and for sale elsewhere

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
That 14.7K sounds very high unless the 2 top market has really taken an upward turn. It might even make me glad I kept mine.

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

93SVTCobra

Established Member
The obvious is the fact that the Cobra R badge is upside down but I'm going to assume there is something else different.

So how much would a slightly used complete 00 R engine be worth then?

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
The obvious is the fact that the Cobra R badge is upside down but I'm going to assume there is something else different.

So how much would a slightly used complete 00 R engine be worth then?

Yes the "COBRA R" has been installed facing the wrong way.

The price/value on a slightly used 00R engine? It depends upon how "slightly used", (11K miles weekends only?;-) ) but I would guess equal to, or greater than the 95R museum piece that sold on eBay for $7500 recently, especially if someone is truely interested in paying $3500 for an intake only. If it is actually "slightly used", not abused, it may go well beyond $7500 if it is at least as complete as the 95R museum piece.

R

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Robert M said:
Yes the "COBRA R" has been installed facing the wrong way.

R

I could be wrong here but I don't think it has actually been "installed." Looking at the side view shot it looks bowed up in the center as if it were just placed on there. I could very well be wrong though! Said he had the finish redone too. I think that price is a little "out there" though. -Mat-

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
SVT F15O said:
I could be wrong here but I don't think it has actually been "installed." Looking at the side view shot it looks bowed up in the center as if it were just placed on there. I could very well be wrong though! Said he had the finish redone too. I think that price is a little "out there" though. -Mat-

It may be laying on the intake for the pictures.

Someone else on here has refinished/smoothed their 00R upper intake. I don't remember why that was, maybe imperfections in the alum., or maybe clearcoat damage, I don't remember. I will let them chime-in if they happen to read this thread.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I would like to know if there is enough hood clearance when using a Ford Racing 00R hood to use this original 00R intake in a non-00R application if the engine craddle/body set-up that lowered the engine in the original 00R was not also used/installed? :shrug:

Can you imagine building an 00R clone and paying huge $$$ for a correct original intake only to find that the hood hits the engine?

R

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Robert M said:
I would like to know if there is enough hood clearance when using a Ford Racing 00R hood to use this original 00R intake in a non-00R application if the engine craddle/body set-up that lowered the engine in the original 00R was not also used/installed? :shrug:

Can you imagine building an 00R clone and paying huge $$$ for a correct original intake only to find that the hood hits the engine?

R

The FRPP '00R hood must be cut out in the back to clear the intake. For some reason the non-production hoods do not have this area of the hood relieved like the original 00R hoods.

The k-member is the same between the '00R and normal production Cobra/GT/V6. From what I understand they justed installed shims between the frame rails and kmember to add a little more space.

My '00R has a KB tubular k-member and the engine clears the hood even though it does not have the factory shims in place. The engine does sit about 1/2 higher now. Before you could slide fingers in between the strut tower brace and the intake.... now it has just barely enough room to get a rag between them.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
cobra186 said:
The FRPP '00R hood must be cut out in the back to clear the intake. For some reason the non-production hoods do not have this area of the hood relieved like the original 00R hoods.

The k-member is the same between the '00R and normal production Cobra/GT/V6. From what I understand they justed installed shims between the frame rails and kmember to add a little more space.

My '00R has a KB tubular k-member and the engine clears the hood even though it does not have the factory shims in place. The engine does sit about 1/2 higher now. Before you could slide fingers in between the strut tower brace and the intake.... now it has just barely enough room to get a rag between them.

Daryl - It looks as if the engine mounts are also 00R specific and lower the engine by 6mm as well as the shims added between the k-member and subframe, left and right. I wonder if some of this was also done to provide additional valve cover clearence in the master cylinder area?

Picture971-6.gif

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
I'm still totally surprised that nobody has bothered to copy this intake. doesn't look like it would be that hard to mold.

If I hit the mega millions I'll get right on that.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Robert, would you happen to have a part # for the intake plaque, (even though I know I won't be able to get one from the dealer) mine is cracked on all four corners at the screws.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
what do these things cost new? I know you can't really buy them, but I thought it was a possiblility if you actually owned an R some how through FORD.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
I'm still totally surprised that nobody has bothered to copy this intake. doesn't look like it would be that hard to mold.
I doubt those who have one, would want to donate one for the process...

Users who are viewing this thread