Corvette Z06 Owners Hit GM With Class-Action Lawsuit

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The owners manuals and possibly other marketing information for the GT350 explicitly told people to add coolers and such to the non track pack cars if they planned to use it on the track.

That's great and all. But you advertise the car as a track car and then put a footnote in the owners manual that it's not to be driven on a track without doing something to it? I mean really come on.

That's like selling you the newest 4k TV for 2k bucks and finding out it's only 4k capable.

"You need to install the 400 dollar widget in the back to make it work. Didn't you read the manual?"

Then why advertise it as 4k?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's great and all. But you advertise the car as a track car and then put a footnote in the owners manual that it's not to be driven on a track without doing something to it? I mean really come on.

That's like selling you the newest 4k TV for 2k bucks and finding out it's only 4k capable.

"You need to install the 400 dollar widget in the back to make it work. Didn't you read the manual?"

The on track ads specifically state that it's a track pack car.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

On track ads stated its the track pack or R variant. Big difference between Chevy's top model advertised for the track failing on track vs. a base model GT350 where Ford states you need additional coolers failing on the track.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
its the owners fault, expecting a car to perform as advertised is just unrealistic. How dare there track a car without investing thousands in warranty voiding modifications. Idiots..

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

Attachments

• cosworth.jpg
    cosworth.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 136

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Would the new cobra R go straight to the track, run hard, and be ok put up wet? Got to say, Id like to try to find out. If we are talking all oem

ive talked to a few GT350 owners who have taken their cars, in showroom condition, to the track without issues. not sure if track pack or not. so id imagine the R would come with all the requisite coolers standard. typically the main issue is brakes, and tires. supposedly the GT350 brakes are good to go right out of the box. coolers? that's kinda lame. ive taken my gt500 on track and beat on it pretty good all day without any major issues (heat soak once). i dont have any oil or trans coolers. just some extra cooling for the blower via twin fan HE. i would imagine a $100k "trackable" car would be good to go with maybe brake pad and fluid change. shit ive seen people track the hell out of their cars on mismatched street tires lol.

i talked to one vette owner who dumped their C7z for failing on track days. then picked up a C7 Z51 and said its been issue free.

not only that, but GM announced that they had corrected the issues with the Z06s on the new cars.
http://jalopnik.com/looks-like-chevy-is-fixing-the-corvette-z06s-cooling-pr-1784072034

and ive read people say the GS is the better track car. GM shouldnt have put a blower on the Z. had they not, ie a grand sport, they'd probably be doing just fine. they should have left the blowers to the ZR1s. but im sure they figured they'd sell WAAAY more Z06s if they were supercharged because HP sells cars.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Interesting fact. They have much better odds on the Z06 lawsuit compared to the GT350 one imho, but i'm not a lawyer.

On the corvette forum. Someone showed where this in lawsuit they had copied and pasted alot from the Ford suit and forgot to change Ford to Chevrolet.

Coiled03

Established Member
I'm not sure what's hard to understand. If the car is advertised as track capable off the showroom floor, I wouldn't expect to have to put any additional money into it to go to a track day. Could I? Sure I could, and probably would. But it shouldn't be necessary.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Three things.

#1. I'm gonna have to say that I'd have to agree with some of the consumers here. Look at the advertising and it's the Z06 known as the track focused corvette. The huge picture at the top of the page is it setting on a track http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-z06-supercar
Z06 offers your choice of standard Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP summer-only tires†(3) or the track-proven Michelin Pilot Sport Cup
The available 8-speed paddle-shift offers the smooth control of an automatic but with quick, precise shifts and manual mode for track driving.
The track-inspired Z06 etc. I guess it doesn't specify 1 lap at the track or 100 though.

#2. @03cobra#694 has been busy editing these arguing posts a lot lately

#3. Limp mode is never a good thing unless you are standing in front of the class giving a presentation.

I thought limp mode was :

1. Missing 3rd gear with a drivers glove
on

2. Going in to seal the deal and she whispers " I have herpes"

3. The new car dealer asks for a blowie to test drive the new FGT

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
its the owners fault, expecting a car to perform as advertised is just unrealistic. How dare there track a car without investing thousands in warranty voiding modifications. Idiots..

Since they are choosing not to purchase the vehicle that's advertised. It is the owners fault.

ive talked to a few GT350 owners who have taken their cars, in showroom condition, to the track without issues. not sure if track pack or not. so id imagine the R would come with all the requisite coolers standard. typically the main issue is brakes, and tires. supposedly the GT350 brakes are good to go right out of the box. coolers? that's kinda lame. ive taken my gt500 on track and beat on it pretty good all day without any major issues (heat soak once). i dont have any oil or trans coolers. just some extra cooling for the blower via twin fan HE. i would imagine a $100k "trackable" car would be good to go with maybe brake pad and fluid change. shit ive seen people track the hell out of their cars on mismatched street tires lol.

i talked to one vette owner who dumped their C7z for failing on track days. then picked up a C7 Z51 and said its been issue free.

not only that, but GM announced that they had corrected the issues with the Z06s on the new cars.
http://jalopnik.com/looks-like-chevy-is-fixing-the-corvette-z06s-cooling-pr-1784072034

and ive read people say the GS is the better track car. GM shouldnt have put a blower on the Z. had they not, ie a grand sport, they'd probably be doing just fine. they should have left the blowers to the ZR1s. but im sure they figured they'd sell WAAAY more Z06s if they were supercharged because HP sells cars.

The z51 and gs are better track cars than the z06 or zr1. Just as the gt3 is a better track car than the Turbo.
Just as the 17 ss 1le is a better track car than the 17 zl1.

Yet people will still say the zl1 is better than the gt3 or 350 because it has a better hero lap....

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Since they are choosing not to purchase the vehicle that's advertised. It is the owners fault.

The z51 and gs are better track cars than the z06 or zr1. Just as the gt3 is a better track car than the Turbo.
Just as the 17 ss 1le is a better track car than the 17 zl1.

Yet people will still say the zl1 is better than the gt3 or 350 because it has a better hero lap....

HP + Ring times = profit/sales!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I thought limp mode was :

1. Missing 3rd gear with a drivers glove
on

2. Going in to seal the deal and she whispers " I have herpes"

3. The new car dealer asks for a blowie to test drive the new FGT

You won't miss 3rd gear with a drivers glove on man.

Users who are viewing this thread