Cowards of Broward County

Blu13gt

Established Member
Says it on just about every single patrol car i have ever seen. It was also in my swearing in oath. To protect and serve.

But thats non of my business.

Sent from my Schlong using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It might say it in your oath and on your car. Legally its not binding in most places but thats none of my business....... Wait yes it is when the police arent legally obligated to protect people in most places yet they government is stedily trying to reduce and/or eliminate my ability to protect myself.

Blu13gt

Established Member
Don't get me wrong. I know most police would go in there without waiting for backup or only waitng a few seconds if backup was seconds away. My point here is that the police are not under a legal obligation to put themselves at risk for others in most places. That don't mean they wont lose thier job because of department POLICY. It means they can't be held legally or civilly liable for not doing what most people believe they are supposed to do. Which needs to change. If police can't be legally compelled to defend citizens then these same citizens shouldn't be legally compelled to give up any means of self defens they chose to have/use. (they shouldn't be regardless but ABSOLUTLY not until police are obligated to take that responsibility).

_Snake_

Established Member
The training needs to also come from the board of education teaching students and teachers to get the **** out now! 90% of killings in mass shootings actually come from ppl hiding and then being found and shot. Most mass shooting are over in under 6 minutes.

It’s safer to shelter in place than to try to escape.

shurur

Established Member
Don't get me wrong. I know most police would go in there without waiting for backup or only waitng a few seconds if backup was seconds away. My point here is that the police are not under a legal obligation to put themselves at risk for others in most places. That don't mean they wont lose thier job because of department POLICY. It means they can't be held legally or civilly liable for not doing what most people believe they are supposed to do. Which needs to change. If police can't be legally compelled to defend citizens then these same citizens shouldn't be legally compelled to give up any means of self defens they chose to have/use. (they shouldn't be regardless but ABSOLUTLY not until police are obligated to take that responsibility).

Then there is the problem of SOGs vs SOPs.
Mere "Guidelines" give cowards a way out of their "duty."

When you have SROs with more than 20 years experience in LE and this happens; you have to wonder how adding more police is going to help.

Now LE wants overtime $$$...Meanwhile teacher's pay is the complaint of the day.....everyday...and some want to arm the teacher's besides...and pay them more..

It is starting to look like the Simpson's episode where someone in the crowd says. "How much more money do we need to pay before we can feel safe again." (..not an exact quote..but close enough).

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Then there is the problem of SOGs vs SOPs.
Mere "Guidelines" give cowards a way out of their "duty."

When you have SROs with more than 20 years experience in LE and this happens; you have to wonder how adding more police is going to help.

Now LE wants overtime $$$...Meanwhile teacher's pay is the complaint of the day.....everyday...and some want to arm the teacher's besides...and pay them more..

It is starting to look like the Simpson's episode where someone in the crowd says. "How much more money do we need to pay before we can feel safe again." (..not an exact quote..but close enough).

Let the truth be told.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I do find it funny that almost every cop on this forum hasn't came on here and said they wouldn't have acted this away or how they feel let down by their "brothers in blue". Just standing quiet not throwing the gutless and "bad" cops under the bus.

I can almost guarantee that when this news came down, it was addressed at every single role call in agencies throughout the country. And the consensus is that most officers would go in. Would never act the way that they did. And I think a vast majority of LEO's would go in. You go in no matter what. First responsibility is to neutralize the threat. You can deal with the backlash of disobeying an order to wait to go in later on down the line. It's an embarrassment to the profession, the uniform, the agency, the coward's families, and the town/county/state where they were employed the way those first cowards responded.

I will add that there are some departmental policies in place where you must wait and form a contact team. But that doesn't mean most would wait hearing the screams and gunfire. I'd rather see myself trying to neutralize the threat and being turned into swiss cheese rather than another child being harmed.

shurur

Established Member
I can almost guarantee that when this news came down, it was addressed at every single role call in agencies throughout the country. And the consensus is that most officers would go in. Would never act the way that they did. And I think a vast majority of LEO's would go in. You go in no matter what. First responsibility is to neutralize the threat. You can deal with the backlash of disobeying an order to wait to go in later on down the line. It's an embarrassment to the profession, the uniform, the agency, the coward's families, and the town/county/state where they were employed the way those first cowards responded.

I will add that there are some departmental policies in place where you must wait and form a contact team. But that doesn't mean most would wait hearing the screams and gunfire. I'd rather see myself trying to neutralize the threat and being turned into swiss cheese rather than another child being harmed.

I still want to believe what you say, despite my past history with LE..I want to believe in you guys being good folks, despite my watching LE lie against me on the stand.

Thank you for your very thoughtful response.

I have been substitute teaching in FL HCPS for three years now.. and it scares the shit out of me to think of arming teachers...This is because of the dynamics of classroom interaction. Teachers are being tasked to teach, discipline (control the classroom), and ..now.. respond to a threat.?? I question the motivation of any teacher wanting to carry a gun. I say this as a former (resigned) member of the NRA, survivor of the NH castle law justice system and a staunch questioner of any authority in general.

I think we need to have resource officers who are not ready to retire (not afraid of getting hurt.. young "immortals" ) and Admin that are actively patrolling the halls. This is what I look for in the schools that I substitute at.

And my commitment is to not undermine their authority within my own classroom. I need them, admin and SROs, to make the students afraid to leave the classroom and not hold it against me when I call them for help it that goal. The rest is mine.

I am against LE being paid OT in this and all too eager teachers being armed.

I had thought of starting a thread on this issue (hint, hint to someone else ), but hesitate, because I know I am on a shit list with LE on this forum.

My aim is true.
I plan on trying teaching at a few detention centers in the near future, as I surprisingly have made some friends with folks who work at those facilities and actually work with folks who have been through those facilities.

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-pol...tes-gun-legislation-in-rare-saturday-session/

I am interested in what others think about the idea of arming teachers is..especially from LE and teachers.

Again, thanks for your thoughtful response to my post... indirectly as it may be..

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Between the FBI not doing their job with this guy, and police not being legally obligated to defend me from a person actively trying to kill me, you can take your gun bans that strip my means of protecting myself and shove them straight up your ass.

Gravik

Established Member
Haha. They got reamed so hard they got rid of the review section on Facebook

3e2ba98f0e966ad24956f7066fe1c3ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
thread bump from above haha

I have no idea what I would do in that situation so I will not pretend to have a valid opinion. I'd like to think I would I enter with the intent of covering escaping students while making my way toward the sounds of the shooting, but I really hope I never have to make that call.

Or when a republican member of Congress was shot, or when over 50 country music fans were killed in Vegas....

They didn't go nuts about the Congressional shooting because they were republican targets and the shooter, like the majority of shooters, was a Lefty. They did get up in arms (sorry) about the 2A after Vegas, but again, the victims were Repubs and according to the article posted earlier, their MSM overlords were instructed to wait so they were divided. The tinfoil hat wearers may say that Vegas was a set up and that Their plan didn't work, others said that this was all part of their plan. Gradually step it up.
Then guns were drawn on children, at a school. Lights. Camera. Action. Enter puppets, martyrs, screaming, boycotts, etc. Campaign platforms were built with pillars made of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that day. As someone that grew up in south Florida, something that bothers me (besides all of the obvious) is the "woman that saved the Everglades" has been replaced in history as an acronym for the site of a mass shooting.
The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.
Everything that you see on tv, internet, or any sort of print, is in one shape or form propaganda selling you an ideology or a product. Objective mainstream media is dead. Do your own research, always be aware of where you are getting your information and WHO PAYS THEM, and make your own decisions. There are some shady things going on behind the scenes that you and I will never be privy to. Dots can be forced to be connected if you try hard enough, but do not deny the fact that there are dots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread