Concealed-carry permit holder shot and killed while reaching for wallet

cbj5259

Established Member
Some would say 25 is 25 too many and there should always be an effort to reduce this as much as possible.
No doubt, efforts should be made to reduce any human life being unnecessarily taken. However until you eliminate the human tendency to make mistakes...stuff like this will happen. Until robots take over police work, innocent lives will regretfully and mistakenly sometimes be lost. I would argue that given the gravity and serious nature of what the police do that the rate of mistakes is far less than other fields. The problem is when a mistake is made a life can lost.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Branhammer

Established Member
I doesn't take long to get a wallet out. Mines always out hands on the wheel before the cop even gets out his car.

If you're the type that fumbles around for a wallet for 60 seconds please sit still.

And if you're the type that looks like a hoodlum understand you are 10 times as likely to get shot.

Did you just rationalize the extent to which someone "fumbles for their wallet" as a life or death situation? LMAO

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
What? Did you see that gun the cop had pointed at the car? And him telling her not to move? You must have wanted to see two black people dead instead of one cause had she made any sudden movements she would have gotten shot too.

Dude "fit a description" and the cop was ready. Black guy in a crown vic? Yeah cop already had him pegged as a criminal.

What does a hoodlum look like?
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...-HNAhWC4CYKHYI7DP8QMwhzKBUwFQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
That is correct, per capita more blacks are shot. More blacks also live in poverty per capita too and commit more homicides per capita as well. Some would say that using facts and stats to back up an argument is racist but they do speak for themselves. The bottom line is that annually about 200 to 250 blacks are killed by police. There are about 45 million blacks in this country. The rate for justified police shootings stands at over 97%, but for the sake of argument let's say 90% of all shootings are legally justified. So if 250 blacks are killed annually by the police then absolute worst case scenario is that 25 innocent blacks a year are murdered by the police. I would hazard a guess that if you are black that your risk for being struck by lightning is probably about the same. So out of a population of 45 million people the police kill 25 people unjustifiably. Hardly an epidemic.

If lightning kills blacks and cops kill blacks in equal measure, then lightning must be equal to cops. And if per capita there are more lightning than cops, then cops must be more likely to strike black men than lightning.
Therefore, blacks are to lightning as cops are to hippopotamus.

I think that about covers it.

cbj5259

Established Member
If lightning kills blacks and cops kill blacks in equal measure, then lightning must be equal to cops. And if per capita there are more lightning than cops, then cops must be more likely to strike black men than lightning.
Therefore, blacks are to lightning as cops are to hippopotamus.

I think that about covers it.
Ok. Although I think there are more lightning strikes than police.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Mustangs leaving Cars and Coffee kill more people.

On that note though... I have actually been struck by lightning. No bueno.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Sit completely still = get tasered, beat with a baton and arrested for "not complying"

Reach for your wallet = get shot

Reach for glove compartment = get shot

Sneeze = get shot

Flinch when a bee flies through the window and stings you = get shot

Its a hot summer day and you reach to scratch your itchy balls = get shot

I dont think that our troops in afghanistan in active combat zones are as trigger happy as some cops in anytown USA. I'd say we have a serious problem here. :rolleyes:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Mustangs leaving Cars and Coffee kill more people.

On that note though... I have actually been struck by lightning. No bueno.

No kidding? I have also been struck by lightning, but never by a cop.

Have you ever been struck by a cop?

It seems we have some anomalies in our statistics already, but I am not black either.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I also did not know that a white V-neck t-shirt was the uniform of "the hoodlum."
If your appearance is outside the norm you are more likely to be treated differently and with more suspicion. Not saying it applies to this case, just stating a fact.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
No kidding? I have also been struck by lightning, but never by a cop.

Have you ever been struck by a cop?

It seems we have some anomalies in our statistics already, but I am not black either.

Nope.. Never struck by a cop. I guess I'm lucky that way. The lightning should have killed me. Hey.. probably like a bad cop. I see the connection.

Branhammer

Established Member
Who defines the norm?

To be fair, I believe PowerWheels isn't necessarily agreeing with it, just stating that it "is what it is" and don't take the risk if you're not willing to accept said risk, which I guess I sort of understand. You usually can't change a persons perception.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I'm not agreeing, correct.

This particular black guy appears to fit societies norm.

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member
Man the police investigate themselves, that justified by law crap means nothing. How many of those "justified" shootings also involve settlements with the families? If the shootings are so justified you should not be paying out any settlments
The police do not investigate their own shootings. The DA or AG always leads any police involved shooting. They are separate entities. Now, if you have a problem with that then I don't know what to tell you. You have to have someone with with some professional competency and expertise in that field conduct an investigation. Would you have a bunch of mechanics investigate a medical malpractice case or would you have medical professionals? You need law enforcement professionals to investigate law enforcement.

cbj5259

Established Member
Sit completely still = get tasered, beat with a baton and arrested for "not complying"

Reach for your wallet = get shot

Reach for glove compartment = get shot

Sneeze = get shot

Flinch when a bee flies through the window and stings you = get shot

Its a hot summer day and you reach to scratch your itchy balls = get shot

I dont think that our troops in afghanistan in active combat zones are as trigger happy as some cops in anytown USA. I'd say we have a serious problem here. :rolleyes:
How many times have you been shot by the police?
For that matter, I'd be interested to see how many people on SVTP have been shot by the police. Should be a decent sample size. I'm going to go out on a limb and say 0.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Let's hope the DA has more integrity than The AG we just witnessed.

If not, the cop won't even be aware he did something questionable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread