Concealed-carry permit holder shot and killed while reaching for wallet

earl lee

Established Member
Black with a CCW or black with no CCW same result. Translation if you black and you have a gun legal or not you will die. The right to bear arms clearly does not apply to minorities.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
They also love to assert their superiority in the hierarchical pecking order of the criminal justice system. Cops are a necessary evil for them to bring charges and clear cases and get convictions. Cops are the shitbird worker ants to them. At the end of the day, most DA'S relish when they can bag a cop. It's like a trophy on their mantle.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

and this is why prosecutors should be going after the truth and not convictions..

mulchman

Established Member
Black with a CCW or black with no CCW same result. Translation if you black and you have a gun legal or not you will die. The right to bear arms clearly does not apply to minorities.

Way to generalize...

[video=youtube;AhLmjUZB5V0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhLmjUZB5V0[/video]

Not only did he not get shot, the cop shook his hand.

Last edited:

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
This is why all police should be suited with a body cam.

Not enough information available to say either side was at fault here.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
This is why all police should be suited with a body cam.

Not enough information available to say either side was at fault here.

+1, I don't see how this is still an issue. Don't tell me it's money, that's BS. If you can equip a cop with a vehicle, you can find a way to buy a bodycam. (I am not directing this at you venom)

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Camera girl seems crazy calm. Good thing she thought to facebook it instead of helping the dying man. Smells like a setup.

She can't quite get out of the car, since there is someone with an itchy trigger finger outside, that apparently shoots anything that moves.

+1, I don't see how this is still an issue. Don't tell me it's money, that's BS. If you can equip a cop with a vehicle, you can find a way to buy a bodycam. (I am not directing this at you venom)

If that's the excuse, they need to get them lower cost vehicles, then. Gotta break even somehow.

Last edited:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
If the media is going to start posting shooting videos, they should post them all and not hand select the ones that fit the narrative they are pushing. Over twice as many whites are killed by the police. Guess they are all cut and dry I suppose? Or maybe the media is pushing an agenda?

I am curious to know which news outlets are pushing this the most. Weird how right after Hillary gets off in a VERY controversial way the media starts pushing this race-baiting BS to turn the heads of the sheep. I wonder if there is any correlation.

oldmodman

Established Member
I would like to know a few things.
1) Why was the girl held all night against her will by the police.
2) Further "investigation" has now determined that the "broken tail light' was not broken and works properly. So the officer that committed the murder lied about the initial reason for the stop.
3) Why was the deceased's mother refused permission to see her son at the hospital? He doesn't belong to the police. He is her son.

Maybe having a bullet resistant car isn't such a stupid expense after all.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
I believe in the 2A and right to bear arms etc and have my CT carry permit. I do not carry a gun because of this probable scenario and the events that most likely unfolded. The risk return trade-off is just not worth it. Statically speaking I am more likely to get pulled over for a speeding ticket and while reaching for my insurance and reg the LEO notices something sticking out and a hand nearby….. bam! I am dead. Not worth it for .01% million chance I need to defend myself.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I believe in the 2A and right to bear arms etc and have my CT carry permit. I do not carry a gun because of this probable scenario and the events that most likely unfolded. The risk return trade-off is just not worth it. Statically speaking I am more likely to get pulled over for a speeding ticket and while reaching for my insurance and reg the LEO notices something sticking out and a hand nearby….. bam! I am dead. Not worth it for .01% million chance I need to defend myself.

I would have to see some info on the amount of times a CCW holder was shot in a traffic stop before I believe it's more likely for it to happen than a mugging/assault.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
NRA needs to stand behind Castillo IF the claims offered so far are true. Guy was a lawful carrier of a firearm and was murdered. Again, IF the narrative told so far is true.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I am sick of seeing people pass judgement based on the videos we have. We don't know who is truly at fault in these videos. THis one shows a many slumped over, bloodied. That's it. The rest of the info is coming from the girlfriend in the video, which we know is accurate, right?

In the other cases, we see a crappy video where the cell phone is swinging everywhere, and you can't see the suspects hands and what they are doing. Yes, I am to believe he didn't reach for a gun?

The media and you idiots need to stop putting people on trial before you have all the facts. It's making the relationship between police and the public even worse. It's not making it get better!

+1

MG01GT

Established Member
There are two shooting videos going around right now. One justified and one not (this one). This is just the new mentality of the militarized police to treat everyone as an enemy combatant. Makes them jumpy. When they get jumpy someone loses a life who should not have.

See this a I cant agree... and most military personnel would argue that we are far better trained then to be just jumpy.. not saying that your implying that this is how the military operates, but when you say militarized police that comes down to equipment and to some degree tactics which is usually relegated to SWAT and special units of sorts not the standard working the daily grind officer. so the correlation here is a little off if you ask me. What this comes down to is horrible and more than likely lackadaisical training, as well as something internally wrong with the officer. Jobs like these you need to be able to read people, understand your surroundings, treat everyone with respect but have a plan to protect yourself. Bottom line is this was a bad and completely unjustified shooting.... straight up murder.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
You want to know what is ironic?

Because of the BLM movement, I now just assume that every cop killing is justified until I see damning evidence and proof that supports the contrary. They have come to the defense of so many people that were justly shot, that I now just assume they were probably shot for good reason.

I am not saying that is what happened here, but I am merely stating a real life example of how the BLM movement affects me personally. A movement that is purportedly aimed at helping minorities has done nothing but hurt them IMO.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What's even worse is he just *said* that he had a gun and a CCW. He never held or brandished his weapon.

When I took my CCW classes, given by county cops, they told us to never use the word "gun" during an interaction with police. They explained to the class that this is a trigger word and would likely escalate the situation. They advised us to use "firearm" or "weapon" instead.

In IL we aren't obligated to tell police we are a CCW holder carrying a weapon unless they ask. I haven't crossed that bridge yet (having an interaction with a cop while carrying) however communication will be priority so no one misunderstands what is happening and a tragic mistake is made.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just say weather I am carrying a weapon or not. I've had it drilled into my head that guns are on ships, not hips.

Users who are viewing this thread