Concealed-carry permit holder shot and killed while reaching for wallet

oldmodman

Established Member
If this had happened in Los Angeles that poor dead guys little girl would be set for life.

Probably be seeing a settlement in the eight figures. I wonder how she will be remembering this trip outwith mom and dad?

cbj5259

Established Member
Let's hope the DA has more integrity than The AG we just witnessed.

If not, the cop won't even be aware he did something questionable.
She killed 4 people too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

KurtDog

Established Member
Camera girl seems crazy calm. Good thing she thought to facebook it instead of helping the dying man. Smells like a setup.

Yea, she totally made the cop pull her boyfriends car over then shoot him 4 times. The cop was just an innocent victim.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Smells like a setup.

Which perfectly explains why she missed recording the initial interaction and the shooting itself.

As for the shooting:

1) Why did the officer have his gun drawn and ready to shoot when the man was stopped for a broken tail light, had a legal CCW, his girlfriend next to him and daughter in the back seat?
It was not like it was a high speed chase with a car load of gang bangers

Great question. At this point it appears that he had no reason to have a gun drawn to begin with. Broken tail-light is a minor equipment violation.

What? Did you see that gun the cop had pointed at the car? And him telling her not to move? You must have wanted to see two black people dead instead of one cause had she made any sudden movements she would have gotten shot too.

Dude "fit a description" and the cop was ready. Black guy in a crown vic? Yeah cop already had him pegged as a criminal.

What does a hoodlum look like?

Agreed on all points.

There are two shooting videos going around right now. One justified and one not (this one). This is just the new mentality of the militarized police to treat everyone as an enemy combatant. Makes them jumpy. When they get jumpy someone loses a life who should not have.

Much more info is coming out on the Alton Sterling shooting, including additional witness accounts and additional video.

Did you just rationalize the extent to which someone "fumbles for their wallet" as a life or death situation? LMAO

No kidding. Fumble for wallet=instant death.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I think statistics would support, fumblers are more likely to be shot.

LOL.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
To be fair, I believe PowerWheels isn't necessarily agreeing with it, just stating that it "is what it is" and don't take the risk if you're not willing to accept said risk, which I guess I sort of understand. You usually can't change a persons perception.

So he made a statement irrelevant to this situation trying to insinuate something. Got it.

The police do not investigate their own shootings. The DA or AG always leads any police involved shooting. They are separate entities.

They're still in the same bed. No?

cbj5259

Established Member
So he made a statement irrelevant to this situation trying to insinuate something. Got it.

They're still in the same bed. No?
Lol, I will chalk this up to you not being in law enforcement. The DA or AG is not on my team, I can assure you that. Maybe on SVU law an order they are, but in the real world...no. If you have been a cop long enough you have had the misfortune of having a DA shove it up your ass more than once. They are politicians first and foremost. Either way, in this case it will be turned over to the feds...and that is a four letter word for cops anyway.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Lol, I will chalk this up to you not being in law enforcement. The DA or AG is not on my team, I can assure you that. Maybe on SVU law an order they are, but in the real world...no. If you have been a cop long enough you have had the misfortune of having a DA shove it up your ass more than once. They are politicians first and foremost. Either way, in this case it will be turned over to the feds...and that is a four letter word for cops anyway.

Does the DA not depend on cops/LEO for evidence to prosecute people? They work together and to deny that is being dishonest to a degree. You are correct I am some what ignorant to ALL aspects of the relationship between DA's and LEO's but I know they DO work together.

cbj5259

Established Member
Does the DA not depend on cops/LEO for evidence to prosecute people? They work together and to deny that is being dishonest to a degree. You are correct I am some what ignorant to ALL aspects of the relationship between DA's and LEO's but I know they DO work together.
We submit a case to them and they say if we have enough to prosecute or not. Once the case is turned over to them the next time I see a DA is when I am on the stand. They are simply another entity in the criminal justice system. If you call that "working together" than I guess that's what it is. The symbiotic relationship that TV loves to romanticize about cops and DA'S is pure fiction.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
We submit a case to them and they say if we have enough to prosecute or not. Once the case is turned over to them the next time I see a DA is when I am on the stand. They are simply another entity in the criminal justice system. If you call that "working together" than I guess that's what it is. The symbiotic relationship that TV loves to romanticize about cops and DA'S is pure fiction.

Got it.

Troponin

Established Member
I am sick of seeing people pass judgement based on the videos we have. We don't know who is truly at fault in these videos. THis one shows a many slumped over, bloodied. That's it. The rest of the info is coming from the girlfriend in the video, which we know is accurate, right?

In the other cases, we see a crappy video where the cell phone is swinging everywhere, and you can't see the suspects hands and what they are doing. Yes, I am to believe he didn't reach for a gun?

The media and you idiots need to stop putting people on trial before you have all the facts. It's making the relationship between police and the public even worse. It's not making it get better!

cbj5259

Established Member
They also love to assert their superiority in the hierarchical pecking order of the criminal justice system. Cops are a necessary evil for them to bring charges and clear cases and get convictions. Cops are the shitbird worker ants to them. At the end of the day, most DA'S relish when they can bag a cop. It's like a trophy on their mantle.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
This is why I'm okay with the idea of LEO's having body cams. It protects THEM as well as civilians.

cbj5259

Established Member
I am sick of seeing people pass judgement based on the videos we have. We don't know who is truly at fault in these videos. THis one shows a many slumped over, bloodied. That's it. The rest of the info is coming from the girlfriend in the video, which we know is accurate, right?

In the other cases, we see a crappy video where the cell phone is swinging everywhere, and you can't see the suspects hands and what they are doing. Yes, I am to believe he didn't reach for a gun?

The media and you idiots need to stop putting people on trial before you have all the facts. It's making the relationship between police and the public even worse. It's not making it get better!
I Agree with what you are saying, but unfortunately that is not the Era we live in. Initial impressions count and the initial impression is that this looks like a bad shooting.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The media and you idiots need to stop putting people on trial before you have all the facts.

58495885.jpg

cbj5259

Established Member
Someone will probably be offended by this. All of the memes with white guys holding guns and you chose a meme with a black man.

Welcome to 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread