Current New Vehicle Market

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I want a new half ton but I won't buy one until I can get $10-12k off like usual
Might be doable if you want a TRX and order from a few of the dealers offering close to that amount off MSRP.

(if the truck ever gets built)

robvas

Established Member
There is just almost zero discounts right now

Gm employee price on a 50k Silverado is 45k

Then you get something like 500 bonus cash and that's it....

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
There is just almost zero discounts right now

Gm employee price on a 50k Silverado is 45k

Then you get something like 500 bonus cash and that's it....

Saw a GMC $2,000 cash back offer on TV last night. The local GMC lot is bare, so whatever.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
2 family members purchased gmc's last weekend.
2022 - 2500 SLE crew cab 4x4 with 6.6 = $3k off msrp
2022 - 1500 elevation crew cab 4x2 with 2.7 = $4k off msrp

The 2500 was on the lot an the 1500 was in transit.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I want a new half ton but I won't buy one until I can get $10-12k off like usual

Heh heh heh... I hear ya!

I thank my "lucky-stars" and "spidey" senses back in 2019!

'Cause Ford had their "Black-Friday" November month-long promotion [2019].

I got $10K off MSRP on my Ranger XLT Crew-cab 4x4 [No trade-in involved]
Ford gave me extra rebate $$$ since I own a Toyota Tacoma; all I had to do was show the dealer an active title with my name on it.

MSRP was $36K on the truck & I got it for $26K before tax/title/Reg/Doc-fee

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
So looks like some of these are actually starting to come in. This guy says he ordered on 10/29.

I do realize 10k off these 74-94k trucks aren't like the typical f150 discounts, but in the current market it's not a bad deal IMO and hopefully mine will be here sooner than later

6cc31874e102f48dc6728a73b9705476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
So looks like some of these are actually starting to come in. This guy says he ordered on 10/29.

I do realize 10k off these 74-94k trucks aren't like the typical f150 discounts, but in the current market it's not a bad deal IMO and hopefully mine will be here sooner than later

6cc31874e102f48dc6728a73b9705476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My nephew just ordered a Challenger from them, they had the best deal hands down.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just read this on Fox News this morning. Looks like more new vehicles are going to be selling for OVER MSRP due to high demand and low inventories. Will this trend increase into 2022?

'Tis the season … for bad new car deals.
Hyundai and Kia are getting top dollar for their in-demand models.

Hyundai and Kia are getting top dollar for their in-demand models. (Patrick T. Fallon/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

This year has been one of the worst for car shoppers with low supplies caused by the coronavirus pandemic leading to record high prices. The average cost of a new car sold in November hit $46,329, according to Kelly Blue Book, and relief does not appear to be in sight. Some cars are in higher demand than others, of course, and Consumer Reports has rounded up worst of them in a top 10 list ranked by average price paid over MSRP.

It just so happens that they're all from the Hyundai/Kia group, so beware when you head to a dealership for either brand.

Kia Rio: 19% over MSRP​

Kia Telluride: 18% over MSRP​

The Kia Telluride is one of the most-awarded models of recent years.

The Kia Telluride is one of the most-awarded models of recent years. (Kia)

Kia Sorento Hybrid: 18% over MSRP​

Kia Seltos: 18% over MSRP​

Hyundai Kona Electric: 18% over MSRP​

Kia K5: 18% over MSRP​

Hyundai Tucson: 18% over MSRP​

The Hyundai Tucson is the brand's best-selling model.

The Hyundai Tucson is the brand's best-selling model. (Hyundai)

Hyundai Venue: 18% over MSRP​

Kia Forte: 17% over MSRP​

Kia Carnival: 17% over MSRP​

Consumer Reports says the Chevrolet Equinox LT is currently available with the best deal.

Consumer Reports says the Chevrolet Equinox LT is currently available with the best deal. There are some vehicles that can still be had for under MSRP, however, with the best deal on one with a Consumer Reports recommendation being the 2022 Chevrolet Equinox LT with 1LT AWD that's available for 13% below list with an incentive that runs through January 3, 2022.

Gary Gastelu is FoxNews.com's Automotive Editor covering the car industry and racing. Follow @foxnewsautos

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
This really makes me want to sell my gt500 but at the same time I don’t want to pay the going rate for a 13/14 gt500. Relief will starting coming slowly in q3 22’ if whom I’m talking to in the industries are correct.

smitty2919

Established Member

Yea, you tell them! Screw them they ain't gettin your money! :cautious:

I'm pretty confident that when I found a new 2021 Sierra on a dealer lot in March '21 we got it before they decided to jack up prices. AFAIK, local GM dealers still can't order what we wanted (2500 SLT Sierra gasser crew cab). They will order you an AT4 or Denali lol. I'm glad we found one when we did.

q6543

Established Member
I'm starting to piece together a theory.

Is used car supply at some crazy all time low...or

Has the proliferation of online used car conglomerates artificially bought up the float and restricted supply

Ie... is this carvana, vroom, trucar etc... manipulating what used to be a dealership/private sellers market.
Honest question.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I want to get rid of my truck… but it’s such a pain to deal with places right now

I legit drive it once a week… and no point in having it

mariusvt

Established Member
I sold my commuter 2015 sonata to carvana for what I paid for it 4 years ago after putting 50k miles on it. Glad to be out of it since I haven't had to go in the office in almost 2 years and the ticking time bomb that is their 2.4l motor.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

Has the proliferation of online used car conglomerates artificially bought up the float and restricted supply

Ie... is this carvana, vroom, trucar etc... manipulating what used to be a dealership/private sellers market.
Honest question.

Not sure your online retailer theory is any good. I sold my RS5 to Carvana and they had it sold to the next guy in 2 weeks for a fair price (based on what they bought it from me + their costs). I think these online joints want to deal in massive volume and are ok with smaller margins to turn inventory ultra fast.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Honest question.

I saw a report earlier this year that the average age of vehicles owned by the general population was older than it's been in a very long time. If they were buying up everything and sitting on them I don't think report would play out the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread