• Nitto NT-05

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
not on your list but I'm using bfg kdw's and DD my cobra and they are great rain or shine.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Be careful, once they wear a little more they are gonna suck in the rain! Mine did at least.:shrug:

they have worn down now and they do suck in the rain! I was coming over the causeway last week and it got hairy about 65mph :uh oh: thank god no accident, but i've gone ahead and ordered two of the 315 nt05s. love the 555r dry traction, but go to have some more confidence in rain

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Is anybody running Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 315/35/17 tires? They are a little cheaper than the NT05's with a 280 tread rating. Only downside is the tread pattern which won't allow for switching. How will that affect life and the wear of the tire?

EDIT: "Another great feature is this tire is asymmetrical, which means the tires can be rotated from side to side. This eliminates the tire rotation problems found when using two different size directional tires." I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Heard good things about Sumitomo tires .. they are alot cheaper than the rest for sure..
Friend of mine who has an 03 Cobra said they were quiet, did well in daily driving traction, and were a good value for the money. Only downside he said is they are not a tire to try to take off hard in because they spin pretty easy when you are trying to punch it.

i am not gonna lie...they look good and are better in the rain than a drag radial but they suck at traction you would think that a tire with 160 tread wear would be sticky but they are horrible. i can get sideways in 3rd..i have 275/40 in the front and 315/35 in the back with my stock 17x9 they look good and have a smooth ride but they just dont cut it..have had them for around a year and the rear tires are at the wear bar...too much sidewall deflection imo and make they car feel squirmy around sharp turns. just my 2 cents...:beer:

Teej281

Established Member
Look at the Toyo TQ. I have the 345/40/17 on the back of my car and it's a great tire..... cheap and great traction.

Ok, digging this thread back up to hijack. First question about the quote above...How did you fit such a tire on that car?! And second, has anyone else had any experience with the Toyo TQ d/r yet? Looking to buy new tires and was thinking about buying these for the rear.

stangliter04

Established Member
Changed my mind on the NT05's.... Since my car is not a daily I'm going to try those new MT ET Street radial 2's I'm sure i'll regret it after 4K milles and they are gone but that should take around 2 years!

Teej281

Established Member
Ok, another question...how bad are drag radials at handling in normal driving conditions? Never had d/r's before and im kinda curious about how bad they handle in normal driving. Do you think that nitto nt05's would be the best bet for me to have really good grip and sidewall stiffness???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread