Custom gauge pod project

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
That looks really good. Nice work! I think it's a little too glossy though. A little more matte would be perfect! Either way, nice craftsmanship.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
That looks really good. Nice work! I think it's a little too glossy though. A little more matte would be perfect! Either way, nice craftsmanship.

yea i agree, i found what i am going to use now. Someone painted their blower with duplicolor engine bay low gloss paint and i think that will look awesome

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I like the green grass, the gokarting pictures, and the century 21 sign.
Oh, the pod looks killer too.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
im going to spray it with duplicolor low gloss engine enamel tomorrow. I think that is the exact color i am looking for. Will post up more pictures once its dried.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
yea i agree, i found what i am going to use now. Someone painted their blower with duplicolor engine bay low gloss paint and i think that will look awesome

That gauge pod looks Great!!

I use the low gloss engine paint also. It works well on many different car projects.

R

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Yea man looking back through the pictures it's a bit too glossy, and I think the low gloss will match the headliner a lot better and make the overall product look even better.

I honestly never thought this project would have turned out this good, that's why I bought another one off someone incase it didn't work out. But now I think I could really start selling these things

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I keep repeating myself in this thread, but it's warranted. That thing looks awesome!

Nothing better than fabricating your own parts and having them come out better than you anticipated.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Yeah, I'll be getting one. I like it even with the off color, so I'm sure I'll love it once the color is matched. Any idea what you'll be charging?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Yeah, I'll be getting one. I like it even with the off color, so I'm sure I'll love it once the color is matched. Any idea what you'll be charging?

It's hard to tell right now, b/c each one is a custom piece and is induvidually made. It not like I can just whip up a mold and mass produce them. These take a good bit of hours.

Pm me and we can chat price.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
For those of you who are interested in buying one of these please pm me and we can go over the details.

I will offer it in the option of two or three pods. Obviously with three pods you will lose the map lights and possibly the motion sensor for the alarm.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
so i painted it with the flat paint and i must say it looks great.

here are a few shots. The one in the car was using the flash so thats why the colors look so much different. I will pull the car out of the garage later and try and get some natural light. right now its crappy out

f09b5f2a.jpg

06700dad.jpg

93420a3c.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Update:
Gauges will be here Wednesday and will have a mock up picture so you guys can see the finished product. Then it will be time to drop the h and weld the bung in.

Now... Who wants one?

gr8snkbite

Established Member
Looks great. I am curious tho why the tubes aren't in reverse position having the shorter closest to you....

Users who are viewing this thread