Custom gauge pod project

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Because then the induvidual pods will be different lengths. It would look weird having on pod be 1 1/2" and the other being 2 1/2". I thought about doing it but when I mocked up the idea the cosmetics overwhelmed the functionality. And with the pods being on an angle they wont block the view.

Try holding two beer cans together at an angle facing you with the furthest from you sticking out the furthest. You can't do it with them being on the same flat plain

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Looking good bro.

are you kidding me? It looks terrible! In fact, it's so terrible.....

He should ship it to me, and let me put it in MY Vista Blue Shelby. :D

I will take the heat for it. :beer:

Now... Who wants one?

Very tempting.....can't wait to see the finished product, as I'm going to be using the same exact gauge setup. I'm still leaning towards the vent mounts, but you might change my mind.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I never liked the vent pods b/c it takes away from the dash. Plus I wanted something different, tucked away but still highly visible. The best thing is it's fairly hidden, close to the line of sight, and did I mention it's pretty sexy.

I get the gauges today so I will mock the whole thing up. Won't gave working pictures and vids till next week.

So once u see that Troy we can start this pocess and go over the details

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I don't plan on running any gauges but since I can get one for free I may use it to hold my sunglasses.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Just a little teaser till I get home to make a post

c390eb57.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Ok so my gauges have finally came in and man it was worth the short wait!!!

I want to give a big thanks to Van at REVAN RACING for answering all my questions and getting the gauges for me. Hes a great guy to work with, and i have a feeling this wont be the last thing ill be ordering from him.

So everything looks great and i threw them in just for a few pictures. I need to drop my H pipe tomorrow and weld a bung in for the a/f sensor.

c390eb57.jpg

96cad471.jpg

8e5ec66b.jpg

e67f397e.jpg

014fe88d.jpg

83382a78.jpg

846ab3c6.jpg

ffc99dd2.jpg

75ed7c0e.jpg

93b6856d.jpg

I think this project has turned out pretty Fing awesome and i cant wait to see those screens illuminate blue!!!

let me know what you guys think

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
ok so my gauges have finally came in and man it was worth the short wait!!!

I want to give a big thanks to van at revan racing for answering all my questions and getting the gauges for me. Hes a great guy to work with, and i have a feeling this wont be the last thing ill be ordering from him.

So everything looks great and i threw them in just for a few pictures. I need to drop my h pipe tomorrow and weld a bung in for the a/f sensor.

c390eb57.jpg

96cad471.jpg

8e5ec66b.jpg

e67f397e.jpg

014fe88d.jpg

83382a78.jpg

846ab3c6.jpg

ffc99dd2.jpg

75ed7c0e.jpg

93b6856d.jpg

i think this project has turned out pretty fing awesome and i cant wait to see those screens illuminate blue!!!

Let me know what you guys think

Nice!!!!!!!

R

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

If you guys want to put together a group buy on these gauge pods and Zak is willing to take on the project I'll sponsor it as an SVT Performance vendor I just ask that you work with me for your gauge setup as well.

What do you guys think?

Looks freakin' sweet Zak!!!

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Does it interfere with your rear view mirror at all? From your perspective in the drivers seat of course.

Looks good, got me thinkin.......

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
that could work, get at least 10 of them set up and do something like 3 at a time, that way i dont have everyones map light console sitting around.

What i have been telling people is that its about $50 more if you dont want to use your map light console as a core. That is roughly what it would cost me to find one and get it shipped to me. I would prefer that people send me their console so im not out looking for 3-5 consoles at a time. I have had my light console out of my car for about 2 weeks while working on this project and it doesnt look as bad as i thought. Plus everything works fine without everything plugged in.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Does it interfere with your rear view mirror at all? From your perspective in the drivers seat of course.

Looks good, got me thinkin.......

From my line of view in the driver seat with looking in the rear view you can see a little of the pod but it really doesnt obstruct much of the view. Once the weather clears up let me back the car out of the garage and see if i can get a picture showing how much is shown in the mirror.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
If you guys want to put together a group buy on these gauge pods and Zak is willing to take on the project I'll sponsor it as an SVT Performance vendor I just ask that you work with me for your gauge setup as well.

What do you guys think?

You already know I'm in Van!

Oh, and what do I think about your latest pics Zak?

FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP!

:rockon:

gr8snkbite

Established Member

What do you guys think?

Sounds cool Van...what size are those gauges?

Users who are viewing this thread