Votes: 31 41.9%
  • Nitto NT-05

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushin

Established Member
Well, got about 20K miles out of my GS-D3's and now they are down to their wear marks. So now it's time for new tires. I live in Castle Rock, Colorado, but I do not drive it in the snow. But I will drive it during winter when there is no sand out and it will be above freezing during the day.

GS-D3's were good tires. Happy with them. Excellent performance in the rain. But now the new Nitto NT-05's are out. From what I've read, they do well in the rain. The GS-D3's will cost me almost twice as much as the NT-05. But I don't know if I will see twice the life from the GS-D3's over the NT-05's.

There was also another tire that I don't remember the name of anymore. It's water channeling when from one side of the tire all the way over to the other side. There was a thread on here about them, but I can't seem to find it.

So for a daily driven cobra, what tire would you choose?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
20k miles? wow. I bought my car brand new and by 5k miles they were smooth as butter. No burn outs either, just got eaten alive from hard driving. The scrubbing sound you hear as you take off from traffic lights and such.

Evs04Snake

Established Member
Presently I have Vredestein Ultra Sessanta tires on mine. Good in the wet, not as sticky as the Nitto DR's. I have 275/40-17 on stock wheels on front and 315/35-17 on rear on 10.5 wheels. Pretty good for a DD. Paid about $760 for all 4, delivered. Bought from Group A Wheels.

Rev_HardSVT

Midwest Mustangs
Established Member
Im going to purchase a full set of the Nitto INVO for mine. The tread looks sick and has great reviews as well. So the INVOs is what I say.

Jefe

Established Member
Does the 315x35x17's fit on a 17x10.5 wheel? I thought you would need 315x40x17?

:??: I wouldnt get a 40 series tire for the rear of the Cobra. It will look too tall. Not sure they even make a 315/40

Love my NT05's

Ryushin

Established Member
Presently I have Vredestein Ultra Sessanta tires on mine. Good in the wet, not as sticky as the Nitto DR's. I have 275/40-17 on stock wheels on front and 315/35-17 on rear on 10.5 wheels. Pretty good for a DD. Paid about $760 for all 4, delivered. Bought from Group A Wheels.

Those were the other tires I was talking about. Though I thought they would have cost a lot less than the NT-05's. What is the tread rating on them?

rlongo

Established Member
Premium Member
NT-05s here. They hook like the Nitto DR but handle rain like performance tire. Best of both worlds.

stangliter04

Established Member
So the NT-05's are good in the rain? I am about to buy a set of tires for the rear and was going to go with the 555's

Jefe

Established Member
So the NT-05's are good in the rain? I am about to buy a set of tires for the rear and was going to go with the 555's

Check my thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/573059-new-nitto-nt05s.html

Finally rained here for the first time in months....The NT05's rock on wet roads! I actually got in boost when the road was empty a few times and it didnt start to spin until 4500rpm or so but stayed fairly straight. No wheel hop which surprised me. I was up near 60mph a couple times, never felt unstable. Very impressed
Here's a couple of the 315's on my car. They have been a great tire so far for me. Drove 400 miles home in the rain (hard rain) from SC and never once felt unstable, etc at interstate speeds. Hooks good too.
Cobra014.gif
Was going 78 mph the whole way other than a couple of areas where the rain was REALLY bad. Just have the rears on my car. Hope this helps.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
20k miles? wow. I bought my car brand new and by 5k miles they were smooth as butter. No burn outs either, just got eaten alive from hard driving. The scrubbing sound you hear as you take off from traffic lights and such.

You're probably talking about the Goodyear Eagle F1s that come on our cars from the factory. He's talking about the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s which is a much different/better tire eventhough it's a GY F1 as well.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Heard good things about Sumitomo tires .. they are alot cheaper than the rest for sure..
Friend of mine who has an 03 Cobra said they were quiet, did well in daily driving traction, and were a good value for the money. Only downside he said is they are not a tire to try to take off hard in because they spin pretty easy when you are trying to punch it.

Jefe

Established Member
Had Sumitomos on my 251rwhp GT, they were horrible for traction. Horrible! Got plenty of miles out of them though. Id recommend them for the front tires...

Jroc

Established Member
I would love to try some NT-05's, but for some reason 90% of manufactors don't want to offer 315's or 335's in a 18 unless its a DR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread